Sign in to follow this  
grizzfan8390

Hollin's Interview On Sports56

Did anybody hear it? I missed it by about 15 minutes. Apparently he talked about the Hollinger incident and threw Jeorger under the bus... Burned some bridges. Anybody?

Hollins said he wants to coach the Grizzlies and no one else. Threw Joerger under the bus by saying Joerger was just following his defensive plans and not creating the defense himself. Said Bob Thornton not Henry Bibby was coaching the offense. Said he had no problem with the Front Office or Statistical analysis. Said Wojo got the facts wrong about his situation with Hollinger interrupting practice and made it sound worse than it was. Said he apologized to Jerryd Bayless for his blow up in the playoffs.

Basically did everything he could to build support for him remaining as coach.

Hollins said he wants to coach the Grizzlies and no one else. Threw Joerger under the bus by saying Joerger was just following his defensive plans and not creating the defense himself. Said Bob Thornton not Henry Bibby was coaching the offense. Said he had no problem with the Front Office or Statistical analysis. Said Wojo got the facts wrong about his situation with Hollinger interrupting practice and made it sound worse than it was. Said he apologized to Jerryd Bayless for his blow up in the playoffs. Basically did everything he could to build support for him remaining as coach.

Wow, this whole saga is so dramatic.

Wow, this whole saga is so dramatic.

That's what I said :lol: . It feels like we are a lottery team or something with the way our coaching situation has been. Everything has been dramatic.

Hollins said he wants to coach the Grizzlies and no one else. Threw Joerger under the bus by saying Joerger was just following his defensive plans and not creating the defense himself. Said Bob Thornton not Henry Bibby was coaching the offense. Said he had no problem with the Front Office or Statistical analysis. Said Wojo got the facts wrong about his situation with Hollinger interrupting practice and made it sound worse than it was. Said he apologized to Jerryd Bayless for his blow up in the playoffs.

Basically did everything he could to build support for him remaining as coach.

According to what I'm hearing (twitter mainly), he came off like a ****. Probably needed to work on his delivery...

Hollins said he wants to coach the Grizzlies and no one else. Threw Joerger under the bus by saying Joerger was just following his defensive plans and not creating the defense himself. Said Bob Thornton not Henry Bibby was coaching the offense. Said he had no problem with the Front Office or Statistical analysis. Said Wojo got the facts wrong about his situation with Hollinger interrupting practice and made it sound worse than it was. Said he apologized to Jerryd Bayless for his blow up in the playoffs. Basically did everything he could to build support for him remaining as coach.

I missed most of the interview but from what i was able to catch that was my take as well. FO had their minds made up when they took over Hollins wasn't going to be there "guy".

So Henry Bibby is either one of the worst offensive coaches ever or literally does nothing. Why is he on the team, because they're friends?

does any of this have to do with Barry Hecker being canned? I'm still waiting to hear what happened with that

I missed most of the interview but from what i was able to catch that was my take as well. FO had their minds made up when they took over Hollins wasn't going to be there "guy".

I don't know but they clearly had their minds made up after he called the trades "drinking champagne on a beer budget" and being outfront with criticism of the Rudy Gay trade and not playing Ed Davis.

Hollins made a good argument to just let him coach and leave him alone but the FO has jobs as well and they have the right to protect their jobs by getting a coach who will use the players they want and play the style they want. Hollins works for the front office not the other way around. He didn't sound like he agreed with that. He sees it as their job is to get him players and his job is to coach them they way he sees fit.

Hollins made a good argument to just let him coach and leave him alone but the FO has jobs as well and they have the right to protect their jobs by getting a coach who will use the players they want and play the style they want. Hollins works for the front office not the other way around. He didn't sound like he agreed with that. He sees it as their job is to get him players and his job is to coach them they way he sees fit.

That is a very good way of putting it chip. I honestly (stupidly) hadn't thought of it that way.

Do I trust the FO making these moves? Not really. However, as owners or managing partners of the team they do have that right.

If I were Pera I don't believe I would put up with Hollins' behavior or really be interested in bringing him given his track record.

It is just frustrating as a fan. It is like you can see a storm rolling into your town, but there is nothing you can do but let it pass and hope for the best.

Am I the only one getting excited about all this?

I'm nervous as can be.

Personally I would rather maintain our current level than roll the dice and potentially wind up back in the lottery or as an 8th seed while our core is in their prime.

That is a very good way of putting it chip. I honestly (stupidly) hadn't thought of it that way. Do I trust the FO making these moves? Not really. However, as owners or managing partners of the team they do have that right. If I were Pera I don't believe I would put up with Hollins' behavior or really be interested in bringing him given his track record. It is just frustrating as a fan. It is like you can see a storm rolling into your town, but there is nothing you can do but let it pass and hope for the best.

Levien is making the day to day decisions of the team not Pera. Levien traded Gay despite Hollins' unhappiness. Levien traded Speights and Ellington despite Hollins displeasure. Levien is making the decision on who is coaching the team despite Hollins unhappiness too.

Pro or con the criticism and credit will fall on Levien's shoulders not Pera's. Pera will hold Levien accountable if this all falls apart.

say whay you want about the man but hollins is a proven winner. I just want to win.

The front office just wants to win too and they believe their way will make it more likely to continue. Hollins has fought the front office since January. Not a bright move if you want a new contract with the team.

The front office just wants to win too and they believe their way will make it more likely to continue. Hollins has fought the front office since January. Not a bright move if you want a new contract with the team.

I understand that but Hollins is proven.

Its a risk to let him walk.

just listened to interview- Hollins seems stunned by all the rumors of him leaving

if the FO lets him walk- then we better be getting back to the WCF soon under the new coach.

feels like we are tearing down what we built.

It was a risk to trade Rudy, but that worked out ok. If you want to improve your franchise, you may have to take some risks along the way.

The Pau trade was ripped apart by national media. We traded an all-star for Kwame Brown and a fat guy named Marc Gasol. That turned out ok too.

just listened to interview- Hollins seems stunned by all the rumors of him leaving

if the FO lets him walk- then we better be getting back to the WCF soon under the new coach.

feels like we are tearing down what we built.

Yup. Exactly what I'm thinking.

It was a risk to trade Rudy, but that worked out ok. If you want to improve your franchise, you may have to take some risks along the way.

The Pau trade was ripped apart by national media. We traded an all-star for Kwame Brown and a fat guy named Marc Gasol. That turned out ok too.

After how many years?

Levien is making the day to day decisions of the team not Pera. Levien traded Gay despite Hollins' unhappiness. Levien traded Speights and Ellington despite Hollins displeasure. Levien is making the decision on who is coaching the team despite Hollins unhappiness too.

Pro or con the criticism and credit will fall on Levien's shoulders not Pera's. Pera will hold Levien accountable if this all falls apart.

Levien is an extension of Pera. The "hand".

After how many years?

24 wins the last year Pau was here. 24 wins the year they traded him. 40 wins the next year. Playoffs in year 3.

Don't you remember that???