Sign in to follow this  
Well_Pete

Grizz Bring Beasley In On Non-Guaranteed Camp Deal

BHZMAFIA    0

Its funny how people think TA and Zbo are the ones that will help discipline troubled players. Honestly, they are the last ones I would want to discipline anybody. This is actually where guys like Tayshaun Prince come into play to help along with Gasol, VC (use to Miller), Conley, etc. Hollins was great being a coach to discipline his players, which is something that i considered an asset and why I think Zbo and TA are who they are today.

Until I see what happens to Prince, its really hard to see what this signing means. With such an overload at the guard/ forward spot, I just can't see an opportunity for Beasley. Its already hard envisioning an opportunity for Adams. I don't see Beasley jumping ahead of Leuer as backup PF because I think Leuer brings exactly what we need at that position as a pick n pop threat. If we are going by last year's depth chart (with VC replacing Miller, we are virtually looking at):

Lee / Allen / Adams

Prince / Carter / Pondexter / Beasley or Clark

Timmy_D    0
Looks like Leuer is the odd man out.

Not really. It's unlikely Beasley or Clark make the final roster

Ndq0327    0

Beasly is the most talented young player on the roster if he has his head in the game and Joerger doesn't show any bias in his lineups Beasley can easily get minutes over Leuer and Zombie Prince. It all depends on whether or not he has humvled himself and matured. Also Joerger will play a huge role he has to be willing to take the risk and let him play. We cant have another JJ situation where the trust was never really there.

I dont want to see prince play one minute this season we have too many people that are better than him there is no place for his game on this roster.

lsugrizzfan    0

Beasley could be the best player on this team. Sadly, I do not even think he will make the roster. He is a knucklehead through and through. Even though we never heard anything bad out of Miami, by the end of the year, he never played. If he can't figure it out with LeBron, he will never figure it out.

On a my own soapbox, I wish people on this board would stop thinking anyone who has ever made a three pointer should be our next starting SF. Beasley is a PF. Thad Young is a PF. Jeff Green is a SF/PF who is awful as a SF and above average as a PF. This drives me insane. These guys are not the answer at SF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Dork    0

On a my own soapbox, I wish people on this board would stop thinking anyone who has ever made a three pointer should be our next starting SF. Beasley is a PF. Thad Young is a PF. Jeff Green is a SF/PF who is awful as a SF and above average as a PF. This drives me insane. These guys are not the answer at SF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of those dudes are better than Tayshaun.

Again, people keep pretending that Beasley being a "kuncklehead" is the only thing wrong with him. His inability to guard anyone, his inability to have good shot selection, his inability to score effectively, his inability to drive to the basket, his inability to dribble the ball, his inability to have court vision better than Ray Charles, his inability to post up small forwards and his inability to drive past power forwards are all huge problems with his actual basketball game. If Beasley wasn't a knucklehead, he would still be garbage

Father Pat    0
Again, people keep pretending that Beasley being a "kuncklehead" is the only thing wrong with him. His inability to guard anyone, his inability to have good shot selection, his inability to score effectively, his inability to drive to the basket, his inability to dribble the ball, his inability to have court vision better than Ray Charles, his inability to post up small forwards and his inability to drive past power forwards are all huge problems with his actual basketball game. If Beasley wasn't a knucklehead, he would still be garbage
Hold on there. This guy gives the best knee massages in the NBA, and he has shown the uncanny ability to punch himself to the head so hard that he needs medical assistance.

Guys like that are hard to find in todays NBA.

King Dork    0

Dude you hate everyone.

I guess this means you are not a proponent of the Michael Beasley signing. :blink:

Go Grizz!!

fanboyslim    0
Hold on there. This guy gives the best knee massages in the NBA, and he has shown the uncanny ability to punch himself to the head so hard that he needs medical assistance. Guys like that are hard to find in todays NBA.

GIF-Wrong-Knee.gif

10213793835_b60f698826_o.gif

TimBC    0
you can tell Wallace is back in charge because all the training camp guys are athletic fools that were highly recruited out of high school who don't know how to play basketball

Milestone day: IIWII posted something I agree with.

trayhezy    0

I dont see why anyone would have a problem with this signing.....if it doesnt go right just dump him.

Very low risk, high reward proposition.

I like Beasley's offense, his defense sucks and I have seen more bball IQ on a water bottle.

Having said that, we are talking about a deep bench guy. If he pans out, play him. If he flops, cut ties and you lose nothing.

Dwash    0
I understand what you're saying, but that doesn't mean a player can't gain value. We just saw it happen with James Johnson and he also had a low bball IQ. Once he start taking the game more serious, he ended up showing value.

People say JJ has a low basketball IQ, but I can't put him in the same category. IMO, he was just too energetic at times, tried more than he was capable of and not really suited for the Grizzlies half court basketball. But he could make an impact on the game in many ways. That takes basketball IQ, even if it isn't the type that people normally refer too.

Beasley is an inconsistent and somewhat average one-on-one scorer who offers nothing else when he isn't "on" This is even in his best years. He is the type of player that requires you to build your offense around him in order to get anything out of him, but he isn't nearly good enough to have an offense built around him.

He is the forward version of Tyreke Evans or Jerryd Bayless. Guys like may have "talent" but their games need to be totally rebuilt in order to have a role on a winning team.

Easily the most talented player on the roster now. If he can get it together mentally....and thats a BIG "IF" this will be the best transaction since aquiring Z-Bo.

Well_Pete    0
Easily the most talented player on the roster now. If he can get it together mentally....and thats a BIG "IF" this will be the best transaction since aquiring Z-Bo.

more talent than Marc?

Ofcourse everybody in the league would like for this Beasley pick up to fail...but as a Grizzlies fan, how I would love to stick it to the other teams and make it another "Knucklehead signing to a career turnaround story". One can only hope right! Go Grizzlies!!!!