Sign in to follow this  
Arkm110

Hamed Haddadi Appreciation Thread

new_skool91    0
Hamed is activated. Rudy Gay's Toronto team is here. Hamed vs. Rudy! Who would've thought!

Looks like Hadaddi and the Suns are getting the worse end of it.

Haddadi had the best +/- of any person on the Suns! (-2). haha. It was a matter of time Jermaine O'Neal had to sit one out. Oh because of his daughter? And Gortat was out? HH should have played 20+ mins... very weird.

Kendall Marshall is a reject?

Let's face it - the Suns went all in on Shaq (The Big Cactus) and never regained their respectability since then.

Hamed had a huge game tonight in their win over the Rockets. He played 28 mins and had 6 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks, +15 in the +/- column. He played great D too.

Congrats to Hamed!

Gortat will be out for 2-4 weeks, possibly the season. That means Hamed might start for the first time in NBA or get 20 minutes. Since he played for Hollins he's afraid of shooting and missing so he keeps playing the same role he played in Memphis which was passing and defense. I wrote him a message and told him to "shoot and not be afraid, just score" without the fear of coach. What he lacks is self-confidence he has the center skills. The refs also call fouls on him as if he has a target on his back, as soon as he extends his hand whistle sounds. Kobe bodyslams the players and gets no whistle! I guess its all in building reputation. Suns signed the old, fat, worn-out shaq and he was terrible in his final years, since Colangelo sold Suns to Sarver Suns went downhill and it's been running like walmart since! Buy cheap, trade expensive and good, no matter the damage to the team, kinda like trading Rudy. Marshal is not a reject, just a disappointment, but Beasley(MIA-MIN), Gortat(Orlando), Dragic(HOU) are rejects and they show why everytime.

Sarver is a cheap owner. Also congrats to Hamed.

BnaBreaker    0
O, man, what a game, everybody said "Suns will lose, Suns will lose" and even with Harden's 38 and their 19 made 3-pointers Suns still won. The only times that Suns were behind was when Scola played. Sofar Hamed's Suns record is 47minutes/8points/17Rebounds!/6Blocks! The Houston game was his FIRST game with 28 minutes that the coach didn't get him out after a foul. I wish Grizz had kept Hamed and Rudy and we could've gone all the way full power.

At this point I'm kind of indifferent about trading Rudy, but I really do wish we had kept Hamed. He's a hell of a lot better than Leuer and Pittman, that's for sure.

catfan17    0
Let's face it - the Suns went all in on Shaq (The Big Cactus) and never regained their respectability since then.

It was over before that. It was over as soon as sarver bought the team. He's ridiculously cheap and blew up a good team.

catfan17    0
In this game you could see he's equal to the $5mil Omir-Asik. HH: 28min - 6points/11Reb/3Blk $1.3mil Asik: 38min - 4points/16Reb/2Blk $5 mil

Thankfully no one with half a brain uses one game sample sizes to determine how much a player is worth.

dashtrash    0
But I'm not the one setting prices, the recorded stats and consistency does that. There is this "Per-36min" stat....

Really,

Some day you'll realize that minutes played by starters against starters doesnt match well with minutes played-in-blowouts against bench-warmers.

As a long time lurker in this forum, i have to chuckle every time you compare Haddadi stats again Marc's, Dwight's...

Hamed Haddadi either (mostly) plays against players out of any rotation , in blowouts , or plays for 2 minutes against starters/rotation players, and knowing he only has 2 minutes to prove worth, it's fouls-per-minute is ridiculous.You just cannot think he could *ever* be 36 minutes in the floor (and pan his stats accordingly) playing like that.That's why you just say that his '7.3' fouls per 36 minutes just 'need work', but don't cut down those stats proportionally until you have a "5" in that column.Then, you have a stat that is actually *possible*.And then, you will have to factor in how much of the remaining stats have been recorded in scrub time.And then, factor in that to cut down his fouls to 5 per 36 mins, his mindset should change accordingly, and so, again, his stats.

So, if you want to say Hamed Haddadi is the Dwight Howard of scrub time, ok, i have to agree.But panning his stats to 36 mins, and compare it to *starter players*, who play *every game* against *other starters*, that have the responsability of playing *whole games*, it's just ridiculous.

SC Grizz    0
So, if you want to say Hamed Haddadi is the Dwight Howard of scrub time, ok, i have to agree.But panning his stats to 36 mins, and compare it to *starter players*, who play *every game* against *other starters*, that have the responsability of playing *whole games*, it's just ridiculous.

I have agree that this is 100% true.

But hey D-Howard of scrub time is solid! That is about what Asik was before last year, right? I think that is all CoachHesam is saying.

catfan17    0
I have agree that this is 100% true. But hey D-Howard of scrub time is solid! That is about what Asik was before last year, right? I think that is all CoachHesam is saying.

He averaged 15 minutes a game last year and was well known as one of the best defensive big's in the league(hence his contract).

SC Grizz    0
He averaged 15 minutes a game last year and was well known as one of the best defensive big's in the league(hence his contract).

Before last year would mean the year before last year - 10-11.

'10-'11

82 0 12.1 1.0-1.7 .553 0.0-0.0 .000 0.9-1.8 .503 1.4 2.4 3.7 0.4 0.7 0.2 1.9 0.8 2.8

catfan17    0

and lol at 36 minutes stats. You really are thick.

Pau has only played 40xed the minutes hh has lol. hh minutes are largely garbage time and he never plays more than a few minutes at a time. Makes sense to compare his per minute value to everyone else :rolleyes:/>

Gman1    0

It looks like this thread has moved from the initial appreciation thread into an argument about the pro's and con's of HH. As such, please continue the discussion in NBA Talk.

GTG    0

You're right, let's put the thread on the bench, somewhere no one can see it. :)/> It was the "APPRECIATION THREAD" until someone not so appreciative showed up to ruin the good thing. There's always one out there. Anyway, those who really appreciate his effort need no threads.

What the heck are you talking about? YOU are the one who changed this thread into yet another stage for your ridiculous "Haddadi is amazing" campaign. I thought you quit this site anyways? That sure lasted long. :rolleyes:

TimBC    0
You're right, let's put the thread on the bench, .

Well. I'm putting you on the bench with my Ignore feature. I came back to this thread hoping to read some nice things about HH doing well in Phoenix, but all I get is you alternating between sneering at people and calling them idiots. 'Bye.

pjoe    0

Hey, I don't mind giving kudos. Good game last night Hamed ... against a very good team too.

I hope Hamed gets a chance to "validate it" (i.e. show it wasn't a fluke) in next game. Hamed almost always has good numbers if he gets the minutes. Hopefully he will find a way to work himself into the rotation. Work HARD Hamed ... it's your time.

slippur    0

Great game from Haddadi last night, I'm loving that highlight video. Hoping he'll continue to play well and earn some consistent playtime.

Though I'll admit, it's kind of hard to appreciate him for what he is with Hesam passionately claiming he's so much more.