Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

How Many Points Does Rudy Gay Have Today? I've Lost Count

exactly. That is why in an earlier post I said the only thing that is important now is how MEM does going forward. Nobody wanted it to work with Rudy more than I did. Heck, I wanted it to work with OJ as well, but there is only so much money to go around.

Trading Zach wouldnt get you much. Trading Mike wouldnt get you much and why would you want to? Trading Marc might get you some assets but the FO chose to unload the heaviest contract. Doenst mean they didnt think he was a good player, but that he cant be afforded at a cost of $37M over the next 2 years.

If Rudy gets 40 but the Heat win, then what has TOR done? They still lost. That is what it is about. Not how many Rudy scores.

Actually we probably could've gotten more for Zbo over Rudy. But Rudy was ready to move on which is why he was traded. Zbo was never made available.

OJ and Rudy are guys that work best in faster pace and used in creative ways. Meaning OJ wanted to be a combo and Rudy is a tweener.

Lionel is not creative he only uses guys in traditional roles if you don't fit then you look very ordinary. He also values defense guys over offensive guys - which makes it really difficult for guys like mayo and grievous to get a fair shot.

BTW If lionel could he would STILL play Xavier over tony Allen.

that is true. Then how do you explain the Philly game where he went off for 26 and was the player of the game with Marc and Zach on the court as well? Rudy did not give it his all the past few weeks. It was obvious as you would watch him on the court. He didnt want to be one of 3 options. He wanted to be the "man." He played with passion and effort in Philly because I guess he knew he was going to be gone. You, TGF, may have been the one who said that he looked like someone at peace with what was going to happen. You were spot on with that call. My point is that he could have played like that the whole time in MEM, but he always felt behind Marc and Zach so he didnt. Even Lebron called Rudy a 3rd option after MEM beat the Heat earlier in the year and he talked about how good it made the Grizzlies. The fact that he went off at Philly shows that he COULD do it if he wanted to. At the end, I just dont believe he wanted to anymore.

The whole starting lineup, except Rudy and sometimes Conley, refused to run. The reason Rudy is doing well now is that Rudy has other players that like to run.

Zach Randolph cost us a superstar basically.

Actually we probably could've gotten more for Zbo over Rudy. But Rudy was ready to move on which is why he was traded. Zbo was never made available. OJ and Rudy are guys that work best in faster pace and used in creative ways. Meaning OJ wanted to be a combo and Rudy is a tweener. Lionel is not creative he only uses guys in traditional roles if you don't fit then you look very ordinary. He also values defense guys over offensive guys - which makes it really difficult for guys like mayo and grievous to get a fair shot. BTW If lionel could he would STILL play Xavier over tony Allen.

I don't put it on Lionel. I put it on Zach Randolph who refuses to run.

umm no, I'm saying that the difference between Gay two weeks ago and now is that he's trying hard. Look at the energy Gay's playing with today and the way he played this season with Memphis and it's not even a question. It's the same thing as Vince Carter at the end of Toronto, he quit on the team.

Raptors are 25th in pace by the way

Also notice how Rudy is able to get to the rim without getting ball ripped. Third of his baskets come on slashes today. Spacing is much better without a paint clogging bigs. He has scored on LEBRON this way. So it's no fluke dude is a legit AllStar talent.

I won't argue that he was ready to move on but the fans hating on his ability is what was aggravating.

Also beginning of the year in nov he was playing really well just couldn't hit shots. Didn't stop fans from calling for his head

The difference is Rudy Gay is trying harder now where in Memphis he wasn't giving 100%

I called this somewhere. :D

Also notice how Rudy is able to get to the rim without getting ball ripped. Third of his baskets come on slashes today. Spacing is much better without a paint clogging bigs. He has scored on LEBRON this way. So it's no fluke dude is a legit AllStar talent.

I won't argue that he was ready to move on but the fans hating on his ability is what was aggravating.

Also beginning of the year in nov he was playing really well just couldn't hit shots. Didn't stop fans from calling for his head

Who cares what some fans did or didn't say? All you can really do in the end of the day is think what you think. You could go blue in the face trying to convince somebody, but usually people just stay entrenched in their positions.

Actually we probably could've gotten more for Zbo over Rudy. But Rudy was ready to move on which is why he was traded. Zbo was never made available. OJ and Rudy are guys that work best in faster pace and used in creative ways. Meaning OJ wanted to be a combo and Rudy is a tweener. Lionel is not creative he only uses guys in traditional roles if you don't fit then you look very ordinary. He also values defense guys over offensive guys - which makes it really difficult for guys like mayo and grievous to get a fair shot. BTW If lionel could he would STILL play Xavier over tony Allen.

