Ndq0327    0

Crawford just shot 39% from the field and 32% from 3. Plus he will be turning 36 years old next season

Exactly we need to start discovering talent instead of trying to pick up other team's used up goods.

if we get vets it's a 1 year deal ( or player optiion ),  they take a hit on $ this year but can get one last contract when the $ rolls in .

The_PROOF    0

Why trade for Crawford when we already have a guy who could potentially provide what Crawford does for a fraction of the cost?

Ethan7    0

What about something along the lines of ZBO + Green + #25 to Orlando for Aaron Gordon + #5? Obviously salaries don't match, would probably have to include Channing Frye. I think this trade would add some youth to the team while still allowing us to compete at a high level. I believe Orlando would have to consider as this trade would automatically make them a playoff team in the East.

The_PROOF    0

What about something along the lines of ZBO + Green + #25 to Orlando for Aaron Gordon + #5? Obviously salaries don't match, would probably have to include Channing Frye. I think this trade would add some youth to the team while still allowing us to compete at a high level. I believe Orlando would have to consider as this trade would automatically make them a playoff team in the East.

Umm **** yeah I'd do that trade! You'd be crazy not to.

Doubt Orlando would be willing to accept that offer, but you never know. They're allegedly growing impatient with the youth movement. Plug Gordon in at PF and draft Justise Winslow to be our SF, or draft Cauley-Stein to increase our front court depth. That's a quick rebuild/retool that would definitely keep us on pace in the West.

<rant>

Look at the talent that we ACTUALLY had on the team the last couple of years that we have given up on because of Coaches ego and impatience.   

Hasan Whiteside (25y), James Johnson (28y), Ed Davis(25y), Tony Wroten(22y), and Chris Johnson (25y)  

Now look at the guys we choose over them Nick Calathes(26), Jon Leuer(26), Kosta Koufos(26), Quincy Pondexter(27) and Jeff Green(28). 

This is literally just under Joerger regime i am not even going back to Hollins days.    The guys we dumped pretty much all have way more upside than the guys we kept.  Also their combined salaries are still less than Jeff Green's and we would've still had our draft pick.  Not to mention all those guys couldn't have done any worse in the playoffs.  

The guys we gave up on provide tons of athleticism, shot blocking, playmaking, and some shooting - legit TALENT that can still grow.  Can anyone seriously argue that Jeff Green is better than James Johnson?   That Calathes is better than Tony Wroten?  Chris Johnson couldn't have been any worse than Qpon.  Hasan is a dominanting force in the paint which is something that can't be said of Kosta.    They haven't crafted a negative enough emoji to describe how much choosing Leuer over Ed was a FAIL.  

Seriously,  look at this roster

Mike/Wroten/Beno

Clee/Tony/Adams

JJ/Vince/Johnson

Zbo/Ed/Stokes

Gasol/Whiteside

Our big man rotation would be literally the most feared in the NBA.    Actually would have several legit athletes in Ed, JJ, and Wroten.   Possibly someone who can develop into the PG of the future in Wroten. 

<end rant>

Ndq0327    0

But there are some posters on here that are going to swear that we made the right choice by moving those guys.

I feel we have the potential to slowly make up for past transgressions. We can draft a decent back up pg or center or both in this draft we can sign a young guy in fa that is under the radar and wont cost as much. Plus Chris Johnson is still out there so we can bring him back. But you are right someone on this FO is a horible talent evaluator whether its Joerger or Wallace. I think Hollinger is good and makes good decisions eventhough his machine was wrong about Leuer. I think Pera will be a great owner he showed vast improvement from his first year where we never saw him till this year where he was right next to the bench i belive he will open the wallet once he sees the right things being done personnel wise not taling chances on guys with obvious flaws like we did this offseason but bringing in guys that everyone can agree he's the right guy.

I'm not sure what Ed Stafansky does so I wont judge his role in this matter but Joerger and Wallace are clearly in my crosshairs for the lack of seeing who is the better player to keep.

says a lot to me that we bought a pick for stokes(bust or not ) , more moves like that please .  now using part of the MLe on stokes makes 0 sense, can't we just use give him min salary . take away from our best way to improve for no reason really . idk seems odd and i still haven't seen a reason to do that year after year . 

tjazz22    0

<rant>

Look at the talent that we ACTUALLY had on the team the last couple of years that we have given up on because of Coaches ego and impatience.

Hasan Whiteside (25y), James Johnson (28y), Ed Davis(25y), Tony Wroten(22y), and Chris Johnson (25y)

Now look at the guys we choose over them Nick Calathes(26), Jon Leuer(26), Kosta Koufos(26), Quincy Pondexter(27) and Jeff Green(28).

