nwagrizzfan

Grizz News Links

306 posts in this topic

some more gasol love

http://www.foxsports.com/tennessee/story/memphis-grizzlies-center-marc-gasol-one-of-nba-s-quiet-superstars-121114

"He doesn't have to. Joerger knows what he's getting. When Gasol scored only eight points in November against the Lakers, he also logged nine assists. When he scored two this week against the Heat, seven assists. Gasol's PER is 11th in the league at 23.48. When he was 1 of 6 shooting against Miami, SportVU said the Grizzlies scored 30 points off of the 22 screens he set."

5 Most Surprising Players in the NBA

First an ex-Griz,

Marreese Speights, Forward, Golden State Warriors,

then a current Griz,

Courtney Lee, Guard, Memphis Grizzlies.

Big Mo back in Mempho.

5 Most Surprising Players in the NBA First an ex-Griz, Marreese Speights, Forward, Golden State Warriors, then a current Griz, Courtney Lee, Guard, Memphis Grizzlies. Big Mo back in Mempho.

CLee43 has been such an amazing pick up. Way better than Oj ever was.

Thanks for the link Toke. I must admit is wasn't one of my better written blogs but it was a lot of fun writing it.

Thanks for the link Toke. I must admit is wasn't one of my better written blogs but it was a lot of fun writing it.

All Grizz News Links , right ?

I did the same thing last season here at Staples

- against the Lakers and w/o Kobe

- no where near the floor seats ;)

And the Grizz won

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/120572/adrian-wojnarowski-how-basketballs-reporting-machine-gets-his-scoops

Here's a long-time-coming article that exposes the smug, egotistical jerk Adrian Wojnarowski, and his unprofessional (borderline psychopathic, if you ask me) reporting style.

It also explains why every article he writes about the Grizzlies has a heavily negative complexion - it stems from his hatred for ESPN, where we all know John Hollinger was previously employed:

Wojnarowski’s animus towards ESPN reached an embarrassing low in 2013, when the Memphis Grizzlies traded Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors. He called Grizzlies management “a front office of novices” while slamming the trade. But he really saved up his ammo for John Hollinger—the Grizzlies VP of Basketball Operations and former longtime ESPN writer—who he derided as “a statistician who worked for a cable company.” Wojnarowski’s analysis of the deal ran counter to most of the basketball media’s, which held that Gay was an inefficient player and trading him away would be a classic addition by subtraction maneuver. They were of course right, as the Grizzlies had their best season ever following the trade, and Gay only lasted 51 games in Toronto before he was traded yet again.

There does seem to be real animosity between Wojnarowski and ESPN’s reporters. During the 2011 NBA Finals, the entire basketball media was in Dallas to report on it. After one of the games Hollinger was driving out of the parking lot in his rental car. As he got close to Wojnarowski, Spears, and Yahoo Sports NBA editor Johnny Ludden, Hollinger rolled down his window and joked, “Oh man, I could’ve taken out the whole Yahoo operation!” As he began to drive away, Wojnarowski yelled after him, “And we’d still kick your *** from the grave!” (When asked to comment, Hollinger said tersely, “I don’t remember that” and hung up on me.)

I've always thought that Wojnarowski is a really irresponsible journalist and a terrible human being. I remember once reading an article he wrote about JR Smith and feeling almost sick - it was pure, malicious vermin on a page. He was slandering a man barely knew, or perhaps hadn't even met. The general reaction to the article was basically "lol, Woj is ruthless! Don't mess with his Wojiness, lol!" My reaction was "wow, this guy is a psychopath."

It bothers me that a man so unprofessional, so manipulative, so vindictive, so unsympathetic, and so hateful has made it so far in life and is revered by so many people. But unfortunately that's often how our world works. Especially in the bass-ackwards world of journalism.

I suppose we'll have to get used to his petty little jabs at the Grizzlies every time we do something newsworthy. Anyone remember how we "failed" to extend a qualifying offer to Ed Davis?

