memphtucky    0

I don't see the need to draft a guy like Booker though. We have our future scorer/shooter at the SG position in Adams. We need a 3&D SF. I like Dekker. His ball handling needs to improve and his jumper needs to be more consistent but those can both be fixed,  He doesn't do one thing extremely well but he does everything you need of him.

If we can't trade up get Dekker target a guy like Justin Anderson or Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. If the FO doesn't like any of those guys go out and get Robert Covington.

What we really need is a guy that can create for himself. Jeff Green can't. Or at least it looks like he can't in our system.

Arkm110    0

I don't see the need to draft a guy like Booker though. We have our future scorer/shooter at the SG position in Adams. We need a 3&D SF. I like Dekker. His ball handling needs to improve and his jumper needs to be more consistent but those can both be fixed, He doesn't do one thing extremely well but he does everything you need of him.

If we can't trade up get Dekker target a guy like Justin Anderson or Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. If the FO doesn't like any of those guys go out and get Robert Covington.

What we really need is a guy that can create for himself. Jeff Green can't. Or at least it looks like he can't in our system.

booker has the potential to become like klay Thompson and adams has the potential to become a Wes Matthews. Wouldn't it be nice to have 2 shooting guards capable of getting buckets in the future?

memphtucky    0

booker has the potential to become like klay Thompson and adams has the potential to become a Wes Matthews. Wouldn't it be nice to have 2 shooting guards capable of getting buckets in the future?

When you put it that way it sounds really nice, but how would they mesh on the floor together? I just graduated from UK and watched Booker all year. Booker isn't and more than likely never will be a good defensive player. I don't think Adams will be either.

To critique my own opinion: I'm not so sure Dekker isn't a Jeff Green clone. I haven't watched enough of his tape to see if he can create for himself.

Arkm110    0

When you put it that way it sounds really nice, but how would they mesh on the floor together? I just graduated from UK and watched Booker all year. Booker isn't and more than likely never will be a good defensive player. I don't think Adams will be either.

To reiterate on my point. I'm not so sure Dekker isn't a Jeff Green clone. I haven't watched enough of his tape to see if he can create for himself.

congrats on your graduation!

adams is already pretty solid on defense. Defense is something that can be tought especially in our system. Just look at how calathes has developed defensively.

As for dekker, I haven't watched him much so idk how he can do for us. I think adams and booker can develop chemistry together and become the next splash bros lol. (Not really) but they can really be the best way to solve our shooting problem

memphtucky    0

adams is already pretty solid on defense. Defense is something that can be tought especially in our system. Just look at how calathes has developed defensively.

As for dekker, I haven't watched him much so idk how he can do for us. I think adams and booker can develop chemistry together and become the next splash bros lol. (Not really) but they can really be the best way to solve our shooting problem

Thanks!

Adams plays the passing lanes very well and is very good off the ball, however, his on ball defense needs to improve.

I'm just not very high on Booker. He can shoot the ball..but what can he do that RJ Hunter can't? I don't like the idea of trading up for Booker.

Ndq0327    0

Adams and booker play the same position and they say Booker is just a shooter

Arkm110    0

Adams and booker play the same position and they say Booker is just a shooter

we need a player who only knows how to shoot. That way he's not afraid to let it fly

Ndq0327    0

Adams can shoot and he has proven that he isnt afraid we need someone to play along side of him at the 3. Thats why I've thrown out names like Singler, Hollis Thompson and Robert Covington. If we plan on resigning Marc then we wont have much money to play with both Thompson and Covington contract together equals around 3 mil.

What I am looking for from the grizzlies this offseason then is to clear the way for Jordan Adams and Jarnell Stokes to compete for the regular man rotation. I also think that the grizzlies NEED to find a way to get a dynamic pg to play behind conley. I think with Stokes, Koufus, Marc and Zach, we are set at the pf and center spots.

my thought is really different as far as the back-up for zbo.

im great with kk and agree. he has been great and love his style.

however, for zbo's back up...stokes is the last thing we need.

we need a change of pace guy. the last thing we need is a bruiser, who can't step out past 10 feet.

we need a guy that runs the floor great and stretches the floor big time.

said yesterday, but a guy exactly like 'mo speights..jj was that too.

we need someone at that spot that is not a 'lumberer'.