Lets be real here. That is pure conjecture. There were no talks of any Zach trade because the phone wasnt blowing up to get him. If they could have gotten more for Zach, then they should have gotten it. That would have cleared things for Rudy. But I personally dont believe they had near the interest in Zach that they had in Rudy. The truth is that this is all speculation. We dont know.

Man, I am serious about to FREAKIN EXPLODE. PERA, HOLLINGER AND LIEVIN NEED TO BE BURNED AT THE STAKE!
You don't care at all?

The fact that Rudy is playing so well tight off the bat in Toronto proves to me that HE QUIT ON US!!!!

To hell with him. Why would we want a quitter.... Do you want Pau Gasol back as well?

Numbers without wins means nothing ..Im going to go out on a limb and say most of you guys were not grizz fans when Rudy first got drafted and we scored over 100 points almost every night, played fast paced but rarely won...

YO

The whole starting lineup, except Rudy and sometimes Conley, refused to run. The reason Rudy is doing well now is that Rudy has other players that like to run. Zach Randolph cost us a superstar basically.

Running basketball will get you a Rudy Gay (assuming he plays at the 4) with 30+ points a night.

What won't get you is wins, especially in the Postseason.

Of course we could make Rudy an All-star, and a superstar, and whatever you want. What you cannot have is a winning team based on Rudy Gay.

Follow Toronto, watch him become a "Superstar" on a fringe PO team with no hopes on doing anything besides that. And then ask yourself if that is what you wanted for Memphis.

I know I don't.

The fact that Rudy is playing so well tight off the bat in Toronto proves to me that HE QUIT ON US!!!! To hell with him. Why would we want a quitter.... Do you want Pau Gasol back as well?

why would he want to play for fans that did nothing but criticize him?

Numbers without wins means nothing ..Im going to go out on a limb and say most of you guys were not grizz fans when Rudy first got drafted and we scored over 100 points almost every night, played fast paced but rarely won...

YO

That would be interesting to know what percentage of the active forum are new fans vs. og's.

That would be interesting to know what percentage of the active forum are new fans vs. og's.

the new fans would never admit to being one. :blink:

Rudy is looking like the best player in the building right now..
how many heat players marked this game on their calendar? rudy looking good no doubt but he is a go to player on a bad team in a meaningless game on superbowl sunday

Lets be real here. That is pure conjecture. There were no talks of any Zach trade because the phone wasnt blowing up to get him. If they could have gotten more for Zach, then they should have gotten it. That would have cleared things for Rudy. But I personally dont believe they had near the interest in Zach that they had in Rudy. The truth is that this is all speculation. We dont know.

More than a few league sources peg Randolph as the easier chip to move. Randolph is owed $16.5 million this season and has two more seasons worth $34.3 million left on his deal. Zach is more effective than Gay and actually clocks in cheaper. The problem is Memphis really does not want to move Randolph and denies having any level of discussions regarding him. HoopsWorld"

So no not pure conjecture Zbo was easier to move than Rudy. League leading rebounder former AllStar and on cheaper contract of course teams wanted him. I will preface it by saying the FO moved Rudy because he was WILLING to be moved. Zbo fan favorite Rudy fan scapegoat - simple as that. I actually think it was the right move because Rudy's heart was no longer here. And if we would've moved the most popular Grizz ever to keep Rudy fans would have burned the FEF down. No win situation for him here so smart move was to go.

So mgmt did same thing moved Rudy for a role player and future zbo replacement. So I look for them to move Zbo to find rhe new wing star.

If it makes the team better than who cares about Rudy's individual game?

Cry me a river! C'mon now, I loved Rudy but to pin his recent play on the fans is weak. You get paid to do a job you should do it. If your fans criticize, prove them wrong.

lol at people still not realizing that the problem is still Lionel Hollins.

Its going to be hilarious if he gets signed to an extension and we continue to let really talented players go because of how he wants to play. Tony Wroten is going to be next if he remains our coach long term.

lol at people still not realizing that the problem is still Lionel Hollins. Its going to be hilarious if he gets signed to an extension and we continue to let really talented players go because of how he wants to play. Tony Wroten is going to be next if he remains our coach long term.

LH won't be here next year unless we make WCF or better.

If they wanted him around they would extend him already.

I got think of about 80 millions reasons. Why dont you become a Raptors fan, all you do is criticize everything the Grizzlies do

If Rudy hits a game winner here (might not have the chance), I worry about a few of our fellow posters..