Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

Colin Cowherd Said Today That Vegas Has It Wrong About The Grizzlies Winning It All

He also had Brian Windhorst on and he said the west is a three team race between GS, Grizzlies and the spurs.

To be fair though Colin made his comment to support another idea he had about small market teams being on equal footing. I don't really think Colin really belives and wants the the grizzlies to get to the finals. 

He also had Brian Windhorst on and he said the west is a three team race between GS, Grizzlies and the spurs.

To be fair though Colin made his comment to support another idea he had about small market teams being on equal footing. I don't really think Colin really belives and wants the the grizzlies to get to the finals.

About a fortnight ago, I posted odds quote by Mike Greenberg on ESPN from a Las Vegas book:

Las Vegas got Memphis @ 6/1 to win WC

GSW 9/4

OKC 3/1

SAS 4/1

Memphis is next.

Mike Greenberg on ESPN saying he'd put his money on Memphis.

Mike thought it was an absolute joke that OKC were 3/1.

Don't know how much all these odds have changed recently

chipc3    0

Spurs just beat OKC by 31 points. I'd say the Spurs odds just started to look a bit better but then again they lost the night before to Dallas.

The West is still Golden State and a lot of teams that could beat anyone on any given night.

guillermo    0

I think Cavs are the team to beat.  Easy to say after they kicked our butts but the east is weak. Atlanta is unproven, Bulls are hurt.

The Cavs should get to finals easily.

toomuchd    0

OKC's defense is a major, major problem right now. If they play Golden State without a healthy Ibaka, then the Warriors may average 120+ a game in that series. Would be fun to watch though.

LadPro    0

A healthy Okc would be favorites for me.

Agreed. I don't think this is their year, but next year, if they're at full strength, they'll win 60 games easily. Kanter is a crazy good fit for them. Lol at all the people who thought the Reggie Jackson trade would make them worse.

OKC aren't going anywhere if they meet Warriors in the first round, Warriors are gonna tear the playoffs apart

I think you mean "Warriors are gonna get torn apart in the playoffs" lmao, I don't see them advancing too far. I don't think their play will translate into the post-season, but we'll see.

I still don't buy this year's Grizz, Warriors, or Hawks as true title contenders. Last year's Heat, Thunder, and Spurs would abuse all 3. But this season has been really weird, so we'll see.

Agreed. I don't think this is their year, but next year, if they're at full strength, they'll win 60 games easily. Kanter is a crazy good fit for them. Lol at all the people who thought the Reggie Jackson trade would make them worse.

I think you mean "Warriors are gonna get torn apart in the playoffs" lmao, I don't see them advancing too far. I don't think their play will translate into the post-season, but we'll see.

I still don't buy this year's Grizz, Warriors, or Hawks as true title contenders. Last year's Heat, Thunder, and Spurs would abuse all 3. But this season has been really weird, so we'll see.

The warriors are loaded, just about everyone on the team is playing well, so well they have an all-star sitting on the bench and he is not slouch.

Spurs just beat OKC by 31 points. I'd say the Spurs odds just started to look a bit better but then again they lost the night before to Dallas.

The West is still Golden State and a lot of teams that could beat anyone on any given night.

Don't know where you got your score from but the 1 I see says they got beat by 39, that's just about as close to 40 as you can get and get beat by 40 is much worse than getting beat by 30.

LadPro    0

The warriors are loaded, just about everyone on the team is playing well, so well they have an all-star sitting on the bench and he is not slouch.

That is very true about David Lee. I don't quite understand why he's been on the bench, but he's fine with it, and they're winning, so I guess it won't change.

I think Steve Kerr is a great coach, and obviously Curry and Thompson go ham, but I'm still not quite sold on the Warriors just yet.

Gradey    0

Kinda funny....in this thread folks say OKC when healthy could be best.  And then another thread says the Griz don't have enough to win and point to our blow out vs Bron's Cavs last night.  But I duno if you all watched but OKC got manhandled worse or as bad as we did last night by the Spurs. 

The Grizz have just as much chance to come out of the West as anyone.  There are some teams we match up better with than others...but in a 7 game series I don't fear ANYONE.  We may not win, but we may.  And you can say that for probably 4-5 teams out west.

That is very true about David Lee. I don't quite understand why he's been on the bench, but he's fine with it, and they're winning, so I guess it won't change.

I think Steve Kerr is a great coach, and obviously Curry and Thompson go ham, but I'm still not quite sold on the Warriors just yet.

They like having Draymond Green on the floor at the 4. His shooting and floor game makes the team function better even though Lee would be a superior player on most rosters.

I think the Warriors really are the best team in the West this year. I see the Thunder, if healthy, as their only challenger. We aren't as good a team as Golden St., but we do match up well enough with them that I think we'd take them in a series. They've got the firepower to beat the Spurs, but not the heft inside to take on Randolph & Gasol. Heft beats firepower in the playoffs. We've pretty much owned Golden St. the past 4 or 5 years or so.

I don't like Colin Cowherd. I think he's a dork. Last time I checked he was not an NBA analyst, but just some guy with a microphone. Who really cares what he thinks or says?

TT_Grizz    0

no one is talking about what a big factor seeding will play. depending on where the Spurs end up, either Grizz or Warriors will meet them in the 2nd round. what we want to do is avoid Spurs as long as possible, and let Warriors vs Spurs be a bloodbath in the second round, hopefully makes our path to the WCF easier

chipc3    0

no one is talking about what a big factor seeding will play. depending on where the Spurs end up, either Grizz or Warriors will meet them in the 2nd round. what we want to do is avoid Spurs as long as possible, and let Warriors vs Spurs be a bloodbath in the second round, hopefully makes our path to the WCF easier

Who's not talking about that? Everyone is looking at the schedule, determining possible wins and losses and trying hard to figure out where they want their team to finish to get the best possible chance of advancement.

No one is talking about the Grizzlies really needing to win the Division. Not only would that insure them home court advantage in the first round but also take them off that short list of teams that have never won their division.I want that banner flying in FedEx Forum.

Yog1    0

I believe the Cavs have a great chance. They man-handled us, then I have the Spurs. I think we should be out of the discussion because we are starting to sputter ddown the stretch.