Sign in to follow this  
realgfan

Do You Guys Think The Front Office Get Ideas From Us

no - even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Was ed davis and/or austin daye ever mentioned here?

What about Chris Johnson?

TP was mentioned once or twice but not with any real debate/conversation.

its funny how we talk about different scenarios with the team and suddenly the front office makes it happen

maybe on some very small level they may check for insight from a fan point of view but i wouldn't think it weights much on them making decision for the team

its funny how we talk about different scenarios with the team and suddenly the front office makes it happen

what scenario are you talking about?

Please no. I mean, there will be coincidences, but for instance I doubt they got the idea of signing Bayless from me throwing it around during the summer. Or I hope they didnt.

I know the front office once got ideas from a blog. Why not their own message board?

I like to follow this board often. I hear you guys!

Lol everybody dismissed this.

I lol'd whether it is really Pera or (most likely) not.

Like someone said, he is an All-Star after only one post. If it really is him, it's really cool that he's willing to listen to and follow us fans. No matter how outlandish and just plain idiotic some of our posts maybe....

we all voiced loudly about Haddadi during the olympics in 2008 and they went out and got him so it definitely can work.

but other deals came totally out of the blue like QPON, Cunningham. I dont think anyone mentioned him. And before that if you came on here and didn't think critically you would have thought Chuck Hayes from the Rockets was the best player available in the world and would suddenly make the Grizzlies #1 in everything. Thank god they didn't listen!!!!!

Ronnie Brewer. Allen Iverson. Return of Shane Battier. Return of Jason Williams. I'm sure they listen to the fans on some of those deals.

If I was in their position I would definitely observe, it's free info from all sorts of sources-some good, some not. It's another tool that is easily accessible.

Like someone said, he is an All-Star after only one post. If it really is him, it's really cool that he's willing to listen to and follow us fans. No matter how outlandish and just plain idiotic some of our posts maybe....

Maybe it is really him. I still laughed. I think the front office would be foolish to not listen to what the fans have to say (they buy tickets remember). I have seen some good well thought out, cost ideal ideas on here and I have also seen some pure idiocy too.

Your screenname is good too

Hey Pera, sign Sonny Weems back from Europe. Good defender and shooting 43% from 3 Euroleague. =)

There is any chance we could buyout this guy... if so i'm all for it.

i'd be surprised if they didn't have somebody check the boards now and then. It's a free way to get honest opinions on the team. If they asked a fan something in person, there's a chance that particular fan will sugar coat things since some people don't like to offend, whereas on the boards people aren't afraid to say what they really think. I know if I was the GM I'd definitely check the boards and even check the trade ideas. Even if you thought 99% of the ideas are bad and not likely to happen, there'd still be a 1% a chance you might see something you didn't think about that's feasible and would improve the team.