Love is severely overrated as an offensive player. Bottom line is that even in Minny he couldnt deliver most of his points when needed (to stop bleeding).

A true number one can get the ball and create something. He doesnt live off of someone setting him up or offensive rebound putbacks. That isnt going to work when the going gets tough.

Love is severely overrated as an offensive player. Bottom line is that even in Minny he couldnt deliver most of his points when needed (to stop bleeding).

A true number one can get the ball and create something. He doesnt live off of someone setting him up or offensive rebound putbacks. That isnt going to work when the going gets tough.

Agree 100%. Why would we move off players that we complain are not the alpha alto get someone that can't carry a team?

I get the frustrations and I do get the longer term but I don't think being nr 5 in the west is all bad. To me the million dollar question is how we get that alpha SG or SF or PF. (And keep Mike and Marc as core complementary pieces). Can it be done? The draft is such a long shot. No one could have known that kahwai would suddenly be all that...,

If B. Wright doesn't comes back till after the regular season, he will be of little use. Bad knees, to skinny, another Wallace mistake.

IMO, this guy was a signing mistake .

Yeah, shoulda got Noah, Pondexter, Jack, Jefferson, Chandler, Bledsoe, Carroll or Exum.

Oh, wait, ... 

SAC does away with $21 mill after this season if they do that trade, and although they are 8th right now, they're not going anywhere.  It gives them more cash to work with next season.

And can someone with a better grip of the salary cap next year explain what we can likely afford of we pay Mike? (Barnes?)

We can offer anything up to the max to Mike (of course reducing our available cap for other than our own expiring FAs). Barnes I'll have to check if we have his Bird rights or not.

Don't let your bias make the decision for you. The fact of the matter is Marc is no longer an elite defender. In fact, according to ESPN's real plus minus, Marc is the 21st best defensive center. His defensive rating is a 2.56 which is not significantly better than Love's 2.0. The biggest difference between the two is that Marc has a negative offensive rating (-0.22) whereas Love has the 3rd best PF offensive rating (3.25).

Everyone knows Love is a defensive liability. You don't trade for Love for his defense. You trade for him because he is one of the best scorers in the league and would give you a true number one option, something the Grizzlies sorely lack. Marc and Mike would both prefer to be the third option. Both are reluctant scorers. I'd absolutely trade Gasol for Love. Gasol is not the defensive anchor he used to be. If we made the trade though, we would need to bring a defensive center in to pair with Love though.

You don't trade for Love, PERIOD!

Basically we would be building around Mike Conley + Kevin Love.   Is that an easier task than building around Mike+Gasol?   Does that raise our ceiling?  

I think it does. Although I agree that it is not much. However because is younger than Gasol, it would extend the period of time we have to build around the two.

Loves terrible playin is really cuz the Cavs are utilizin him terribly. He's a ball-dominant player n they're usin him as a spot up shooter pretty much. He can't play with Lebron and there's no way he could play here.....as long as Zbo's around atleast.

Yeah, shoulda got Noah, Pondexter, Jack, Jefferson, Chandler, Bledsoe, Carroll or Exum.

Oh, wait, ... 

No............. Should not have cut Whiteside when the Grizz had him on their summer league roster.

Why would he come back on a 10 day?

I think the FO is going to make a move at the deadline to bring in a guy who can bolster our front court. I mean Hollins is Hollins we all know he doesn't move the needle at all. Perfect timing to spear Marc some minutes rest with a couple of 10 days short of the deadline

Keep hyping MC11  and hope anybody will take him.That cat can't guard a lamp post but keep hope and trade talks alive

I still think we should seriously look to move Clee, Jeff, Vince, Tony, and/or Zbo.

http://hoopshabit.com/2016/01/15/toronto-raptors-examining-terrence-ross-uneven-season/

Toronto could flip some of that for help on the wing, or an upgrade at power forward — the biggest long-term hole on the roster. “We already have so many young players,” Ujiri said. “And those extra picks over the next two years — we can’t use all those picks. So [a trade] is always something you’re looking at.”

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2016/01/jared_cunningham_1.html

“Instead, the Cavs on the lookout for another defensive-minded wing with a long distance spot-up stroke, cleveland.com was informed — someone who can back up Shumpert, whose frantic style of play tends to lead to injuries.”

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2609912-chicago-bulls-most-likely-to-be-traded-before-the-deadline

Executives around the league and people have told me, that the Bulls are very determined to add a talented wing player. Tony Snell has been given a lot of opportunities, and he hasn't established himself, and I've been told that the Bulls are open to...whether it's Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson...maybe not both of them, but either of them if there's a deal out there that they can bring in the best possible wing player available, they're open to it. That's a direction they're going to go in. They need more shooting...to shape this team towards more of an offensive-minded group.

We also know that Terrence Jones is available from HOU and with them just trading back for JSmoove it seems like TJones will probably be moved soon. 

My first move would be to work with TOR to get Terrence Ross + Pick.  Do we really want to pay 12-15m per year for CLee next 3-4yrs; that is how much he will cost once the cap jumps.  TRoss will be locked up for next 3yrs paying about 10.5m per year.   He is a 6'7' SG that can score and play solid defense but is inconsistent.   Seems like a perfect replacement for a 6'4 SG that can score and play solid defense but is inconsistent.  Difference is TRoss is 24 and doesn't hesitate to shoot and currently connecting on .36% from three. 

this is the move i would make

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h3m9dg5 

MEM gets Nene, Terrence Ross, Taj Gibson + TOR pick, CHI pick

WAS gets Jeff Green Luis Scola

TOR gets Zbo

CHI gets Clee + Vince Carter

New roster

Mike/Mario/ Elliot Williams (10day)

TRoss/Allen/Adams

Matt/Ennis/Martin

Taj/Wright/JaM

Gasol/Nene

Nene and Taj give us interior defenders and rim-protectors we need to become a defensive force again.   The entire team is extremely strong defensively now and more athletic.     Nene Matt and Mario are still expiring contracts which gives us the flexibility to give Conley and another player a MAX in the offseason.    Nene onboard means Gasol can finally get rest or nights off.

TRoss and Adams gives us two SG's that can score dynamically and still have potential to improve.    Ennis can develop into a backup 3D SF on dirt cheap contract. 

All these moves are realistic and allow us to remain a playoff team while still shaping roster.

@GTF,

I do not see a playoff team with that roster. That Roster would struggle to score 80/gm. The Rules and way games are called now won't allow for any Defense to keep  NBA teams under 80/gm. After the recent showing of Z-Bo off the bench, I do not see why anyone would want to trade Z-bo for a rim protector and think that this team would still be a playoff team this year. Perhaps long term, with more deals, it could work. But this proposed roster wouldn't cut it.