Sign in to follow this  
Well_Pete

Grizz Bring Beasley In On Non-Guaranteed Camp Deal

Timmy_D    0

Great signing. No risk all reward signing just like the Earl Clark signing. This is going to be a fun training camp. So much talent on this squad it's crazy. And for people acting like he's a total bust he put up really good numbers for the T-Wolves. He is a total knucklehead but guys can grow out of that and a vet team like the Grizz might be able to keep him in-line. Could be a huge get or nothing at all. Just love the front office making moves like this, its what you have to do in a small market.

Dwash    0
Great signing. No risk all reward signing just like the Earl Clark signing. This is going to be a fun training camp. So much talent on this squad it's crazy. And for people acting like he's a total bust he put up really good numbers for the T-Wolves. He is a total knucklehead but guys can grow out of that and a vet team like the Grizz might be able to keep him in-line. Could be a huge get or nothing at all. Just love the front office making moves like this, its what you have to do in a small market.

He puts up numbers in a lot of places, but he is constantly moved because he has the basketball IQ of a peanut.

Anyway, can't hurt, but I am more excited about Clark.

you can tell Wallace is back in charge because all the training camp guys are athletic fools that were highly recruited out of high school who don't know how to play basketball

you can tell Wallace is back in charge because all the training camp guys are athletic fools that were highly recruited out of high school who don't know how to play basketball
the knock on beasley has never been if he is good enough....it been his ability to focus...if he has a z-bo like mental turnaround...then i think we have our sf rotations fixed

conley,udrih,calathes

lee,carter,adams

allen,beasley,clark

randolph,stokes,luer

gasol,koufos,whiteside

best case scenario imo :we start the season with

conley,udrih,calathes (-13 games)

lee,carter,pondexter

allen,prince,beasley

randolph,luer

gasol,koufos

pakage pondexter and prince to boston for jeff green...while adams and stokes get their feet wet in the d-league until after the trade...then end the rest of the season with

conley,calathes,udrih

lee,carter,adams

allen,green,beasley

randolph,stokes,luer

gasol,koufos

if thats not a WCF team or Finals team...then we will never be...if that trade goes down...we go from sf being our weakest position...to our most versatile...top notch defense (allen/green)...scoring (green/beasley)...imo we would have the talent to wear down the 2 best sf in the league (durant/james?) in a 7 game series

Ndq0327    0

the knock on beasley has never been if he is good enough....it been his ability to focus...if he has a z-bo like mental turnaround...then i think we have our sf rotations fixed

conley,udrih,calathes

lee,carter,adams

allen,beasley,clark

randolph,stokes,luer

gasol,koufos,whiteside

best case scenario imo :we start the season with

conley,udrih,calathes (-13 games)

lee,carter,pondexter

allen,prince,beasley

randolph,luer

gasol,koufos

pakage pondexter and prince to boston for jeff green...while adams and stokes get their feet wet in the d-league until after the trade...then end the rest of the season with

conley,calathes,udrih

lee,carter,adams

allen,green,beasley

randolph,stokes,luer

gasol,koufos

if thats not a WCF team or Finals team...then we will never be...if that trade goes down...we go from sf being our weakest position...to our most versatile...top notch defense (allen/green)...scoring (green/beasley)...imo we would have the talent to wear down the 2 best sf in the league (durant/james?) in a 7 game series

Two things the Grizz aren't interested in Green all that much, and if it's as simple as trading Q and Prince for home we likely could have done that already.

Ndq0327    0

The Grizz are looking for another JJ type move having both Clark and B-Easy leads me to believe that. Hopefully if one or both of them proves worthy then we agree to a buyout with Prince. We can't stretch home the deadline has passed so we either trade or buy him out.

With either Beasley or Clark being a productive player off the roster there is no reason for Prince to ever play. So let's hope one of these two can make the big turnaround and get their career's back on track.

Ndq0327    0

His offensive efficiency/shot selection in Miami was good. He's going to add some much needed zing into the offense. If he turns out to be the Next Great Reclamation Project after ZBo then good. I like this move.

He could also be zbo's replacement or we plug him at SF

Ndq0327    0

http://youtu.be/v2Ohkp9tSgA

His 2013 -2014 highlight reel. We've always mentioned Beasley in our wish list of guys to give a chance. But it was always more of an afterthought because of his knuckle head status but if our vets can get to him he could be another miracle signing like JJ was.

BHZMAFIA    0

He puts up numbers in a lot of places, but he is constantly moved because he has the basketball IQ of a peanut.

Anyway, can't hurt, but I am more excited about Clark.

I understand what you're saying, but that doesn't mean a player can't gain value. We just saw it happen with James Johnson and he also had a low bball IQ. Once he start taking the game more serious, he ended up showing value.

pjoe    0

Memphis ... a great place to revive a career. Good luck to you Mr. Beasley. We know you can score ... so better get with it on defense and on the boards.

I always wanted his teammate Bill Walker. Beasly obviously the more talented from KSU.

At best he helps us win games. At worst he hurts Stokes development.

The rest I had to say was said by Ndq0327 above.

The Grizz are looking for another JJ type move having both Clark and B-Easy leads me to believe that. Hopefully if one or both of them proves worthy then we agree to a buyout with Prince. We can't stretch home the deadline has passed so we either trade or buy him out. With either Beasley or Clark being a productive player off the roster there is no reason for Prince to ever play. So let's hope one of these two can make the big turnaround and get their career's back on track.

Exactly. I am completely fine with Qpon + Clark + Beas competition for SF minutes this training camp. At this point i just wish we would buyout Prince and let him ride into the sunset.

rc0213    0

I hope he makes it, and he and Vince have a major impact. This year, I hope the Grizzlies' whole bench plays. We need everyone to have some game time before the playoffs to learn to gel together.

GamesOut    0

2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances already used up. Before someone comes here and mentions that 99% of players smoke it, that doesn't matter. At least smoke it and enjoy a career, not smoke it and destroy a career.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Beasley

"On September 18, 2008, Beasley was fined $50,000 by the league for his involvement in the incident after Pat Riley forced him to confess to league officials that he had slipped out the door when the police arrived"

"On August 24, 2009, Beasley reportedly checked into a Houston rehab center, just days after he posted pictures of himself on his Twitter page with what some have speculated to be marijuana in the background."

"On June 26, 2011, Beasley was driving in the Minneapolis suburb of Minnetonka when he was pulled over by a policeman for speeding. The policeman noticed that the car smelled of a strong odor of marijuana. The officer allegedly found marijuana in a plastic bag under the front passenger seat. However, Beasley said the marijuana was not his, but belonged to a friend whom he had just dropped off. Beasley was consequently fined and ticketed."

"In August of 2011 Beasley was on a NYC streetball tour with good friend and all-star Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant when he got into an altercation with a heckler, shoving a hand in his face"

"On August 6, 2013, Beasley was arrested on suspicion of marijuana possession in Scottsdale, Arizona. According to police reports, narcotics were confiscated from Beasley's car after he was stopped for a traffic violation."