Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SixthMan

Grizzlies @ Thunder - 1/31/2012

470 posts in this topic

Allen + Wroten is a putrid backup combo, no

They were lost without your favorite player. No one could counteract Tony's negative offensive game. Zbo got 11 Rebs off his own misses he got shut down by every thunder big man.

Of course Hollins barely played TW and JL even though we only had 9 ppl on roster. So we still have no idea what Jon can do

Getting ignored this completely by the coach when we are so depleted has to F with JL's confidence

They were lost without your favorite player. No one could counteract Tony's negative offensive game. Zbo got 11 Rebs off his own misses he got shut down by every thunder big man. Of course Hollins barely played TW and JL even though we only had 9 ppl on roster. So we still have no idea what Jon can do

I can understand it being a coach. The first logic is TW if my best cant do it how is the rookie going to? JL is just new to the team & will need some practices. These 5 days off should help that 1 way or another. He'll either get mins. or none after the coaches see him in practice.

Bro (better?) I debated doing that. I should have just been general about my complaint instead of attacking you directly. I just got so annoyed reading so many negative posts calling for a loss before tip off. Just sounds so unlike the behavior of die hard fans which is apparent a lot of you guys are. So for the personal attack, I apologize. But I do not mind being messed with or called out by other fans. We will not all agree on things this team (front office) does but we all want this team to succeed. I will refrain from turning on my fellow Grinders.

Better. And I do have a bad habit of being both pessimistic and negative more than I should. I fight against it and come up short of winning the fight more than I like. But I am a big Grizz fan, and I do care. (maybe to much)

You showed maturity with this post. I'm on board with you as a fellow Grizz fan. I too will try to refrain from unnecessary diatribes toward you. But as Yoda says: "Try not. Do or do not. There is no try". Peace.

Lots of missed calls in this game. Okc just was too hot from the perimeter. Very frustrating, but at least our guys didnt give up. We had some momentum and the missed goaltend call with Randolf and Marc gets thrown to the floor and then Durant gets breathed on and gets a three point play. And everyone is worried about Westbrook's feelings. I really hate Okc.

Gotta win tomorrow night against the Wizards with Gsw and Nuggets breathing down our neck.

Ok sounds like we all love the idea of JB starting over TA. Now to only convince Hollins and TA........

He did not do this with Mayo, what makes you think he is going to do it with Bayless?

Man the grizzlies looked lost tonight. I'm hoping it was because they are still readjusting to the big move. Even though Rudy has been playin awful, it was weird not seeing him on the court. He has big play potential so when he was on the court you always had hope. Either him rebounding, tip dunking, or just setting up scoring plays. I had no hope on offense tonight. I'm hoping it was because we only had 9 players, and when we get the others will bounce back because we looked like a 20 win team tonight.

I don't want Bayless starting. I want him with the green light off the bench, playing the one and the two. Being our sixth man. You give him the same freedom Mayo had last season, specially in the second half, and he will produce. He has the level of intensity needed to be a sixth man, he always plays hard, doesn't need time to get in rhythm. His only problem in that sense is confidence IMO. When he starts he feels confident, he knows he will have minutes. He needs to feel that confidence as a reserve, and we will have our scoring sixth man.

Plus, off the bench, with different kinds of players, more suited for a transition game and with more lanes open, his style should benefit.

I had no hope on offense tonight. I'm hoping it was because we only had 9 players...
It was, and dealing with the reality that one of their "core" guys was actually gone. They will adjust...they have no choice.

OS

I don't want Bayless starting. I want him with the green light off the bench, playing the one and the two. Being our sixth man. You give him the same freedom Mayo had last season, specially in the second half, and he will produce. He has the level of intensity needed to be a sixth man, he always plays hard, doesn't need time to get in rhythm. His only problem in that sense is confidence IMO. When he starts he feels confident, he knows he will have minutes. He needs to feel that confidence as a reserve, and we will have our scoring sixth man. Plus, off the bench, with different kinds of players, more suited for a transition game and with more lanes open, his style should benefit.

I feel Bayless being a starter has enhanced his confidence and given him a sense of more freedom which has led to his better productivity.

I would only advocate Bayless starting to help with the offensively handicapped TA. I know we need a spark off the bench too. JB just doesn't seem to be the same player coming off the bench than when he starts and it just can't be because of the minutes played. I know TA is the grind father, our biggest cheerleader and defensive stopper but.......

I feel Bayless being a starter has enhanced his confidence and given him a sense of more freedom which has led to his better productivity.

It's about confidence most of the time with Jerryd. There has to be a way or a point when he starts feeling confident about being a sixth man. That's his best role in the NBA, not a pure PG to be a full time starter in a winning team, undersized to be a full time starter at the 2, but able to play both positions should guarantee plenty of minutes of the bench, plus help any team to save some money having a versatile player handling two positions.

Like I said, he is not the kind of players that needs time to find his intensity, he is like Arthur in that sense, they go all in all the time.

It's not easy finding a good player that wants to come off the bench.

It's about confidence most of the time with Jerryd. There has to be a way or a point when he starts feeling confident about being a sixth man. That's his best role in the NBA, not a pure PG to be a full time starter in a winning team, undersized to be a full time starter at the 2, but able to play both positions should guarantee plenty of minutes of the bench, plus help any team to save some money having a versatile player handling two positions. Like I said, he is not the kind of players that needs time to find his intensity, he is like Arthur in that sense, they go all in all the time.

Is Bayless that much smaller than Tony. And he sure looks more physical and about the same height as O.J Mayo. And doesn't he start at the 2 spot for Dallas?

Right now he is simply doing what he has done his whole career which is perform much better as a starter.

Is Bayless that much smaller than Tony. And he sure looks more physical and about the same height as O.J Mayo. And doesn't he start at the 2 spot for Dallas?

He is smaller than both. If we look at pre-draft measurements:

Tony Allen is 6' 4.25" with a 6' 9" wingspan and a 8' 6" standing reach.

OJ Mayo is 6' 4.25" with a 6' 6" wingspan and a 8' 3.5" standing reach.

Jerryd Bayless is 6' 3" with a 6' 3.5" wingspan and a 8' 1" standing reach.

Mayo was borderline in size, specially because of a not so great wingspan. Bayless certainly looks like a no go. Many nights it won't matter, but as we don't exactly have a 6' 4" starting PG, it is an exploitable weakness. I'd rather have him come off the bench, let's see if he starts to produce from there, the games after the Cleveland trade, he did a good job filling the box score and scoring in double digits. That's what we need him to do, that's what Mayo did for us, but I have a feeling that Bayless can do it better if he stays aggressive.

I get why some people want Bayless to start but a Tony and Tony Lineup might be one of the worst shooting combo in NBA history.

So rather keep Bayless in the bench.

I get that. I don't like it but I get. We are all a bit rattled by the trade and I am just as sick as anyone with trade talks so I won't argue the idea of trading TA this year for a true shooting guard who can play some defense instead of letting TA walk or pay him the extra money he will ask for next year.......

I get why some people want Bayless to start but a Tony and Tony Lineup might be one of the worst shooting combo in NBA history.

So rather keep Bayless in the bench.

Bayless has been productive off the bench. As long as he is allowed to play HIS GAME which is a score first PG or SG not a facilitator.

It's not easy finding a good player that wants to come off the bench.

Why would a player WANT to come off the bench except maybe Dennis Rodman? hut OH did I date myself with that one?