Followers 0
tangogriz

Of Mice Or Men

45 posts in this topic

Are these guys mice?

Pinky_And_The_Brain.jpg

or men?

Rosy_And_The_Brain.jpg

Today the question was answered. Rosy and TheBrain spent most of the show trying to wipe their grubby, little, mousey fingerprints off the Coach Hollins trash talk. Even a casual listener knows that these rodents have been gnawing on Hollins for years.

Today was a new mousey low. They could have stood up on their hind legs and owned up like men. But no. Butter wouldn't melt in their mouths, except when that first caller slipped past Rosy's creepy little kill switch.

Maybe someone could help me here. The caller said TheBrain was a "crook and a fraud." I have a guess but could someone tell me what this is about.

You can find the show here.

http://www.espn929.c...es/13643237.php

Um, who cares? These guys are paid to voice their opinions and make an interesting show for listeners. Even though Vernon may refer to himself as a "reporter" his #1 priority is as an ENTERTAINER (and I think he's a decent one at that). It's obvious Vernon and co. haven't been fans of Hollins this year. Its also obvious they were trying to sound completely unbiased after the fact. But so what? It obviously got you to listen so he accomplished what he wants.

Neither Hollins, nor the FO, nor the fans should take opinionitive commentary made by a radio talk show host seriously. Vernon's opinion is HIS opinion. Agree with it or don't, but don't think it's a big deal that he expressed it (which is doing his job).

Um, who cares?

Um, Me.

This line about, "What, Me? I'm just an entertainer." Has a familiar ring to it.

But you can't be talking about TheBrain. Not THEBRAIN.

the caller thought vernon was basically just saying what the front office wants him to say but if you've been listening to the show for a while you would know he has always criticized hollins even during the heisley years

Thanks, that explains the fraud part but why did he call him a crook.

Vernon is the man, everything he has said has been spot on. He is a bit of a jackass, but his opinions are on the money.

Vernon is the man, everything he has said has been spot on. He is a bit of a jackass, but his opinions are on the money.

No offense, but Gary Parrish mentioned this yesterday. Most people who listen to Vernon's show on a regular basis are going to agree with everything he says, that's part of the reason they listen. I listen occasionally but generally get fed up with his antics and turn it off. He has some good opinions here and there but no one is right 100% of the time and he flip flops.

the caller thought vernon was basically just saying what the front office wants him to say but if you've been listening to the show for a while you would know he has always criticized hollins even during the heisley years

I think he is trying to cuddle up with Levien as well. Vernon is the main negative force in this city when it comes to sports. He knows if things aren't going well and/or people are nervous/anxious about something, he can easily stir the pot by attacking Pau Gasol, Rudy Gay, Mike Conley, now Lionel Hollins. Funny how he went for years saying Conley was Hollins' son and will never be a good PG to now saying he was wrong about Conley being that the FO wants to keep Conley. He's a mouth piece for Levien and basically is trying to drum up support for Levien's decisions. Sounds like his latest attacks on Hollins may have backfired some even with his own audience.

I view him as nothing more than someone who intentionally tries to be a jerk, stir up negativity and now nothing more than a mouthpiece for Levien and Holllinger.

Vernon has been one of this biggest Hollins Haters in the city, but he's backed his arguments up with plenty of info. And Hollins never really went out of his way to make the situation any better. Didn't really understand the "Crook and fraud" part. Vernon is paid to get listeners/sponsors and he's done a pretty good job at it.

I think he is trying to cuddle up with Levien as well. Vernon is the main negative force in this city when it comes to sports. He knows if things aren't going well and/or people are nervous/anxious about something, he can easily stir the pot by attacking Pau Gasol, Rudy Gay, Mike Conley, now Lionel Hollins. Funny how he went for years saying Conley was Hollins' son and will never be a good PG to now saying he was wrong about Conley being that the FO wants to keep Conley. He's a mouth piece for Levien and basically is trying to drum up support for Levien's decisions. Sounds like his latest attacks on Hollins may have backfired some even with his own audience.

I view him as nothing more than someone who intentionally tries to be a jerk, stir up negativity and now nothing more than a mouthpiece for Levien and Holllinger.

