Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SixthMan

Grizzlies & Magic - 2/22/2013

210 posts in this topic

Tayshaun keeps showing why he may be better used with bench unit.

He really prefers to handle the ball and pass instead of scoring. That seems like a good fit beside bayless if tony wroten isn't going to get playtime.

Go go gadget arms!!

Not a pretty game. Still, good to have the Double-Double Twins back. Magic players were very game, playing with the almost no one on the bench.

Victory-Brewing-Taste-Logo1.jpg

charlie-sheen-winning-resized-600.jpg

2625h6x.gif

For the record we have blown teams out like Detroit and Brooklyn. I thought it would be a blow out but all of the missed three pointers as missed free throws prevented that. A win is a win. I will take it. The wizards just beat the nuggets. Nice. Like seeing Davis out there dunking. Good game from Marc. I see us beating a Brooklyn team that just lost tonight. Lopez can't stop Gasol. We keep on grinding and keep on winning. Six in a row!

The most impressive moment of the entire game was the non/turnover and assist at the end of the 3rd quarter by Bayless. BREAKTHROUGH!! :lol:

There's no such thing as a bad win in my book, but if there was, this game would be the closest thing to it. :lol:/>

A win is a win though.

A very good crowd tonight at the Forum (Only 450 short of a sell out), and there's a big game tomorrow night with the Tigers hosting Southern Mississippi. That will probably also be close to a sell out. That's over 35,000 people in 2 nights going to a basketball game!

Hoop City USA, indeed ! :)/>/> And wait till the Tigers join Basketball's Big East Conference. No other city the size of Memphis rivals it when it comes to going head to head for two big hoops teams. OKC has Oklahoma football, but they play different sports and college football is over in OKC in late December. Even when OKC goes to a bowl game they don't play it in OKC.

Some people sell the city of Memphis short when they fail to realize that this a Metro area of just over a million people is supporting a MAJOR college basketball team and a. NBA franchise.

Edited by evergrizz

Such an ugly win...... was hoping to see a little Pittman....

Do you think he can contribute? I hope so. 6' 11" and 285 pounds is a lot of man. If this guy can play even half decent, Hollins needs to give him some playing time backing up Marc. He needs a legitimate shot at the back-up center position. I'm hoping he works hard in practice and convinces Coach Hollins that he doesn't need to ride the bench like Hamed did for 3 years.

Just keep him away from Memphis Bar-B-Q. :D I understand he weighed 333 pounds during his freshman year at The University of Texas.

A very good crowd tonight at the Forum (Only 450 short of a sell out), and there's a big game tomorrow night with the Tigers hosting Southern Mississippi. That will probably also be close to a sell out. That's over 35,000 people in 2 nights going to a basketball game! Hoop City USA, indeed ! :)/>/> And wait till the Tigers join Basketball's Big East Conference. No other city the size of Memphis rivals it when it comes to going head to head for two big hoops teams. OKC has Oklahoma football, but they play different sports and college football is over in OKC in late December. Even when OKC goes to a bowl game they don't play it in OKC. Some people sell the city of Memphis short when they fail to realize that this a Metro area of just over a million people are supporting a MAJOR college basketball team and a. NBA franchise.

The two closes cities I can think of is D.C. (Georgetown and the Wizards) and L.A. ( Lakers and UCLA) other than those two we are Hoop City!!!