Sign in to follow this  
Memphicity

2013-2014 Head Coach?

Rutgers University saw Hollins pushing Bayless and already offered him 5 mil a year.

But seriously, I expect Hollins will be back but I'd replace him with Joerger if he asks for too much or somebody else wants to "steal" him. Hollins is good but there is a big difference between good coaches and great coaches which Joerger could potentially be. Doug Collins was a very good coach, Phil Jackson turned out to be the GOAT. Or on a smaller scale, Jim O'Brien was okay but Frank Vogel has been a ton better and looks like one of the most promising coaches in the NBA

I'd assume Hollins, but he sure didnt do himself any negotiating favors with this series. It's one thing to get out-coached, it's another to look completely lost/desperate 4 games in a row.

Hollins might give the hometown team a discount, but it seems to me, that the ownership wants the Nets to throw a bunch of money at Hollins so that they can claim that they can't match and will go a new direction.

Hollins, Wallace, and Joerger all have the same agent.

By the way, I think Hollins shoving Bayless there in the closing minutes was disgraceful. I know it was just a little shove, but IMO, it's wrong for a coach to ever aggressively put his hands on a player like that. That tells little kids that its ok if your coach shoves you. Then ESPN noticed it and showed a replay which was really embarrassing.

By the way, I think Hollins shoving Bayless there in the closing minutes was disgraceful. I know it was just a little shove, but IMO, it's wrong for a coach to ever aggressively put his hands on a player like that. That tells little kids that its ok if your coach shoves you. Then ESPN noticed it and showed a replay which was really embarrassing.

but Bayless will probably opt out which gives Memphis more money to play with in free agency, good strategic move by him

I'd assume Hollins, but he sure didnt do himself any negotiating favors with this series. It's one thing to get out-coached, it's another to look completely lost/desperate 4 games in a row.

Lost and desperate serioulsy.....ya'll kill me. Ivaroni was lost Sidney Lowe was lost, Ummm Tony Barone was lost. What other bum coach have we had coaching us that didn't get us to the WCF. Lionel Hollins better be our coach next year.

Lost and desperate serioulsy.....ya'll kill me. Ivaroni was lost Sidney Lowe was lost, Ummm Tony Barone was lost. What other bum coach have we had coaching us that didn't get us to the WCF.

Lost *in this series.

I predict Lionel is gone. Joerger becomes new head coach since the players like him as does the new ownership.

Joerger ain't ready. He's a brilliant defense mind but I don't think he will have command of his team like Lionel Hollins does. They both need to stay and Lionel needs a guy to help him on offense to replace Hecker

Joerger ain't ready. He's a brilliant defense mind but I don't think he will have command of his team like Lionel Hollins does. They both need to stay and Lionel needs a guy to help him on offense to replace Hecker

I disagree.

The guys in the locker room like Joerger. He's got credibility with them because of the defense.

Furthermore, Joerger has been a buffer between Holins and the front office this season regarding lineups supported by analytics.

I think Lionel will get a big offer from the Nets or Clippers and we'll let him walk. Joerger takes over. He knows the team, the defense, the new ownership.

You all know I have had my gripes with Hollins this season. I ate a little crow in my "Fire Hollins" thread after the OKC series.

But GTG is right. LH had no clue what so ever as to what to do in this series. He was completely lost.

It took him until game 4 to put TA on Parker right away but then he went away from that and Parker scores 37.

A lot of teams are gonna be hot for Lionel. This new management has sent lukewarm messages regarding him. I think Joerger will be coaching the Grizz next year.