Sign in to follow this  
TT_Grizz

The Official Quincy Pondexter Thread

One guy is shooting 10-18 and the other is 7-27 and you say that the one shooting the best is garbage, what does that make the other, sheet?

TA is 100 % from three in the last 5 games i'd go with him !

One guy is shooting over 55% and the other guy is shooting a little over 25%, and think the 25% shooter is the one you think should be getting more playing time? Something just seem a little off there to me, does your head rattle when you turn it? Sounds like you may have a loose screw. Vince has 17 points off 27 shots, I'm sure that would win at least 60 games a year.

i'm talking about pondexter not vince , if you wanna talk about vince start another thread .or bump the other one .

i'm talking about pondexter not vince , if you wanna talk about vince start another thread .or bump the other one .

If my kitchen's on fire and my sink is overflowing, and you yell "Fire!" I'm not going to say "I'm talking about the sink here!"

If my kitchen's on fire and my sink is overflowing, and you yell "Fire!" I'm not going to say "I'm talking about the sink here!"

these thread is about qpon look at the title . it's about him playing like garbage.

Over the last 5 games Quincy has played good defense and shot 55% from the field. Granted the sample size is small but is it not possible he is finally coming back from basically a lost season last year. Some players take a while to get their game back after all.

Or is this simply a bash QPon or go away thread?

Why you botching so much about Q thenn Vince is even worse at this point in time. Hey I like Vince, I like NC, but get off Qs' case, he's doing better besides I've never seen anything about staying on the subject matter. Next someone will be botching about you botching about things and then the mods will come out with a rule that there will be no more botching about the team or the players, that only their praises make be extolled and then I won't be able to botch about the Grizz needing to trade Gasol and then everything will be just dandy on the board, I can just see it now.

Over the last 5 games Quincy has played good defense and shot 55% from the field. Granted the sample size is small but is it not possible he is finally coming back from basically a lost season last year. Some players take a while to get their game back after all. Or is this simply a bash QPon or go away thread?
Yeah it is a small sample size but given that he wasn't given the opportunity to have a larger sample size, it's a helluva lot better than him shooting 5-18.

Why you botching so much about Q thenn Vince is even worse at this point in time. Hey I like Vince, I like NC, but get off Qs' case, he's doing better besides I've never seen anything about staying on the subject matter. Next someone will be botching about you botching about things and then the mods will come out with a rule that there will be no more botching about the team or the players, that only their praises make be extolled and then I won't be able to botch about the Grizz needing to trade Gasol and then everything will be just dandy on the board, I can just see it now.

again . read the title .... you may get a clue why i am talking about pondexter .

Over the last 5 games Quincy has played good defense and shot 55% from the field. Granted the sample size is small but is it not possible he is finally coming back from basically a lost season last year. Some players take a while to get their game back after all. Or is this simply a bash QPon or go away thread?

no,its pointing out that he's been awful and if he doesn't improve over the next few weeks trading him should be looked into. crazy idea i know..

no,its pointing out that he's been awful and if he doesn't improve over the next few weeks trading him should be looked into. crazy idea i know..

I'm sorry but you haven't pointed out anything new here while completely ignoring what he is currently doing that is in direct opposition to what you accuse him of being.

Clearly the team wants to make a move and they are looking into many options.

If the a deal can't be accomplished then either VC or QPon need ti improve their play if the Grizzlies want to remain with home court advantage in the 2st round of the playoffs. Both need to improve if the Grizzlies want to advance further than that.

Chris Wallace is a pretty smart guy. If he could've gotten something for Q by now, he would have. I wouldn't be surprised if teams were lowballing the f**** outta him for Q right now. The guy's stock is ***** poor right now. But let's face it, his contract isn't bad for a guy who can step right in and compete if Tony or Courtney go down.

what part of leaving kyle korver alone from 3 point range for 3 straight possessions is good defense?

what part of 4 points per game is impressive

it's also funny to act like he's been stellar the last 5 games when he stat padded vs the Knicks in garbage time and was absolute junk vs Atlanta and Denver

try harder, maybe a lame excuse about knowing the plays or chemistry

I'm sorry but you haven't pointed out anything new here while completely ignoring what he is currently doing that is in direct opposition to what you accuse him of being. Clearly the team wants to make a move and they are looking into many options. If the a deal can't be accomplished then either VC or QPon need ti improve their play if the Grizzlies want to remain with home court advantage in the 2st round of the playoffs. Both need to improve if the Grizzlies want to advance further than that.
Since Q has been playing better lately, he should be given more shots to see if he is actually improving. Vince needs his PT cut back at this time.