*this is in no way a knock on stokes. i wish him the best and think he will have a spot in the nba.

imo, that spot is just not here.

slim.

as far as back-up pg...i think we have a great prospect in russ.

i'd find ways to ensure he gets minutes. beans would be primary, but russ needs time too.

i think beans proved that he has deceptive speed- he is slower than he looks.

slim.

fanboyslim    0

Beno has been fine in his role while healthy, and has provided much needed scoring from the bench. Despite his flaws I think we'd be short sighted if we dumped him based on his performance against the MVP on a gimpy ankle. He has a bargain contract and he can easily slid into the 3rd PG slot if Russ or a PG to be named later outperforms him.

On the backup PF front, I'm with my fellow slim. We need someone like Leuer, only, you know, who can play basketball.

Ndq0327    0

Beno cant guard anyone with quickness we dont need to hid players on Defense anymore i think Delon Wright coukd ve q good back up before because he can already defend plus he can score similar to the qay Elfrid Payton does. He isn't a bad shooter but he isnt a great one either. He's 23 so he should be mature enough to crack the the rotation.

Plus he could be a good incentive to gwtting his brother to sign with us Dorrell Wright

Adams needs to move into the starting lineup or at least get 25+ minutes every night.  The team can't grow if the talented young players don't develop, and the regular season is the time for that development.

The second major need is a better backup PG.  This has been an issue for about 10 years.  People will say Beno did a good enoughjob, but that's just because he looks good compared to what we've been trotting out their the past decade.  PG is the most important position on the court...I'd like to see us get someone who is good enough to start on some teams, or is at least a young guy that can develop into a starter.    

Outside of that, I'd personally like to see our bench become a much better offensive unit.  We need some scoring punches off the bench.  We need a bench that can come in and give us a 15-5 run from time to time.  This season, it felt like we were just trying to hold on while the bench was in the game.  

I'm also fine with signing veteran backups for the PF/C spots.  I don't think there are many good, young options out there.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a Meyers Leonard type of player on this team, but, realistically, I'd be fine getting either Scola or Boozer too.

The_PROOF    0

June 29

Thanks man.

Sucks that it's after the draft, I'd assume the FO will have an idea before he actually opts in or out.

mackdaddy28    0

If Marc walks, how about DeAndre Jordan? Hate Clips but the man can block shots and scores .FT an issue but work all summer on that. His defense would be a great fit here. I really like Marc but he plays too far out for me. I would like to get Matt barnes too because he is ready for a fight it seems all the time. But seriously, the Griz have to get a big time scorer that can occasionally score 40 in a game. they are NEVER going to get the calls by the refs until they do .NBA wants big media markets unless you have someone who can attract publicity by scoring 40-50 points on any given night. Otherwise the Griz are like a night at the movies. Entertainment but no title.

The_PROOF    0

If Marc walks, how about DeAndre Jordan? Hate Clips but the man can block shots and scores .FT an issue but work all summer on that. His defense would be a great fit here. I really like Marc but he plays too far out for me. I would like to get Matt barnes too because he is ready for a fight it seems all the time. But seriously, the Griz have to get a big time scorer that can occasionally score 40 in a game. they are NEVER going to get the calls by the refs until they do .NBA wants big media markets unless you have someone who can attract publicity by scoring 40-50 points on any given night. Otherwise the Griz are like a night at the movies. Entertainment but no title.

That's been mentioned on several other threads already. Some are for it, some are strongly against it. 

The_PROOF    0

they could end up waiving one of barnes or crawford . 

I mean, they drafted Reggie Bullock and CJ Wilcox the very next season, so I would think that maybe they're looking for a younger, cheaper replacement for one of those guys.

LadPro    0

I wonder if Wes Matthews' achilles injury will drive down his market price. Probably wishful thinking, but man I would love him here. That's the guy we need to go with the rest of the core.

Conley

Matthews/CLee

Green

Randolph

Gasol

Looks good to me.

Allen    0

Matthews is Portland's TA. He's the heart of the team and a fan favorite. I doubt he goes anywhere

Ndq0327    0

No no more old guys we need to draft a good player at 25 and develop him we can package vc and green together for a player bit no more trading draft picks and no more bringing in old players

Allen    0

Crawford just shot 39% from the field and 32% from 3. Plus he will be turning 36 years old next season