Sign in to follow this  
TT_Grizz

The Official Quincy Pondexter Thread

Yes, Green's 10/3/2 in 27 minutes on 27% shooting is really something to get excited about. :blink:/>

Seems like a comment from someone who just looks at the box score and absolutely nothing else.

Q didn't shoot a high percentage and a low percentage isn't unexpected for a player who has to learn a system. Q had more time on the court
I think its the way he seemlessy gelled and didnt look out of place. He just needs time to learn and he will do fine

Exactly. Agree with both. He looked good in his first game, especially after having only one practice with the team. I liked that he looked better on defense than I expected as well.

Q didn't shoot a high percentage and a low percentage isn't unexpected for a player who has to learn a system. Q had more time on the court
I think the goal remains at the same height and the same place on the backboard so when a player shoots it really doesn't have much to do with the system.

But he had less shots and he did nail 3 3s. JG is a much more experienced player than Q, any excuse you use for JG could apply to Q as well. I do appreciate the fact that JG didn't look hesitant to shoot but if Q shot 3-11, he'd have been yanked before he got to 11 shots. Q made 9 points on 7 shots, JG made 6 on 11 shots. Q shot 60% from 3, JG shot 0% from 3. It doesn't take a mathematical wizard to see who played best in their 1st game with their new team.

9-6-3 in 31 minutes isn't really balling. He did ok but I'm still way more excited about green

Look at it this way. When was the last time Q-Pon had a statline like that.

And he hit 3 3pt shots. 2 of his misses were blocks.

It's early to judge basing on one game for a guy who just joined a new team with a completely different system than his last team. He was good defending Joe Johnson for the early part of the game

Seems like a comment from someone who just looks at the box score and absolutely nothing else.

The general consensus at the watch party last night was that he did about the same job that either Tayshaun or Quincy had been giving us so far this season. Last night was not anything for Green to be proud of. That's why I believe he will remain on the bench unless someone higher up is pushing for a change.

If you want to go by boxscore, everyone in the starting lineup was +17 or better when on the court. All the bench players had negative values, with Green having the fourth worse at -9. Vince, Jon and Kosta were worst, due to the bad second quarter.

If my kitchen's on fire and my sink is overflowing, and you yell "Fire!" I'm not going to say "I'm talking about the sink here!"
No, he's playing himself OUT of a trade. And whaddya gonna do - put in 35% Carter?

sure did play himself out of a trade .

fires' out and now we can talk about the sink if ya want ..

Good threads related to Grizzlies talk are being moved, but this is still here?

He is on another team and I am glad. Move on and move this thread.

just finished watching NOLA beat DAL and Quincy had a solid game. He was on the court just about all the 4th quarter and was in the game down the stretch at the end. I must say that I was happy for him. I really had wanted him to continue to develop after his nice series against SA in the WCF a couple years ago but it just did not work out.

But Monty W must see something in him that he likes because he may be starting already or is playing extremely significant minutes.

I am happy for him. Hope he does well except when they face the Grizzlies. Congrats Q

Hey SouthBluffs, Why did Parsons take only 6shots in the whole game?
you know, I didnt even pay attention to that. If that is all he took, I imagine it was because Monta was taking something like 27 himself and he was hot as a firecracker the whole game. I guess they were just deferring to Monta, but I didnt realize Parsons shot it only 6 times.

Im sure he will remedy that tomorrow night when MEM rolls into Big D for our game with the Mavs. LOL

This is why we should all thank Quincy for playing with the Grizzlies as long as he did and wish him the best in his future.