Sign in to follow this  
Xerion

Jerryd Bayless Appreciation Thread

Would anybody be surprised if Chris Wallace re-joined the C's? I know he's done some mistakes, but he also drafted Paul Pierce and he's surely capable of building a team. With his role decreased in Memphis, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as Boston GM.

When jerryd gets FA, he needs to run as fast as he can away from the celtics

since you say the Celtics are so bad you'd think Bayless would be putting up better numbers there, but no, same as he was with Memphis, just goes to show this guy just wasn't a good player.

since you say the Celtics are so bad you'd think Bayless would be putting up better numbers there, but no, same as he was with Memphis, just goes to show this guy just wasn't a good player.

That's not a very appreciative comment.

Perhaps it is time to let this thread die and put any further comments about JB in the NBA talk section.

Just a suggestion.

NBA players play better when they are on a better team. You should know that better than anyone, look at Courtney Lee.

NBA players play better when they are on a better team. You should know that better than anyone, look at Courtney Lee.

I said better numbers, not playing better.

better numbers =/= better play

That's not a very appreciative comment.

Perhaps it is time to let this thread die and put any further comments about JB in the NBA talk section.

Just a suggestion.

And a good one. Bayless is no longer relevant or deserving to be in this section ofthe board.

And a good one. Bayless is no longer relevant or deserving to be in this section ofthe board.
He might not be relevant here any more but he is in Boston. He's no. 2 in assists for the them & with another week of starting, & he'll be in the top 5 of the team in scoring. I guess he just likes that parquet floor.

he's a solid player. The Celtics might be tanking but Brad Stephens isn't just throwing guys out there and saying, "go have fun". There is a very structured system that they are trying to establish for long term. I know their record shows mostly an inferior product but they believe in his direction. so a guy like Bayless isn't going to just step in and takeover and average 20/10. He's going to play his "role". Bayless is a decent role player. That's all to conclude from this IMO. He's a good professional basketball player. If you can land him for a decent contract, he's going to really help your team out - like he did in Memphis. LIke he's going to do somewhere else next year.

JBay ... :(

In case any of you are WONDERING, I'm going to post Bayless's stats since January 29.

He was traded early January, the sixth if I remember correctly, so... Taking into account adjustment and getting the feel of the team... I've decided to post his stats now.

Taking into account how well he played in preseason (avg like 13 ppg, 40% on 3P%, etc) then the injury by Leuer falling into his leg, the missed games and many games after where he struggled. I still contribute the injury to that. Dude was forced to come back way too early because we were losing so bad. Well, then that probably didn't help, he struggled more and as he was avg double figures and getting his feet back under him he's traded.

Has to adjust again... Now here we are in April :) here are his averages since January.

Rebounds 2.4

Minutes. 26

assists 3.3

FG. 42%

3P. 42%

PPG. 14

So there's that. Funny thing is, he scores a lot of his points in the 4th Quarter. But Rondo says he likes how he doesn't have to make plays for bayless often, that Bayless just makes plays for himself. Guess it's a load off his back.

I'm happy I just still wish it wasn't on this sucky team though. I miss watching him on the Grizz, but he has more opportunities here. It appears that he's allowed to be more free and do what he wants. He'll always try to get everyone else going first but after that, he takes over and it's fun to watch! Watching Boston in general is painful. Pure jump shooting team.

I'm sure you all miss the jerryd bayless talk lol so I decided to provide it here :)