Sign in to follow this  
SixthMan

Grizzlies @ Thunder - 5/5/2013

Daye had nothing to do with this loss, it's on the starters, bad last minute. OKC won fair and square!

Daye wasnt a part of the second half..but playing bench guys too long and playing too many people lost Game 1 and 2 against The Clippers... I dont think that will work against the OKC KDs

YO

Losing the first game in OKC so closely is actually a good sign. It means everyone will play harder the next game and with some adjustments the second game plus the Memphis games might go to Grizz.

I think the most decisive play was the typical TO by Conley in crunch time.

He was clearly fouled but inwontnblame this loss on refs. It was missed FTs plain and simple. Not just Q at the end. We shot 58%. That's inexcusable.

He was clearly fouled but inwontnblame this loss on refs. It was missed FTs plain and simple. Not just Q at the end. We shot 58%. That's inexcusable.
I agree. Those missed free throws hurt. We have GOT to make them.

I didn't see the game because I had to work, but from looking at the box score we missed to many freethrows and we allowed Kmart to score way to many points also we can't afford to have bad 4th quarters 17 points ain't going to get it done

You know we played bad when I don't even blame this on coach. Prince was straight garbage and Conley was subpar.

Also I can't believe no one is mentioning after Marc's awful backward pass to mike, did anyone else think that was a foul on Sefolasha? I think it was. He reached in for ball but continued through and gotta ton of Mikes arm and that caused Mike to fall out of bounds.

Does anyone know TA's minutes per quarter? I swear he left in the first and didn't come back until end of fourth .

Does anyone know TA's minutes per quarter? I swear he left in the first and didn't come back until end of fourth .
After he let the Thunder score about 3 times on back door cuts he got yanked. He will be back next game with a bit more minutes. But he was having to many de deh dee moments today.

Great game, missed free throws cost us like it did game 2 in LA. That ended in the same score too. No worries i don't think anyone expects this to be anything less than a 6 game series. It took a monster game from KD and a collapse by the Grizz for the Thunder to barely win.

Are will GTG? Why so pessimist? We were clear the best team out there. We loose yeah; was stupid yeah but we can do it... special in a series. I stay with Grizzlies in 6.

we have the better team the better bench but they have the better coach and we help them when we have tony on the bench in the 4th. I feel we should win early while they are still trying to figure out how to play without Westbrook.

we lost as a team today. I hate to give up games in the playoffs I still think we win in 5 but we have to win it they won't give it to us

Sometimes it seems like TA has to screw up in a game so he can get in trouble and then focus in. He has those games he's kind of lost and then he always comes back strong. This was is not good game.

This was a choke job. Need to steal the next game. Go down 2 and 0 to the Thunder and I think the Thunder win the series.

Grizz must lead all playoff teams in losing games because of the inability to protect leads and close out 4th quarters.

Westbrook out and a 50 year old guard and they still beat us. And Shaq can shoot free throws better than the Grizz.

Losing the first game in OKC so closely is actually a good sign. It means everyone will play harder the next game and with some adjustments the second game plus the Memphis games might go to Grizz.

I agree with this one. It's hard to win on the road and Grizzlies had the game until the last couple of minutes.

No problem with this loss. We got owned against the Clippers game 1, and what came of it? Adjustments, and we started owning them. We played pretty well. Hit 1 more ft, contest 1 more 3 by Kmart, and it's into OT, where we've got a good chance.

OKC can hit more shots, but we can also contest way more. We probably have a better understanding of the real threats now. Hollins probably knows which guys to play more as well. As in, play Bayless any time Fisher isn't on the court. As in, play DA over Daye. We controlled the pace, and except for some wide open 3s, and Durant, the game was ours. Can't do anything about Durant, so you've got to do something about the wide open 3s. I expect to take Game 2, then we win the 2 at home, and it's over.

Actually the real thing that ****** me off was that nobody wanted to score in the last few minutes of the game. Gasol and Randolph passed it away too many times. Nobody wanted to close out. And yet, we were still within 1 ft of going to OT. That says great things about the rest of the series. Let OKC have their celebration, hopefully they try to do the same thing. We had no time to prepare, and now we know what to do.

Despite losing the game, I am pretty positive, no one said it would be easy…

Cheers! ;-)

I'm not sure I've ever seen a Grizzlies game thread where someone didn't try to blame our loss on the referees. I think we may have one here. I'm dumbfounded.

next time Fischer gets put in I'd like to see Hollins get some minutes in there. I know he's still got some moves and has been around the block and seen everything Fischer is going to do. you gotta love the player coaches like Fischer and Hollins going at it