Lol. Its a radio show man. He is a huge grizzly fan, and he is opinionated just like you. The only difference is he has a large forum and you have this board

No offense, but Gary Parrish mentioned this yesterday. Most people who listen to Vernon's show on a regular basis are going to agree with everything he says, that's part of the reason they listen. I listen occasionally but generally get fed up with his antics and turn it off. He has some good opinions here and there but no one is right 100% of the time and he flip flops.

I listen all the time but I only agree with like half the stuff he says. Like his tony Allen love fest and how he thinks tony should get 30 mins a game even in trick mode, or his supreme Rudy Gay hate. But dude backs his stuff up with #'s even if I disagree I can't hate because he's entitled to view things his own way.

Vernon deserves a lot of credit, when no one in Memphis sports talk radio was talking about The Grizzlies he was, u can hate on his opinions all u want but if u listen to him and Roser u can tell that they genually care about the Griz and Memphis which is a lot more I can say about most sports talk radio host in Memphis

I have a lot of respect for Chris Vernon and what he does, but it's pathetic how the entire fan base morphs to basically every belief he has. All you need to do is see who he's hating on next, and there will be fifteen threads popping up on here how we need to get rid of that guy. It's really sad.

Funny thing about Vernon is he is just trying to keep the ratings up. He loves to talk/argue the extremes because that it was gets people fired up, regardless of what side of the issue they are on. Parrish basically called him out on it a while back, saying something to the effect that certain local media try to take a controversial opinion on the air even when it's not their true opinion just to keep people engaged (this was brought up while Parrish was trying to explain that he always says what he thinks and doesn't try to fool people).

Vernon deserves a lot of credit, when no one in Memphis sports talk radio was talking about The Grizzlies he was, u can hate on his opinions all u want but if u listen to him and Roser u can tell that they genually care about the Griz and Memphis which is a lot more I can say about most sports talk radio host in Memphis

^This.

He does go off the rail a lot but when no one else in Memphis was talking Griz at least you could get a dose through Verno.

Funny thing about Vernon is he is just trying to keep the ratings up. He loves to talk/argue the extremes because that it was gets people fired up, regardless of what side of the issue they are on. Parrish basically called him out on it a while back, saying something to the effect that certain local media try to take a controversial opinion on the air even when it's not their true opinion just to keep people engaged (this was brought up while Parrish was trying to explain that he always says what he thinks and doesn't try to fool people).

I remember that convo and agree with your assessment here. It is entertainment after all.

Um, Me. This line about, "What, Me? I'm just an entertainer." Has a familiar ring to it. But you can't be talking about TheBrain. Not THEBRAIN.

He has been very clear that he is not a reporter nor unbiased. I think its the responsibility of the LISTENER to realize it is an opinion based show and not a news outlet.

Put me down with the who cares crew too...and beyond that their criticism is fairly accurate in terms of nuts and bolts of the issues. It sure is easy to change the dial if it bothers you so much though.

Lots of people listen to Steven A and skip bayless does anyone agree with them?

Vernon was right about moving Rudy even after the mo trade.

That's about the only time I've listened to his show.

I listen quite a bit. I think he's the best interviewer in town. He does his homework and has a game plan. Lots of radio interviewers seem to start talking until a question comes out.

Some of his routines are funny but its the unintentional stuff like trying to backtrack on bashing Hollins, that's really hilarious.

This thing about him being called a crook is strange. He promotes Tony Allen all the time. Are they in business together? Is this what the guy meant?

I agree.

Vernon is far and away the best radio guy in town. 92.9 from 11-6 is **** good radio. Sports 56 is garbage

I agree.

What sad is that a Memphis show like the Southern Sports Report hardly ever talks about the Grizzlies. I can get more Grizz talk on national radio stations than I do on the Southern Sports Report. They talk more about golf than the Grizzlies.

Vernon is far and away the best radio guy in town. 92.9 from 11-6 is **** good radio. Sports 56 is garbage

I agree.

I also can't wait for college football season so I can hear one of my favorite segments. Vinnie Verno making his picks.

I wonder if there are some people on here that still listen to 730 Yahoo Sports now that Vernon is no longer on that station?

I know that I don't.