Sign in to follow this  
Arkm110

Hamed Haddadi Appreciation Thread

Thanks Hamed, remember watching you score your first point, also the first point for an Iranian. Also got your autograph and picture with you.. good luck in the future! :D

I don't know about Toronto, but Vancouver has a fairly large Persian population.

Who can forget the conversations surrounding his former(?) girlfriend and her name: Goolnaz "Asal" Karbalaeinematmoeeney

I hope he does see some PT to see if it was just a Memphis thing or if he can be a reliable back-up.

Good luck HH.

So is Hamed getting waived from Toronto? I had heard that the Visa issues were just too complicated. I mean, Hamed never even traveled with the team when the Grizzlies played in Toronto.

Visa is not a problem in Canada, they do everything we do here easier. I bet they'd pay him to become a Canadian citizen just so 5,000 more Iranians+ 4000 Canadians buy tickets to watch the games. The trade is complete but that doesn't guarantee that they'd stay there, either one of them might get re-traded to a 3rd team n the next 3 weeks. If they stay Hamed will feel even colder, Ahvaz weather was like Arizona, then cooler Memphis then chilly Toronto!

I feel you with this, but historically he has had significant difficulties with getting into Toronto for games to the point where, I believe that for the past 2 years he has not traveled with the team to the Toronto game. Maybe now that he has a primary job there whoever handles his visa designation will be more cooperative? He is still going to need dual visas because he is going to do a lot of travelling back to the US. I can't understand why they wouldn't give him a Canadian visa for the past 2 years.

Marc Stein@ESPNSteinLine Rumbles persist that Hamed Haddadi & second-rounder to Phoenix to bring Bassy Telfair to Toronto is likely outcome in final hour of deadline

Didn't even know that Telfair was still in the league. I literally have not heard that guy's name in at least 2 years.

CoachHesam's dream is about to come true! He's gonna freak out!

Seriously, where you at, H!? I'd be curious to see when the "Haddadi should start over Gortat" threads start popping up.

Trade Pittman for Haddadi and a 2nd round pick. Bring Hamed home and get a better 2nd round pick.

Coach Hesam and double H united in Arizona. How long until Hesam gets arrested for stalking?

You mean he hasn't already?

Hi Guys. Didn't think I forget & go ha? naaaaaa, My goodbye was like "Bye bro, see you soon", I don't come and post as before but I check the board now and then. Just can't watch Hollins and the HH-less, Rudy-less Grizz anymore. :(/> No, they still haven't arrested me for stalking but they might when Hamed gets here. :P/> The Suns deal is still shaky. Looks like if they haven't already waved him they might do so later after they check him out. We'll see soon. Yes I saw the game. Rudy played hesitantly as if he was playing against his little brother. Don't tell anybody but I think Rudy intentionally gave the game to Memphis because in previous games vs. other teams he played much more aggressively & made last second jump-shots and in this game he just threw the ball & turned it over near the end. You Take Care you hear? ;)/>

Coach good to hear from ya man! Also very happy for you getting to watch Hamed up close. Next time you are sitting in the tree outside his window at night - tell Hadaddi Memphis fans miss him!

I do miss Haddadi always grinning on the bench. It's nice to have some "good energy" guys on the team. In a greater context I really do miss watching the camaraderie that the team had earlier in the year: Speights and Hamed jumping up and doing the dice thing everytime someone sank a 3, and such. Always got good vibes looking over at the bench. It's not all that important I guess in the end, but I'd be kidding myself if I said that I thought it didn't do anything for the fan experience.