Sign in to follow this  
Xerion

Jerryd Bayless Appreciation Thread

Thank you Jerryd for the contributions to the team. Also thanks for loving the fans and the city of Memphis. You're a great person and we wish you all the best in the future.

460x.jpg

I will miss Jerryd personally. He was a great citizen and represented the team with a fire lacking from many players. Good luck with your career and hopefully we won't have to face you and your scowl too often.

jerryd.jpg

Jerryd, keep the faith, you will find THAT team & will take off like a rocket!

& for those who are celibrating now, be carful what you wish for because you just might find it!!

As I see it, right now, Tay will be playing PG some because Calathes is onle capable of playing spot mins.(if that) & MC can't play 48 mins. every game.

My wife is broken hearted. Just kidding, kind of.

I enjoyed watching you play man, good luck out there.

Well before he came to Memphis he was known as a "Grizz Killer" guess we can call him that again.

Come back and March JB and destroy us. Drop 29 points on us like you did before you came here. The only day I'll be okay with our team losing. Nothing like a good ole revenge game.

This sucks. Rob said nothing is official but that he didn't show up at practice today... Probably packing to leave... Don't worry JBay, you'll find your place sooner or later.

Selfishly, I wanted him to stay on my favorite team but looking at the broader picture... This is an inside out team. Zbo and Gasol get the most touches, but Bayless will flourish more in a system that is more of a "jump shooting" team. We let go Vasquez, Mayo, all the point guards and they go on and become way better than they were on Memphis. I'm hoping history repeats itself here.

So, guess ill have to be watching Grizzlies AND Celtics games for now on. Get mad, get hungry Bayless. I love this Micheal Jordan qoute, seems good here: "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed"

Here are some videos to reminiscent over. Sorry that after opting in, wanting to find a home they turn around and trade you to the suckiest team on Earth.

http://youtu.be/05wnyxgF2no

I hope he absolutely dominates Crawford and gets so hot for the rest of the year that he ends up being a f'ing starter.

I ain't saying bye LOLS cuz imma still be watching him every night he plays! Just gunna miss seeing the Jerryd flag in front of the FedEx Forum and what not and the Mike Conley/ JB alley oops. He'll always be the player that made me a Grizzlies fan and a fan of basketball. I'll continue to follow his career wherever it leads him, and hope that he reaches his full potential on a different team.

@jerrydbayless: The CITY of Memphis will always have a special place with me. There are relationships here that I will cherish forever! Time to move on.. JB

Most memorable play he was apart of was vs Miami. He turn the ball over, blocked Ray Allen, and all led to wide open 3. He won me over with that determination. Not a bad guy, but he hasn't played well at all this year until last weeks or so.

Good Luck JB.

The game I'll remember is the OKC game 03/20/2013 when he pulled us out of the fire in the final minute where we were down by about 7 and had to play the foul game and he managed to hit the big shot and free throws. They could hear me screaming in my house from down the road. I'll have to look up the stats of the game

Good Luck JB.

The game I'll remember is the OKC game 03/20/2013 when he pulled us out of the fire in the final minute where we were down by about 7 and had to play the foul game and he managed to hit the big shot and free throws. They could hear me screaming in my house from down the road. I'll have to look up the stats of the game

I hope we still have someone who has the irrational confidence that he had that allowed him to make big shots when we needed it.

Well before he came to Memphis he was known as a "Grizz Killer" guess we can call him that again. Come back and March JB and destroy us. Drop 29 points on us like you did before you came here. The only day I'll be okay with our team losing. Nothing like a good ole revenge game. This sucks. Rob said nothing is official but that he didn't show up at practice today... Probably packing to leave... Don't worry JBay, you'll find your place sooner or later. Selfishly, I wanted him to stay on my favorite team but looking at the broader picture... This is an inside out team. Zbo and Gasol get the most touches, but Bayless will flourish more in a system that is more of a "jump shooting" team. We let go Vasquez, Mayo, all the point guards and they go on and become way better than they were on Memphis. I'm hoping history repeats itself here. So, guess ill have to be watching Grizzlies AND Celtics games for now on. Get mad, get hungry Bayless. I love this Micheal Jordan qoute, seems good here: "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed" Here are some videos to reminiscent over. Sorry that after opting in, wanting to find a home they turn around and trade you to the suckiest team on Earth. http://youtu.be/05wnyxgF2no
I hope he absolutely dominates Crawford and gets so hot for the rest of the year that he ends up being a f'ing starter. I ain't saying bye LOLS cuz imma still be watching him every night he plays! Just gunna miss seeing the Jerryd flag in front of the FedEx Forum and what not and the Mike Conley/ JB alley oops. He'll always be the player that made me a Grizzlies fan and a fan of basketball. I'll continue to follow his career wherever it leads him, and hope that he reaches his full potential on a different team. @jerrydbayless: The CITY of Memphis will always have a special place with me. There are relationships here that I will cherish forever! Time to move on.. JB