Since Q has been playing better lately, he should be given more shots to see if he is actually improving. Vince needs his PT cut back at this time.

Improving play doesn't mean he has to start forcing up shots. I'd argue that the opposite is true. He's playing better because he isn't forcing up more shots. QPon has always been at his best when he takes what comes in the flow and not forcing things.

Vince is starting to worry me. His play seems so erratic and not improving at all.

I'm sorry but you haven't pointed out anything new here while completely ignoring what he is currently doing that is in direct opposition to what you accuse him of being. Clearly the team wants to make a move and they are looking into many options. If the a deal can't be accomplished then either VC or QPon need ti improve their play if the Grizzlies want to remain with home court advantage in the 2st round of the playoffs. Both need to improve if the Grizzlies want to advance further than that.

two turds really. sinkers and floaters but which is which? i'd want more than 5 games to decide since the thread is about Q i'll keep talking about how he need to step it up before he gets flushed ...

To get to 20 good games, you first have to have 1 then start moving upward, YOU CAN'T START OFF AT 20. Look at VC what he has done in the last 5 games, 7 for freaking 27, yet he played 20:44 and put up 5 shots, Q played 9:19 and he only got 1 shot yet and in the previous game Q was 4-5 while V was 2-4, so why did Q get less minutes than V did. It's because Joerger isn't the brightest bulb in the building.
No it's because Q sucks and Vince is a future HOFer

Vince just needs more consistent role. He gets subbed in randomly, he gets subbed out randomly, plays several positions. Doesn't get consistent minutes. Everything like that affects a scorer off the bench tremendously.

Vince just needs more consistent role. He gets subbed in randomly, he gets subbed out randomly, plays several positions. Doesn't get consistent minutes. Everything like that affects a scorer off the bench tremendously.
So why couldn't the same excuse be used for Q too?

what part of leaving kyle korver alone from 3 point range for 3 straight possessions is good defense? what part of 4 points per game is impressive it's also funny to act like he's been stellar the last 5 games when he stat padded vs the Knicks in garbage time and was absolute junk vs Atlanta and Denver try harder, maybe a lame excuse about knowing the plays or chemistry
He didn't make but 1 shot when Q was on the floor, I guess Q must've scared the hades out of him. 4 points a game is impressive when a player is taking less than 4 shots a game. I would think most good coaches would run plays for players making over 50% of their shots, but then I did say GOOD COACHES.

two turds really. sinkers and floaters but which is which? i'd want more than 5 games to decide since the thread is about Q i'll keep talking about how he need to step it up before he gets flushed ...
There's bigger turds on that team than Q. I haven't seen a player who has been able to step it up when the ball wasn't passed to him. His shot selection has been good and I can't say that for some other players.

He didn't make but 1 shot when Q was on the floor, I guess Q must've scared the hades out of him. 4 points a game is impressive when a player is taking less than 4 shots a game. I would think most good coaches would run plays for players making over 50% of their shots, but then I did say GOOD COACHES.

remember again, Korver finally drained the 3rd wide open three and VC lit up Pondexter on his crap d and apparently Joerger did too because Pondexter got parked on the bench.

And no, there's nothing impressive about scoring 22 points on 18 shots in a 5 game stretch, not even for a Knicks player.

QPon is a career 4 point and 2 rebound per game guy with a PER that is always around 10 aka he is a garbage player and if he had a more reasonable contract he would be waiver bait

he's shooting a stellar 27% on jump shots, 38% on lay ups which are almost all the shots he takes . 5 games ? yeah sure that's a tiny sample size though and barely even paints a picture of Q . keep it up and he's still gotta improve to stick around .