Sign in to follow this  
Memphis Maverick

Heat Vs Spurs

I've been saying Spurs in 7 from the start but I hoped I'd be wrong as the series went on I wanted Spurs in 5 or 6.. :(

Now this was really painful to see the Heat come out on top in overtime. The Grizzlies should be having nightmares after seeing the Heat do what THEY COULD NOT DO. Shame on the Grizzlies.

ratings were down 12% I read. Sad to say I actually had a dream the other night that the Grizz and Pacers were actually in the Finals instead and they decided not put it on TV. The NHL games are like Pay per View up here - no one has the NBCSports network so the bars are totally packed for every NHL playoff game. I haven't even seen one person interested in the NBA finals this year!

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/06/19/abc-game-6-tv-ratings-espn/index.html?rss=true

Guess everyone waited til game 6 to start watching! went from 12% down to 4th highest rated game ever. theory2: everyone wanted to see Lebrandon James get eliminated again?

I've been saying Spurs in 7 from the start but I hoped I'd be wrong as the series went on I wanted Spurs in 5 or 6.. :(/> Now this was really painful to see the Heat come out on top in overtime. The Grizzlies should be having nightmares after seeing the Heat do what THEY COULD NOT DO. Shame on the Grizzlies.

Really, dude? Getting mad at Grizz for not having enough Lebron James on their team? What the hell?

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/06/19/abc-game-6-tv-ratings-espn/index.html?rss=true Guess everyone waited til game 6 to start watching! went from 12% down to 4th highest rated game ever. theory2: everyone wanted to see Lebrandon James get eliminated again?

This:

Richard Deitsch@richarddeitsch4h

Top-rated TV markets for Game 6: 1. SA; 2. MIA; 3. Austin; 4. West Palm; 5. Memphis; 6. Norfolk; 7. Richmond; 8. Indy, 9. Clev; 10. OKC.

Lebron has been in the league nearly 10 years ---- ONE TITLE. One guy doesn't beat the SPURS. One guy doesn't raise a banner. You can't buy a championship. I am a Memphis Grizzlies fan #1 and I don't think the Heat are better team. We'd knock them out of this championship. BUT How do we get swept by Spurs and yet Heat have split the series 3-3? Maybe LBJ has something to do with that............. I was just looking over his career numbers. Man this was his best year by quite a lot. He probably deserves a title but the team has no coach, point guard, or center - makes it quite difficult to win. I'm still scratching my head on how they beat the Bulls and Pacers... really doesn't make sense.

Closer than you thought isnt it. :)/>/>

Honestly the Spurs have completely blown my mind with how good they have been especially Leonard. Part of this was me blinded by my hatred of Tony Parker. But at the end of the day it is what I said, when you have Lebron and good perimeter shooting team to make the Spurs pay for their pack the paint strategy, you need another factor to keep up with Miami's offense. And Ginobli has just not been there for SAS to be the difference maker.

I should say that Pop deserves a Nobel mother-freaking prize for his defensive strategy. NOBODY has had their team pack the paint so aggressively and intelligently before. It KILLED the Grizz and it ALMOST beat Mia.

I have a feeling this strategy will alter NBA defenses for years to come.

I hate the Heat so much.

and the fans down in Miami didn't really deserve this team. I feel so bad for the people in Cleveland they have much better fans.

I should say that Pop deserves a Nobel mother-freaking prize for his defensive strategy. NOBODY has had their team pack the paint so aggressively and intelligently before. It KILLED the Grizz and it ALMOST beat Mia. I have a feeling this strategy will alter NBA defenses for years to come.

Your supposed Nobel mother-freaking prize candidate just got blitzed from the outside by none other than LeBron. LOL, Grizz defense is way better than the Spurs. Too bad we don't have the firepower to match both teams.

Your supposed Nobel mother-freaking prize candidate just got blitzed from the outside by none other than LeBron. LOL, Grizz defense is way better than the Spurs. Too bad we don't have the firepower to match both teams.

Dude they had game 6 and the championship in their hands against a team with better talent. The coach gave his team the best shot to win which all you can ask from a coach. The series was lost because of the ways the players executed. If you think a coach can win a series then you're have no clue how basketball works.

I think the biggest lesson here is the importance of SHOOTING and the tremendous pitfall of playing to your opponents' strengths. The Spurs lost game7 due to the Heat knocking down shots first and foremost. The Heat earned that trophy. But #2 the Spurs blew it by not playing Splitter. I heard the media bad mouthing Splitter all the time like he is a rookie or something and somehow it's like the Spurs believed it after all they've been through and what they did to Memphis and The Lakers. DeJuan Blair used to be their future prospect and now they rely on BORIS DIAW? Nesterovic, Oberto, Mcdyess.... those are players. They would have stomped out a small ball team like this.

Honestly the Spurs have completely blown my mind with how good they have been especially Leonard. Part of this was me blinded by my hatred of Tony Parker. But at the end of the day it is what I said, when you have Lebron and good perimeter shooting team to make the Spurs pay for their pack the paint strategy, you need another factor to keep up with Miami's offense. And Ginobli has just not been there for SAS to be the difference maker.
I thought they could pull it off in 6. Almost did. But that was a great 7 game series.

Dude they had game 6 and the championship in their hands against a team with better talent. The coach gave his team the best shot to win which all you can ask from a coach. The series was lost because of the ways the players executed. If you think a coach can win a series then you're have no clue how basketball works.

Did you even watch how the Spurs defended LeBron in Game 7? Popovich goaded LeBron into shooting jumpers all day. If you think Popovich gave them the best chance to win the series by not fouling in Game 6 and leaving LeBron open in Game 7, maybe you should question your basketball knowledge instead of mine.