Sign in to follow this  
Arkm110

Hamed Haddadi Appreciation Thread

Heard that HH was a possibility to join the Knicks, but with Jeremy Tyler signing on board that seems to be squashed. Sad, thought that I'd get to see some Hamed action at the Garden.

I think the few teams who have him on their minds are waiting to see the result of Asian-cup and for his return to the US. There are not toomany 7'2" players out there, specially at that price. But if I were him I'd be extremely disappointed with NBA because Suns waved him after he made 14point/7Reb/2blocks in under 20 minutes while they signed the pot-smoking Beasley and Morris brothers, so I'm not sure if he's still coming back for more of disappointments. The Asian final games are Friday night our time, Iran plays Jordan. His team is 13-0 for the summer.

My friend Hesam, our teams match up tomorrow night (GMT +8). May the best team win :)

Hamed and Iran's team won the FIBA Asian cup. Hamed also got the MVP with 29-points/16-Rebounds. Complete summer record: 16-0. AsianCupWin-2013_zps4868c530.jpg
Congratulations, it was a good game. Didn't get to see Haddadi, but I saw team China and Yi Jianlian in person. Ultra-athletic and talented but no toughness which is why he is not in the NBA. I'm sure the considerable amount of Iranians living here are happy.

Also shocked that they left out Arsalan Kazemi. Injuries to Haddadi and Bahrami would have left Iran very vulnerable.

Hamed is too large, with that size any more toughness will cost him 6 fouls in 20 minutes, it's not easy to defend and also keep 15 feet of arms and legs out of the way not to foul :lol:/> he surprisingly stayed free of foul-outs for the whole 16 summer games. NBA guys are taller and bigger and NBA refs are picky, still he can use his size, length and improved shooting to get an average 10-12points/8Rebs given 20minutes average playtime in any NBA team. Arsalan Kazemi just signed with 76ers so I guess he wanted to be included in the roster and participate in summer practice now instead of leaving the US and risk having to sit through the whole 2013-14 season.
What I meant was Yi Jianlian. Saw Yi do a double pump, turnaround bankshot from the 3 pt line. Like I said, very athletic, very skilled and very talented but no toughness. I've seen Bargnani play live and I'd pick Yi over Bargnani anyday.

What can I say? Hamed is a freak of nature. He does lack some agility but he makes up with his long arms, size, BBIQ and good positioning. Hamed might sign with the Knicks and there's no other quality big men available to back up Chandler. I think he stays in the NBA.

That's good for Kazemi - I think the 76ers have 20 men on the roster already and he may have a better chance on another team. If he has to prove more in the Dleague that's ok. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back in Portland Oregon with the Blazers.

<p>Another really good "role player" big man just signed in China:</p>

<p> </p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Former <a href="http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Celtics" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">#Celtics</a> Shavlik Randolph will sign a deal w/ Foshan Long Lions worth btwn $1.5M-2M, according to sources. Deal not official yet.</p>

<div style="overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;"> </div>

<p>

</p>

<div style="overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;"><br />

Really liked him last year - thought he was a solid replacement for Greg Stimesma or the Nenad Krstic role player we lacked at times.  But yeah why risk playing DLeague and earning $800k a year in the NBA for a team like the Pelicans when you can be the head honcho over there for $2Million for a half season which is like signing a $5M contract here?  And he can always come back and be more sought after.  I don't think we've seen the last of Haddadi or Randolph.</div>

The Knicks didn't bring in Haddadi or Earl Barron now they lose their only center for 4-6 weeks with a broken leg. Also Chandler had many injuries early in his career - I think that's why he's been so dominant lately because he doesnt have the same wear and tear on his body that other big men would have at this point, sitting out so many lackluster seasons. Now it might be catching up with him.

Now without a center on the roster the Knicks again show they have zero rating for managing a roster. Haddadi could be saving them right now don't you think?

Wow, very interesting. For others, Hamed's in China with Sichuan. He plays with my friend Mike Efevberha (Pomona native, played for Czech team Nymburk). Him, Hamed and D.J. White are the core of the team. HH returned from an ankle injury like 3 weeks ago. They get HUGE paychecks so I guess they are happy. Lol

I thought I check and see howmuch better Koufos is compared to Haddadi. First thing that I noticed was that Koufos played 513 minutes in 10 games of Memphis Grizz. nearly half of Hamed's 5 years in Memphis(1056Min) So I lowered Hamed's stats at 0.486 ratio to match Koufos's 513 minutes(Memphis). Here is the result: FG% Rebounds Points Koufos: 43.6% 160 171 Haddadi: 46.3% 181 165 Result: Koufos made 6 more points and 21 fewer rebounds.

Marbury and T-mac were beasting in China, soo that probably tells the level of competition.

I bet KK would garner a ridiculous rebounds per game average in China.

Where did you get this? I can't find their games anywhere. Dam. China doesn't let go of this communist BS, everything they have is blocked to the world and only in Chinese language. I really like to see HH and Mike Evevberha play.

It's from Mike's instagram. I've tried to find a stream, but haven't been successful yet.. everything says blocked.

Phx suns have the #6 offense in the league but #22 in points allowed. With HH they would have a different look to them . a force to be reckoned with

Spain vs Iran ........Aug 30, 2014........... Spain wins 90- 60 with 33 from Pau with both Pau and Marc on the court. Hamed: 31 minutes 16points - 15Rebounds Marc: 31 minutes: 15points - 10Rebounds

Hamed had a good game but at some point started shooting carelessly and his percentages suffered greatly (41.2 FG%). I was most impressed by Kamrani, he was really quick and aggressive.

I was also impressed by Kardoust's mustache.

8210bd801d50.jpg?v=20140830094652826

That's one dang fine mustache.

Spain didn't have anything else. Reyes and Ibaka were injuried, and they had to play Claver at PF so both Gasol's wouldn't play the whole game. Marc, as usual, wasn't too focused on scoring, he played more of a passing game (had 4 assists) and defense (a game high +/-33).

I know what they have, but they didn't have much more on the inside yesterday than the Gasol brothers due to injuries, that's what they had to play both for so long. That's what I meant, not that they didn't have more weapons.