Sign in to follow this  

Gotta admit I was glad to see the Cowboys not make the playoffs. My wife is a Cowboys fan and it would have been a wild afternoon if the Vikes were playing the Cowboys...

It is interesting to see that each of the home teams are underdogs this weekend:

San Diego +1

Arizona +2

Minnesota +2.5

Miami +3

BTW, who are the Patriots playing this weekend? :P So much for a Cowboys/Patriots Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

Looks like Arizona is for real, though.

I have to admit that Arizona really surprised me in their last two games exspecially tonight.They went to Carolina and flat out busted the Panthers in the mouth.

Looks like Arizona is for real, though.

I'm not quite so sure why Arizona got so little love. I figured Carolina would win a tight game, but the media didn't seem to give Arizona a snowball's chance. Looking at all of the remaining options for SB champions, I gotta say I'm hitching up to the Arizona Wagon. Good story.

The Titans had the Ravens' number this game. But, if you turn over the ball repeatedly in the red zone like they did (Alge on the Freaking 1!), it makes it a lot harder to win.

And I always considered Philly would beat NYG, but for fun, the Cards need to thrash them.

I am in full bandwagon mode for the Cards at this point. I haven't really understood how it is that Pitt gets so much love in these parts. But the Cards seem like the feel good story. If the Arizona defense shows up, Pitt might have some real issues keeping the score close. I don't see the Cardinal offense being the key to this, I think they will get their points either way. To me the question is, can their defense keep the Steelers offense from keeping it close. Not really either one of the teams I wanted to see in the big game, but given the 4 options we had, I think this is the best game we could have asked to see. Arizona's years of losing, Ken's previous ties with the Steelers organization. An old man trying to recreate the magic he used to have and solidify his spot in the Hall of Fame. Then there is the Steelers. Hard nosed defense, Tomlin carrying on after Bill without missing a beat. Ehhhhh, like I said, not the most attractive matchup, but probably the best we coulda asked for.

What a superbowl tonight. I feel like the first half was littered with calls on the Cards, some good calls and some that were rather sketchy. UGH, another Steeler Championship.

I blame the Cards D...the O had gotten the momentum, then they just ****** it away.

Dang it Titans... :angry:

I blame the Cards D...the O had gotten the momentum, then they just ****** it away.

They did have quite a swing of momentum. I'm still not sure how Holmes gets that catch with 3 Cards right there by him. The Titans completely disappeared by the end of the season.

The D gave the O the momentum with those stops at the goal line though.

True. But then they were a sieve on the final drive.

They had been all over Ben for much of the 4th quarter. Didn't seem to get near him on that last drive. Coulda been tired? Or coulda choked. The Zona defense wasn't exactly the most consistent group this year.

I really don't know how much of the blame I would put on the defense. I think part of the problem for the Cards is that they were way too conservative offensively in the 3rd. I figure the first half was filled with nerves, but the 3rd was just not good to watch.

They had been all over Ben for much of the 4th quarter. Didn't seem to get near him on that last drive. Coulda been tired? Or coulda choked. The Zona defense wasn't exactly the most consistent group this year.

I really don't know how much of the blame I would put on the defense. I think part of the problem for the Cards is that they were way too conservative offensively in the 3rd. I figure the first half was filled with nerves, but the 3rd was just not good to watch.

Point to you, Sweetness.

However, it's hard to blame them for being conservative in the 3rd, with the way the 2nd ended.

But I agree, that might have cost them a few points.

However, it's hard to blame them for being conservative in the 3rd, with the way the 2nd ended.

No kidding. I needed a TD to win the half combined point total for our pool. I figured I had it with Zona, cringed at the pick, then yelled my tail off for Harrison to make it 100 yds. Unreal!

yall think this warm weather in february means real bad things for august ?

weather in memphis is always bi-polar because of that big a$$ river next to us. it might snow over the weekend? wtf?