I love your enthusiasm always. And thanks for the MJ quote and Youtube vids. But really? You want JBay to score 29 on us and beat us?

We need less player fans here I'm afraid. Go Grizz.

As for JBay, you will be missed.

I hope we still have someone who has the irrational confidence that he had that allowed him to make big shots when we needed it.
Well in regard to that game, I know Marc was the hero but you cant deny what JB did in that game and we would have lost it if it wasn't for the last minute plays he pulled off. That's why I remember that game. And Westbrook was playing for all those who tried to lower the significance of our 2nd rnd playoff victory last season.......

Good luck JB!

Definitely won us a lot of games and brought swagger that this team was sorely missing after the Rudy trade.

I agree with many on here that he will eventually find a home. I just don't think it was here with the Grizzlies right now.

I love your enthusiasm always. And thanks for the MJ quote and Youtube vids. But really? You want JBay to score 29 on us and beat us?

We need less player fans here I'm afraid. Go Grizz.

As for JBay, you will be missed.

Yeah! I love a good revenge game. I kind of like "in your face, you shouldn't have traded me" game. Lol we can lose to JB's revenge game. It's not really that big of a deal. If it's the difference between playoffs and getting kicked out then no to a revenge game

However you felt about him, you can certainly say he fit the GnG mold. So it's a bummer to have to say goodbye for that reason alone. Hope you have a long and prosperous career, JB!

I'm writing an article on him now. It's soooo hard to do.

I don't wish this upon anyone. Word of advice, a lot of people I know have favorite players who are on other teams like Heat, Lakers, Bulls, OKC. It is really a blessing when your favorite player is on your cities team.

So for the people who's favorite players are Zbo, Gasol, Conley, Allen... Don't go a second and take it for granted. It's is a great thing when your favorite NBA player is on your favorite team, a team close to your home too. I took mine for granted. I wish I would have known in the Pistons game, I would have reacted a bit different seeing him come to the scorers table in a Grizzlies Jersey.

I didn't know when it would happen, even though a tiny gut feeling said it would. It hurts, you can't prepare for it (I tried). You really do grow to love the team and each individual player. So appreciate every time you see your favorite player (allen, Zbo, gasol, Conley) steps on the floor with a Memphis Grizzlies Jersey because you never know the day you won't. I took having Bayless on the team for granted, I wish I could go back and really appreciate each and every game. I feel for the Rudy fans. He was many peoples favorites, and even though the trade helped the team, I'm sure it hurt a lot of hearts because people really do love the players.

Idk if y'all get sentimental like that. My mom was a huge Rudy fan. When he was traded she was hurt to the point where she doesn't watch basketball anymore, not even Rudy! She says she can't watch him because it's not the same.

I also see some fans on twitter who are ginormous Zach Randolph and Tony Allen fans. It really scares me how they would react if they left especially since it's a possibility. I don't want anyone to feel the hurt I feel over JBay leaving. I know it's a business, but it becomes like a family between these guys. They are with eachother every day. Bayless has even said. It's different here. He said on most teams its businessy, but here he said it was like a family and everyone truly enjoyed eachothers company. Really guys just don't take any of these players for granted ever. EVER. One hour they'll by there, the next day they could be gone. That's not just for Grizz but for anything. This kind of went off topic but I just feel like I had to tell yah. And for the big Zbo fans, I really really hope he stays. Not only for the team, but also for the fans. I don't want anyone to go through that kind of heartbreak. You really don't know what you have till it's gone.

I wish JB all the best, he's a great guy and hope for him to be happy in Boston, but I gotta admit I'm happy he's off the Grizzlies.

I wish JB all the best, he's a great guy and hope for him to be happy in Boston, but I gotta admit I'm happy he's off the Grizzlies.

I really hope Zbo never leaves- specifically for you. Would you continue to watch him if he left?