Sign in to follow this  
The REF

No Set Plays Are Ran For Tony Allen

It's pretty amazing he get buckets and points when not a single play is ran for him. According to his post game interview. That's pretty shocking!

It's pretty amazing he get buckets and points when not a single play is ran for him. According to his post game interview. That's pretty shocking!

Why run a play for someone who already gets wide open looks and garbage buckets

Tony keeps playing like this, we're set to make a deep run in the playoffs, imo.

He's leading all nba guards in shooting % for Feb- combined w/his all league defense and hustle. a complete player lately

In Lee Eric Smith's post game interview with Tony up at 3SOB, Tony mentions he's been working with a shot doctor since last season to improve his game.

And the sky is blue,grass is green,and you're trying to say something.

fixed....unfortunately. :(/>

I'm going to have faith in this new FO to atleast do something right which is not pay Tony Allen big bucks.

What's funny is he probably wouldn't start on any other team in the NBA but Memphis! Lol.

Sure, because no one wants to start an elite defender who has learned to shoot.

Sure, because no one wants to start an elite defender who has learned to shoot.

His defense is slipping. However he still looks great against awful teams like Sacramento and Minnesota who make telegraphed passes all over the court and don't make you pay for constantly gambling.

His defense is slipping. However he still looks great against awful teams like Sacramento and Minnesota who make telegraphed passes all over the court and don't make you pay for constantly gambling.

Now gotta listen to Verno grizz his pants on the air talking about how great Tony Allen is doing. While Simultaneously ignoring how Zbo has been worse overall and hasn't shown any signs of being able to carry the team. Tony Mike Bayless and Marc are the catalyst for the offense now.

Why do you "gotta" listen?

true - every once in a while he says something that isn't completely ignorant and is relevant. I also like when Wallace and Herrington are on. BTW he mentioned he would like us to pick up Tyreke and i did agree with that.

Why do you "gotta" listen?

So we don't have to read silly dribble over hear all day?

If TA could develop the corner 3 like Bruce Bowen, he would be a very valuable commodity in the NBA. Corner 3 and fast break layups combined with outstanding defense would get him a nice contract.

I totally agree, but in TA defense it does seem like he's working on his jumper.

IF TA ever gets a steady 3 pt shot- we'd have a grizz version of Bruce Bowen! ;-) (I'm not holding my breath and I love what TA brings)

IF TA ever gets a steady 3 pt shot- we'd have a grizz version of Bruce Bowen! ;-) (I'm not holding my breath and I love what TA brings)
At 31, I believe we know what Allen can do. The question moving forward is how much will he lose not what will he add to his game.

I trully believe TA is playing better in the O end... just wish he stay more under control and spend the next offseason hit the court for some thousands of shoots a day - mid and long range jumpers.