Sign in to follow this  
Greater Memphis Grind

Rudy Taking A Shot At Our Guys?

Is that you, Grit? Let me humbly suggest in a weakened state that you shouldn't start sentences with prepositions, makes for odd and somewhat confusing things to say. See? That wasn't arrogant or tough although I did flex a bicep and meanmugged the screen while typing.

Good for you.

I think Grit hasn't been here for a long time now.

Raptors were 16-30 before Rudy played with them.

They are now 22-32, and playing .750 ball right now.

It seems like it has already been a good trade for them, and I do hope they keep beating WC teams.

BIG GAME tonight! I didn't expect our starters would only play 60% of a game last night so this is hardly a back-to-back for them. It should negate the home court adv of the Raptors now since they are also on a back-to-back. SHould be about even.

Raptors were 16-30 before Rudy played with them. They are now 22-32, and playing .750 ball right now. It seems like it has already been a good trade for them, and I do hope they keep beating WC teams.

Well, I hope they make an exception for their next game against a WC team. :rolleyes:

I love how he keeps claiming that the organization didn't give him a chance to prove himself worthy of his contract. He was basically the face of the franchise, given a near max contract extension, and was either the number one or number two option on offense for his entire career here. He had the keys to the car. If he couldn't prove that he was worthy of his contract in that situation, then he probably wasn't.

"They come in there and they want it their own way, and you can't blame them for that. But it's a player's league.""

UH OH RUDY --- Don't you remember the LOCKOUT???

image_thumb.png

"I needed a new situation. A new task. I needed a new task with something I could grasp, something I could take over. I need to be challenged. I was challenged in Memphis, but it was tug of war at times. Here I'm being challenged and they're seeing what I'm made of."

Now THAT I can empathize with. IT would be great if it was a "player's league" in an ideal world. It would be great if I could just work all the time and create awesome software. But the real world doesn't work that way. The boss is in charge and you can only do what he lets you do.... welcome to the modern world.

I think he means that the league and teams are successful because of the Lebrons, Kobe's, MJ's, and not because of who the owner is.

However, my takeaway from that article is that he genuinely would still want to be here, if it was up to him. I don't buy that he wanted out, I believe he didn't want the trade rumors.

if by what you mean is he wanted the path of least resistance, then I agree. When it came down to brass and tacks, he didn't have what it takes though. now he's gaining Northern Exposure.

Speaking of Rudy taking shots....holy crap he missed so many tonight against the Fakers. He lost them that game. 17 points on a 7 for 28 shooting. Unreal. Good luck bro. The honeymoon is over in Toronto.

Speaking of Rudy taking shots....holy crap he missed so many tonight against the Fakers. He lost them that game. 17 points on a 7 for 28 shooting. Unreal. Good luck bro. The honeymoon is over in Toronto.

Not to mention six turnovers...several of them at pivotal times in the game. To be fair, he was being guarded by Metta World War, but still, if he's such a superstar, shouldn't he be able to rise above that?

Not to mention six turnovers...several of them at pivotal times in the game. To be fair, he was being guarded by Metta World War, but still, if he's such a superstar, shouldn't he be able to rise above that?

It also shows his mind set. There at the end of overtime, the Lakers had both Jodie Meeks and Steve Nash on the floor while the Raptors had the ball. Could he have not have a way to pass the ball to his teammate being guarded by such "defensive" stalwarts? No, he had to drive into the lane for fall away jumpers over Dwight Howard, the one person on the Lakers who could actually bother his shot. He is predictable in that he wants so much to be the hero that you know once he gets the ball at the end of a game no one else will get the opportunity to shoot. So you can automatically plan your double or triple team against him.

Yeah of course, he said he wasn't happy here and didnt get along with Zbo and Tony. He can be the guy in Toronto now and be happy not making the playoffs.

7_13.jpg