Sign in to follow this  
MEMPHIS #1 ALL TIME FAN !

Rudy Who ?

41 points on 24 shots so far today for Gay, think it was a bit premature to call JJ better than him

Yeah but last game he had 6 points on 7 attempts in 27 minutes, was -19 and ejected in the 4th quarter. Excellent game for him tonight and he has had some other pretty good games, but he has been bad too. I'm glad to see him doing pretty well, but the problem is that it is impossible to compare a player's true performance ability in going from a playoff team to a scrub team. He's not going to get team's best efforts most nights and few of the minutes that he plays will be "meaningful minutes," which makes it easier to perform because there is less pressure on him, but still entertaining I guess.

I really don't get it.

Now, when he was playing bad in Toronto, what was the reason for his poor play? Why wasn't he playing well in Toronto since it was on a worse team? It seems to me people go out of their way to discredit a player that's not on the team anymore just to make themselves feel better about it. So, we might as well discredit the play of any player that's not on a playoff team because team's tend to not give their best effort against them? In that case, we might as well say the same thing about our own team because we were pretty bad early on. Do you think teams were giving their best efforts against us? Those good games from Conley and ZBO should be thrown out the window since the team was bad.

See how silly that sounds? People were making the same argument about Ed Davis playing well on a bad team and not being as good on a better team. See how silly it looks now? If a player is doing well in this league, its not because teams are taking it easy on him or the team night in and night out. That's just a slap in the face to the player itself. I guess since James Harden went from one of the best teams in the league to an 8th seed playoff team with less offensive options meant that teams were taking it easy on him.

I'm sorry newskool. This is not a personal attack at you, but it amazes me how some people discredit ball players in this league. The silly thing about it is that Rudy was playing better on an elite team in comparison to a team like Toronto. So, I really don't understand the reason for that comment.

channeling my inner "Kels" ..." the problem with Rudy was never his talent ... the questions that beg answers are How's his heart ? How's his head ? "

He has always had the tools ... he just picks and chooses when to use them ...

I actually view Rudy kind like I'd view an ex girlfriend ... (not the CRAZY ex - they still get the aaarrrggghhs ;))

lots of good memories ... things just didn't click ... we went our separate ways ... always wish 'em well ... never want to see them down ... kinda hurts to see 'em do better without me ... love to see things finally click for 'em though ... it is what it is ... not what it WAS.

Go Get 'Em Rudy

-toke

You guys should check out the stats of today's Kings/Thunder game. It further kills the myth that Gay defends Durant well and/or is a bad matchup for Durant. KD routinely beats the stuffing out of Rudy in their matchups

Not sure how much people really expressed that Gay defended Durant well, but more that Gay would actually make him work on defense (unlike Sam Young, Prince or Tony Allen).

But if you are going to knock Gay for Durant's 30 in the Kings game, you might also point out that in this amazing run Durant has had over the last 8 games, 30 is also the best anybody has done in guarding Durant.

In no way am I stating that Rudy was even an above average defender on KD.

hasn't this devolved into NBA Talk instead of Grizzlies Team Talk?

We're just assessing Rudy's worthiness and those like him among ourselves, not that we have any say in hiring/firing players.

Personally I would've kept Rudy, Cunningham and my boy HH even if it meant overpaying Rudy and would've only waved Speights, Bayless, reserve guards and even TA to make room in salary cap. Then I would sign 1 shooting guard and that's all.

Rudy, as a Grizz, was a minor tune-up away from being an allstar and even at his un-tuned condition he managed to produce wins.

This is his tuned condition and he has been playing very efficient lately:

gay_zps9abe1be1.jpg