Sign in to follow this  
Memphis Maverick

Heat Vs Spurs

Even though the Spurs swept us, I want them to win.

I don't like Lebron, Wade, or Chalmers.

Bosh is OK though.

Early on I'm liking the Heat A LOT in this matchup. The Spurs don't seem physical enough for them.

Early on I'm liking the Heat A LOT in this matchup. The Spurs don't seem physical enough for them.
They are also not crisp right now. Missing some easy shots. Duncan wont miss those 16 footers forever. I also expect better rotations on defense later in the game from San Antonio. I dont think they will win this game but they are looking ok for being off 9 straight days.

I dont dislike the Spurs. I respect them. They play beautiful ball. Almost seamless.

This right here is why I want them to win. Clown about moving screens all you want, they do it right. And for some reason they need to remind us ever now and again that they're the best/most consistent franchise since the Jordan era.

Game 1 will tell a lot.
Eh, remember the 9 day layoff. It showed the first quarter. Im a firm believer the 2nd game is more of a game to base things off of.

They are also not crisp right now. Missing some easy shots. Duncan wont miss those 16 footers forever. I also expect better rotations on defense later in the game from San Antonio. I dont think they will win this game but they are looking ok for being off 9 straight days.

Duncan will have to go to the low post more this series instead of camping out at the high post like he usually does. The Heat's big men are a lot quicker and can recover to contest midrange shots and keep him from getting to the basket off the dribble a lot better He needs to go from a finesse game to a power game, IMO, in this series.

Timmy D was abusing these guys. Same thing he did to us. If Mike is still taking notes from TP, he need to watch this series. A lot of small details that can improve his game.

Tonight is going to be a great game I think - determines winner of best of 3 and will very possibly extrapolate out to the winner of best of 7. I don't think we've seen the best from either team yet though either and this could go all 7.

Just curious but does anyone think Pat Riley is itching to take over the Heat again after this game?

I think he would rather take over the spurs.

No team I remember would have beat the spurs tonight.

Y'all feel better about the WCF yet? Me oh my. I hope they can keep it up; I've got nothing but respect for the Spurs.

If they win the series, think they'll allow themselves thump their own chests the way that the Heat do after every big play?

Well, they sure will have earned all that towel waving from Patty Mills on the bench after every big play.

Spurs in 5 would be terrific. But I just can't see the Heat folding and not getting one of the 3 in San Antonio. That would be legendary though. Then Miami turns home for game 6.. and I'm still seeing it Spurs in 7.

But yeah this series makes me feel better about the Grizzlies. A very respectful 3rd place finish ? ^_^

Does anyone actually enjoy watching 30 point blowouts in the Finals? I bet ratings will be way down this year.

Does anyone actually enjoy watching 30 point blowouts in the Finals? I bet ratings will be way down this year.

I don't think ratings will ever be down with Lebron in the finals.

ratings were down 12% I read. Sad to say I actually had a dream the other night that the Grizz and Pacers were actually in the Finals instead and they decided not put it on TV.

The NHL games are like Pay per View up here - no one has the NBCSports network so the bars are totally packed for every NHL playoff game. I haven't even seen one person interested in the NBA finals this year!

I enjoy anytime the Heat get taken to the woodshed, but that is just me...

Spurs

Be

In Trouble

Wade and LBJ ain't playing no more and are looking to score first, score second and pass when needed.