Sign in to follow this  
realgfan

Do You Guys Think The Front Office Get Ideas From Us

BnaBreaker    0
Hey Robert, pick haddadi back up. We miss his presence

Seconded (assuming he was actually waived). We could always use another big body, and he was a fan favorite. Couldn't hurt.

Wells    0
I think Robert Pera should be in charge of the Team Hero threads from now on

Nah, Hatfield, you da' Man for that!

Wells    0
Seconded (assuming he was actually waived). We could always use another big body, and he was a fan favorite. Couldn't hurt.

Even if he was waived by Toronto, we couldn't resign Hamed. Per the CBA, you cannot resign a player that you traded until the next season. They took out the old loophole that they had where you could trade a player, he gets waived or bought out and then you sign him to a smaller contract.

mschnbch    0

Even if he was waived by Toronto, we couldn't resign Hamed. Per the CBA, you cannot resign a player that you traded until the next season. They took out the old loophole that they had where you could trade a player, he gets waived or bought out and then you sign him to a smaller contract.

I wonder what he is up to.. Think he went back to his country?

kboyar    0

There are ways around some of the trickier rules

Just give him a couple of courtside seats and have him wave to the crowd when the arena needs a boost of energy!

He probably still has a house here - just sayin... B)

Lordninja11    0

Vernon just read from this thread on the show. We're famous you guys!

that was awesome I love his show sorry GP Vernono taking over Memphis radio now lol

Grinder 901    0

I trust that our young and intelligent core manning the front office are good chess players and can see past the moment. I am excited to be a Memphian and a part of the Griz Nation.

Dwash    0
I trust that our young and intelligent core manning the front office are good chess players and can see past the moment. I am excited to be a Memphian and a part of the Griz Nation.

The only problem is that we seem to be saying this about all of their moves now.

Grinder 901    0

The only problem is that we seem to be saying this about all of their moves now.

I can freely admit to not having the basketball acumen that a lot of you guys do. But it seems like we traded a player making too much for three players and a pick. We increased the depth of our bench which with Bayless, Daye, DA, Davis and Q looks very lethal and competitive. We also got back a seasoned vet who has better shot selection and good defense who likes to pass first instead of going into black hole ball stopping mode and that's coming from a Rudy fan. I like our team more now than when the season started. The front office wants to be financially sound and stay in the playoff hunts for years to come. Excited to say the least.

I can freely admit to not having the basketball acumen that a lot of you guys do. But it seems like we traded a player making too much for three players and a pick. We increased the depth of our bench which with Bayless, Daye, DA, Davis and Q looks very lethal and competitive. We also got back a seasoned vet who has better shot selection and good defense who likes to pass first instead of going into black hole ball stopping mode and that's coming from a Rudy fan. I like our team more now than when the season started. The front office wants to be financially sound and stay in the playoff hunts for years to come. Excited to say the least.

Still need a player that can help in the playoffs. Team ball is nice and gets you regular season wins but in the playoffs when defense cranks up team ball gets crushed. Same reason that Kentucky, Duke, Florida wins in the NCAA - talent and superstars. Same reason why Denver has gotten by first round last two seasons.

Tyreke is probably the best person you can get. He hurts offensive production because he can be a blackhole too but he is definitely the type of guy you need in playoffs.

Grinder 901    0

Again, my ignorance is showing because I would rather have a squad of talented guys that can get hot and be the star on any given night than have one guy that the opposing team knows will crank up 20 - 30 shots and is the only person to worry about on defense. One night Marc is the man with 20 points and 11 rebounds, the next night its Prince going 8-8 with 18 points and still another night where mike gets 20 and TA gets 19. Team ball. The league is so obsessed with individual players but its still a team sport right?

Lakers have more than a few "super stars" and they struggle because they don't play as a team.

Grinder 901    0

And I don't see a huge difference in tempo or ferocity between these reg season games and playoffs. How many times in this season alone has an announcer said, "Wow this game feels like a playoff game". One of the most overused phrases to describe a tight game. A depleted Boston and bad road team Denver go into triple overtime during the regular season. How are playoffs games any different. The stakes are greater but it's still a game. What do refs call it looser or tighter? Because we have had games this season where refs are blow happy or swallow the whistle too.

Again, my ignorance is showing because I would rather have a squad of talented guys that can get hot and be the star on any given night than have one guy that the opposing team knows will crank up 20 - 30 shots and is the only person to worry about on defense. One night Marc is the man with 20 points and 11 rebounds, the next night its Prince going 8-8 with 18 points and still another night where mike gets 20 and TA gets 19. Team ball. The league is so obsessed with individual players but its still a team sport right? Lakers have more than a few "super stars" and they struggle because they don't play as a team.