Whatever, give me Stein all day.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/120572/adrian-wojnarowski-how-basketballs-reporting-machine-gets-his-scoops Here's a long-time-coming article that exposes the smug, egotistical jerk Adrian Wojnarowski, and his unprofessional (borderline psychopathic, if you ask me) reporting style. It also explains why every article he writes about the Grizzlies has a heavily negative complexion - it stems from his hatred for ESPN, where we all know John Hollinger was previously employed: I've always thought that Wojnarowski is a really irresponsible journalist and a terrible human being. I remember once reading an article he wrote about JR Smith and feeling almost sick - it was pure, malicious vermin on a page. He was slandering a man barely knew, or perhaps hadn't even met. The general reaction to the article was basically "lol, Woj is ruthless! Don't mess with his Wojiness, lol!" My reaction was "wow, this guy is a psychopath." It bothers me that a man so unprofessional, so manipulative, so vindictive, so unsympathetic, and so hateful has made it so far in life and is revered by so many people. But unfortunately that's often how our world works. Especially in the bass-ackwards world of journalism. I suppose we'll have to get used to his petty little jabs at the Grizzlies every time we do something newsworthy. Anyone remember how we "failed" to extend a qualifying offer to Ed Davis? Whatever, give me Stein all day.

coach thorpe is the man.

It bothers me that a man so unprofessional, so manipulative, so vindictive, so unsympathetic, and so hateful has made it so far in life and is revered by so many people.

The article has a quote by Ethan Sherwood Strauss that touches on something very important regarding online news.

Insiders should prove their status with a hefty helping of named sources. I give leeway to those with impeccable track records, but Adrian just whiffed on a big one

When Stein or Spears say something citing league sources, they have enough accumulated credit from other straight-quoted stories that I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. When someone like Woj does, it can mean anything from "someone leaked it to me for whatever ulterior motive" to "this suits my own purposes" regardless of its actual veracity.

http://www.newrepubl...gets-his-scoops

Here's a long-time-coming article that exposes the smug, egotistical jerk Adrian Wojnarowski, and his unprofessional (borderline psychopathic, if you ask me) reporting style.

It also explains why every article he writes about the Grizzlies has a heavily negative complexion - it stems from his hatred for ESPN, where we all know John Hollinger was previously employed:

I've always thought that Wojnarowski is a really irresponsible journalist and a terrible human being. I remember once reading an article he wrote about JR Smith and feeling almost sick - it was pure, malicious vermin on a page. He was slandering a man barely knew, or perhaps hadn't even met. The general reaction to the article was basically "lol, Woj is ruthless! Don't mess with his Wojiness, lol!" My reaction was "wow, this guy is a psychopath."

It bothers me that a man so unprofessional, so manipulative, so vindictive, so unsympathetic, and so hateful has made it so far in life and is revered by so many people. But unfortunately that's often how our world works. Especially in the bass-ackwards world of journalism.

I suppose we'll have to get used to his petty little jabs at the Grizzlies every time we do something newsworthy. Anyone remember how we "failed" to extend a qualifying offer to Ed Davis?

Whatever, give me Stein all day.

Woj used to like the Grizzlies, much like Chad Ford in the Jerry West days. But one of the things Chris Wallace was tasked with doing when he was brought in was closing the media leaks. And he did that very well. The tone of Woj's Grizzlies articles changed mid-season a few years back, after he "broke" some things that ended up happening exactly opposite of how he said they would. A few staffers in the Grizzly Front Office were released at about the same time. I think Wallace plugged a leak (much like the League did with Joe Dumars as mentioned in the article), and Woj has done hatchet jobs ever since. Hiring Hollinger has just taken it to a higher level.

for anyone who thinks the current losing streak is nothing to worry about, please take a look at this. There are trends with the Grizzlies that need to be reversed. Check it out.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/grizzlies/peter-edmistons-numbers-game-looking-the-griz-losing-streak-in-grisly-detail

Very interesting and sobering numbers.

A little history.