Kevin B Moses

Roster Moves

10,456 posts in this topic

You really just don't have any idea what you're talking about and that's not surprising at all

You think Wallace is a good GM? Enlighten me. 

Well I already realize that the team doesn't have any real expendable assets. I am more critical of the process that has led us to that point than "standing pat."

The team doesn't have any assets that they want to move is the issue. I'm sure zbo and TA could have netted a 1st rounder a piece but we rather keep them. VC likely could net us something but he's so important for the next 24 games. 3 legit expiring deals that could help playoff teams.

OKC front office is amazing.  I would say their biggest gaffe was choosing Ibaka over Harden but it was understandable at the time.

You can't be serious.

You dont think they have a good front office?

I took X's comment to mean you can't be serious that the Thunder didn't realize Harden was a superior player than Ibaka. I don't see him making any comment about the Thunder's FO per se. The Thunder couldn't resign Harden with Westbrook and Durant to come so they had to make a difficult financial decision. 

The team doesn't have any assets that they want to move is the issue. I'm sure zbo and TA could have netted a 1st rounder a piece but we rather keep them. VC likely could net us something but he's so important for the next 24 games. 3 legit expiring deals that could help playoff teams.

we should have been doing those types of deals for years  , exp for some picks and a bum that gets waived . we need picks to take the next step . 

I took X's comment to mean you can't be serious that the Thunder didn't realize Harden was a superior player than Ibaka. I don't see him making any comment about the Thunder's FO per se. The Thunder couldn't resign Harden with Westbrook and Durant to come so they had to make a difficult financial decision.

I think they knew it but just felt that a big was more important a sixth man/third scoring option. I said I would have picked Harden at the time and looked for a big down the line just saying it was understandable where they were coming from being so close to the ring.

You really just don't have any idea what you're talking about and that's not surprising at all

What has Wallace done to improve the team since taking back over? All I see are bad trades, bad signings, terrible asset management, and even worse draft picks.

Douglas signed for the rest of the season

Well I called that

Douglas signed for the rest of the season

Like I said earlier, Fizdale's Ryan Hollins.

I think they knew it but just felt that a big was more important a sixth man/third scoring option. I said I would have picked Harden at the time and looked for a big down the line just saying it was understandable where they were coming from being so close to the ring.

It's just my opinion but I'm not sure the decision was between Ibaka and Harden. It was between Westbrook, Durant and Harden. Financially Ibaka wasn't the problem with remaining under the luxury tax. 

It's just my opinion but I'm not sure the decision was between Ibaka and Harden. It was between Westbrook, Durant and Harden. Financially Ibaka wasn't the problem with remaining under the luxury tax.

Im pretty sure it was between Harden and Ibaka. Durant and Westbrook were picked in 2007 and 2008. Both had been signed. Harden and Ibaka were 2009 picks. Both were up for contract extensions the next offseason. 4 big deals was going to put them over the tax line and we all know Durant/Westbrook were going nowhere.

If you google the subject Thunder chose Ibaka over Harden several articles will come up.

Edit: Ibaka was a 2008 pick. Nevertheless, Durant/Westbrook were going nowhere for sure.

couldn't they have just stretched perkins ?  anyways lot's of teams made crazy moves to avoid the coming tax penalties .

We essentially traded Rudy, Speights, Ellington and a first round pick for Tayshaun, Ed Davis and Jon Leuer

We essentially traded Rudy, Speights, Ellington and a first round pick for Tayshaun, Ed Davis and Jon Leuer

Please don't remind us of this.  -_-

Don't forget Josh Selby!

in 2009 wallace tried to trade Conley for Ramone Sessions and Joe ALexander. lolwtf

luckily the Bucks owner killed the deal..

where would this franchise be w/out Mike and Marc? Scary thought.

a whole lot of nothing ,  we then traded prince/1st for green , green for lance , clips 1st , clips 1st for 2 2nds ,   we traded  2 1st for  two 2nds and took on a jeff green salary dump , sounds like anxiety more than any type of "building" or vision ...   maybe we should be thankful we stood pat this year ......

i cant believe we keeping douglas with all the available PGs floating around now

i cant believe we keeping douglas with all the available PGs floating around now

Can't have a season without at least one Chris Wallace special.

Yes, they could have resigned them. They decided frugality beats talent. They are terrible. They had 3 players on their roster better than any Grizz in history and didn't do squat with it.