That's my point we are no longer a squad of talented guys anymore. With the loss of Rudy and Mayo we aren't any better talent-wise than Denver Utah or Houston. Lionel also hasn't proven a whole lot as an Xs and Os coach to offset our dip in talent. Gasol is our most talented player on roster followed by Zbo then who else Mike? Actually Tony Wroten is probably most talented but he is an experienced rookie. Everyone else gets by on hustle and BBIQ.

i don't care about the superstar "label" but it does apply to guys like LeBron, KD, Kobe, Duncan, and CP3. Atleast Two of those guys we will see in the playoffs.

Barring us picking up another player our wins will depend on Mike and Gasol playing at a superhigh level.

Dwash    0
And I don't see a huge difference in tempo or ferocity between these reg season games and playoffs. How many times in this season alone has an announcer said, "Wow this game feels like a playoff game". One of the most overused phrases to describe a tight game. A depleted Boston and bad road team Denver go into triple overtime during the regular season. How are playoffs games any different. The stakes are greater but it's still a game. What do refs call it looser or tighter? Because we have had games this season where refs are blow happy or swallow the whistle too.

I think the biggest difference in playoff time is not only the intensity, but the attention that is paid to advanced scouting. For example, when the Spurs played the Clippers last year, they simply would not let CP3 turn the corner when his big set a pick. It's a pretty known fact that CP3 is tough to guard in a pick and roll, but you won't see a team execute shutting off a strength like that on virtually every play in the regular season. They don't just wait until the fourth quarter to execute anymore. It starts in the first quarter.

I disagree. The intensity, focus, and room for error is very different. I think announcers saying it feels like a playoff game IS overstated.. but thats what announcers do.

That's my point we are no longer a squad of talented guys anymore. With the loss of Rudy and Mayo we aren't any better talent-wise than Denver Utah or Houston. Lionel also hasn't proven a whole lot as an Xs and Os coach to offset our dip in talent. Gasol is our most talented player on roster followed by Zbo then who else Mike? Actually Tony Wroten is probably most talented but he is an experienced rookie. Everyone else gets by on hustle and BBIQ. i don't care about the superstar "label" but it does apply to guys like LeBron, KD, Kobe, Duncan, and CP3. Atleast Two of those guys we will see in the playoffs. Barring us picking up another player our wins will depend on Mike and Gasol playing at a superhigh level.

I strongly disagree with this. Its a TEAM game. Team offense and team defense are definitely relevant. Basketball is not just about who has the most talent on the team but how that talent works together, fits together, and helps each other be better. Its the fun part of basketball. Its part of basketball and team sports that I like- its what Pera said- the whole can be larger than the sum of their parts.

If that wasn't true then the Heat would have won every game and playoff game since they came together. The Detriot Pistons would have lost to the Lakers with Kobe, Malone, Shaq, and the Glove.

This team MAY be a stronger team without guys like Mayo and Rudy- without Mike and Gasol suddenly becoming all stars. It just depends on how it all fits together.

I strongly disagree with this. Its a TEAM game. Team offense and team defense are definitely relevant. Basketball is not just about who has the most talent on the team but how that talent works together, fits together, and helps each other be better. Its the fun part of basketball. Its part of basketball and team sports that I like- its what Pera said- the whole can be larger than the sum of their parts. If that wasn't true then the Heat would have won every game and playoff game since they came together. The Detriot Pistons would have lost to the Lakers with Kobe, Malone, Shaq, and the Glove. This team MAY be a stronger team without guys like Mayo and Rudy- without Mike and Gasol suddenly becoming all stars. It just depends on how it all fits together.

I don't see how or why you would disagree that our playoff wins will be dependent on Mike and Gasol playing at a superhigh level. How many playoff victories have we had without those two playing at a super high level? I'll wait. Next factor in that Zbo has still not shown in over 40 games that he can return to his form of two years ago. If we stay in the 4th spot and/or get to play GSW in first round that may get us a series victory but that is more because of match-ups than anything else.

No kidding team basketball is dependent on offense and defense thanks again for enlightening me that it is a Team game. Did you also know that playing NBA team basketball requires 5 players on opposing sides! and three referees to officiate. You love stating the obvious.

Neo Realist found an excellent article in regards to that Malone Shaq Lakers team that actually deflated my hopes even further.

I love the Grizz but i'm not crazy enough to go to war against CP3, KD, LeBron, and Duncan armed with just "teamwork and friendship".