This is literally just under Joerger regime i am not even going back to Hollins days. The guys we dumped pretty much all have way more upside than the guys we kept. Also their combined salaries are still less than Jeff Green's and we would've still had our draft pick. Not to mention all those guys couldn't have done any worse in the playoffs.

The guys we gave up on provide tons of athleticism, shot blocking, playmaking, and some shooting - legit TALENT that can still grow. Can anyone seriously argue that Jeff Green is better than James Johnson? That Calathes is better than Tony Wroten? Chris Johnson couldn't have been any worse than Qpon. Hasan is a dominanting force in the paint which is something that can't be said of Kosta. They haven't crafted a negative enough emoji to describe how much choosing Leuer over Ed was a FAIL.

Seriously, look at this roster

Mike/Wroten/Beno

Clee/Tony/Adams

JJ/Vince/Johnson

Zbo/Ed/Stokes

Gasol/Whiteside

Our big man rotation would be literally the most feared in the NBA. Actually would have several legit athletes in Ed, JJ, and Wroten. Possibly someone who can develop into the PG of the future in Wroten.

<end rant>

PREACH PREACH!!!!!

The_PROOF    0

says a lot to me that we bought a pick for stokes(bust or not ) , more moves like that please .  now using part of the MLe on stokes makes 0 sense, can't we just use give him min salary . take away from our best way to improve for no reason really . idk seems odd and i still haven't seen a reason to do that year after year . 

Ummm..Stokes is under contract through 2017.

jumivi    0

Stokes can be a force, hes cheap... now tell this to others and trade him, please.

I still thinking the problem here is zbo, we need to play him with the bench. After the DJ and Marc interview im 100% sure thats the problem. I dont want to trade him, i just want him to be our 6th man. Try to get P. Patterson from raptors, Hinrich from Bulls. Let Calathes, Udrih, Koufos walk. Then wait for Vince healthy, if not, we have Lee/Green (final years of contract) to trade.

Conley Hinrich Russ

Lee Allen Adams

Green Vince 

Patterson Zbo Jay Green Leuer

Gasol Zbo FA

LadPro    0

<rant>

This is literally just under Joerger regime i am not even going back to Hollins days.    The guys we dumped pretty much all have way more upside than the guys we kept.  Also their combined salaries are still less than Jeff Green's and we would've still had our draft pick.  Not to mention all those guys couldn't have done any worse in the playoffs.  

The guys we gave up on provide tons of athleticism, shot blocking, playmaking, and some shooting - legit TALENT that can still grow.  Can anyone seriously argue that Jeff Green is better than James Johnson?   That Calathes is better than Tony Wroten?  Chris Johnson couldn't have been any worse than Qpon.  Hasan is a dominanting force in the paint which is something that can't be said of Kosta.    They haven't crafted a negative enough emoji to describe how much choosing Leuer over Ed was a FAIL.  

Mike/Wroten/Beno

Clee/Tony/Adams

JJ/Vince/Johnson

Zbo/Ed/Stokes

Gasol/Whiteside

Our big man rotation would be literally the most feared in the NBA.    Actually would have several legit athletes in Ed, JJ, and Wroten.   Possibly someone who can develop into the PG of the future in Wroten. 

<end rant>

+1000000000000000000.

<rant>

Mike/Wroten/Beno

Clee/Tony/Adams

JJ/Vince/Johnson

Zbo/Ed/Stokes

Gasol/Whiteside

<end rant>

You sure overrate a lot of those scrubs, and I'm really getting sick of people mentioning Whiteside.  When, in his couple years in the NBA and NBADL including Grizzlies' training camp, did he ever demonstrate he could play?  Geez, he averaged 7pts and 5reb in the D-League.

I also don't understand why you are blaming the coach.  He isn't the GM.  Wasn't it Levien who traded Wroten away?  I don't really think Davis and JJ wanted to be here, they seemed so indifferent at times.  Some players don't want to be in the exciting, glamorous city of Memphis.  Some prefer to lead dull lives in places with bad climates like California and Florida, or the everyday life of small towns like New York, Chicago, etc.

Thomas    0

Sorry, Smit - letting Whiteside go was a huge blunder. He looked awesome for us in the preseason and we still jettisoned him because we already had Kosta. We had a difference-making Center sitting in our laps whom we could have signed to a multi-year contract that paid him the veteran minimum, but we let him go because we had Kosta. Huge, huge mistake, especially when you consider that we could have kept the infinitely better Whiteside and subsequently traded Kosta for some 1st round picks. which we are sorely lacking right now.

You can make a case for the rest of those guys, and yes, Levien was the one who cast Wroten off, not Joerger. In fact, Joerger is on record saying that he hated that trade.

But there are some posters on here that are going to swear that we made the right choice by moving those guys.

I feel we have the potential to slowly make up for past transgressions. We can draft a decent back up pg or center or both in this draft we can sign a young guy in fa that is under the radar and wont cost as much. Plus Chris Johnson is still out there so we can bring him back. But you are right someone on this FO is a horible talent evaluator whether its Joerger or Wallace. I think Hollinger is good and makes good decisions eventhough his machine was wrong about Leuer. I think Pera will be a great owner he showed vast improvement from his first year where we never saw him till this year where he was right next to the bench i belive he will open the wallet once he sees the right things being done personnel wise not taling chances on guys with obvious flaws like we did this offseason but bringing in guys that everyone can agree he's the right guy.

I'm not sure what Ed Stafansky does so I wont judge his role in this matter but Joerger and Wallace are clearly in my crosshairs for the lack of seeing who is the better player to keep.

Chris Johnson??!!!!  Are you kidding me?!!  He can't even get time on scrub non-playoff teams.  Career 40% from the field, 32% from three. Posters on this forum got blasted for expressing any like for Tarence Kinsey on these boards back in the day, you know, the guy who shot 45% from the field and 32% from three and averaged 18.9ppg his last 13 games and then was ditched in favor of Casey Jacobsen.  Chris Johnson hasn't demonstrated he's a fraction that good.  Scrub love.

The_PROOF    0

Whiteside is a head case.

Seriously. As talented as he is, you can read his comments in the media and tell that something just doesn't click with him.

Sorry, Smit - letting Whiteside go was a huge blunder. He looked awesome for us in the preseason and we still jettisoned him because we already had Kosta. We had a difference-making Center sitting in our laps whom we could have signed to a multi-year contract that paid him the veteran minimum, but we let him go because we had Kosta. Huge, huge mistake, especially when you consider that we could have kept the infinitely better Whiteside and subsequently traded Kosta for some 1st round picks. which we are sorely lacking right now.

You can make a case for the rest of those guys, and yes, Levien was the one who cast Wroten off, not Joerger. In fact, Joerger is on record saying that he hated that trade.

Sorry, Tom, I watched the preseason games and he looked decent against other backups and training camp invitees.  Miami gave him 15 DNPs, made him inactive for 3, and suspended him for one.  Then there is the question of fit.  He thrived in Miami with Wade, Bosh, and Deng beside him in a more uptempo offense.  You think that would happen here?

Ndq0327    0

Chris Johnson??!!!!  Are you kidding me?!!  He can't even get time on scrub non-playoff teams.  Career 40% from the field, 32% from three. Posters on this forum got blasted for expressing any like for Tarence Kinsey on these boards back in the day, you know, the guy who shot 45% from the field and 32% from three and averaged 18.9ppg his last 13 games and then was ditched in favor of Casey Jacobsen.  Chris Johnson hasn't demonstrated he's a fraction that good.  Scrub love.

Smit as much as i dont wanna do online arguing about something so trivial you NEVER agree with anything that has to do with changing something about the team yet you never have any insight on how to fix glaring problems on this roster.

It doesn't matter who we type as a solution you find a way to make it seem like ir would be a ridiculous idea to even mention said person.

You are clearly a fan and have knowledge of the situation at hand so how do you think we solve our problems of three point shooting, extending the teams window, athleticism, and overall escaping the idea that the grizzlies will always lose because of a lack of offense.

Father Pat    0

Tony Allen and ZBo were too, right?

Wrong.

First of all, Whiteside is no longer a Grizzly. All the whining in the world won't change that.

Whiteside ticked off his teammates to the point of them talking about it to the press this season. How often does that happen? Very rarely.

Smit as much as i dont wanna do online arguing about something so trivial you NEVER agree with anything that has to do with changing something about the team yet you never have any insight on how to fix glaring problems on this roster.

It doesn't matter who we type as a solution you find a way to make it seem like ir would be a ridiculous idea to even mention said person.

You are clearly a fan and have knowledge of the situation at hand so how do you think we solve our problems of three point shooting, extending the teams window, athleticism, and overall escaping the idea that the grizzlies will always lose because of a lack of offense.

Sorry if you're offended, Ndq, but you post rather prolifically about making changes to the team, some of which include moving the very players who have brought us some 50+ win seasons and some moderate playoff success.  Then you post about picking up guys who have done nothing.

know who else hasn't done much .. the grizz .look up and count those banners next time you're at a game .