Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

I Wouldn't Draw Too Much From This Game.

It's a well known fact that when a coaching change happens or a trade takes place that this puts a jolt into the team for at least the immediate game following.

We haven't solved our problems yet is what I am saying.

I'd call it a more perception than fact. When it happens, everyone points it out. When it doesn't, it's generally because the team was doing poorly anyway. The Grizz played a really bad team tonight that's going through a tough stretch. They would have likely beaten the Fakers just as badly had Mo, Wayne and Josh still been with the team.

I agree... and I still think a trade will come. FO made the trade to have flexibility to make the next one. I believe Zbo or Rudy will be traded... but I prefer one of them + MC... to get the most of it.

I would read that we kicked the &^#! out of the Lakers despite horrible, biased officiating again, and that the gaping hole in the bench that was supposed to exist because Speights is gone doesn't exist. When Leuer comes, I really don't think that we will be fundamentally different as a team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-130121/daily-dime

Recently, an NBA team did a study of midseason coaching changes over the last decade. The results showed there was only a 1 percent difference in win percentage, in the negative, on average when an interim coach takes over. Mike Woodson going 18-6 after Mike D'Antoni was fired last season was such an outlier from the norm that it earned him the job long-term.

Wayne Ellington was a negative on the court that could be replaced by many d-league players. (Proven over his entire career)

Speights was garbage off the bench and redundant with Arthur. Dante Cunningham was much better glass man insurance. (Always true)

Tony Wroten should've always been in the rotation, he is very talented and was always the better option as a 4th guard.

Today wasn't some stand alone proof, it was just further justification for things we already know.

Wayne Ellington was a negative on the court that could be replaced by many d-league players. (Proven over his entire career) Speights was garbage off the bench and redundant with Arthur. Dante Cunningham was much better glass man insurance. (Always true) Tony Wroten should've always been in the rotation, he is very talented and was always the better option as a 4th guard. Today wasn't some stand alone proof, it was just further justification for things we already know.

Exactly this game showed how valuable DA and Tony Wroten are. It also showed that Bayless can be very useful when playing at the 2 guard with MC/TW. He's a scorer/shooter, not a facilitator who can run offensive sets. Leave that to MC11 and Wroten, let Bayless score.

All I take is that Arthur is ready to take the training wheels off and play minutes like a big boy again

And that wroten/bayless/pondexter/arthur/leuer? lineup wont be completely useless as some thought

We beat the LOLakers.

It's an 82 game season. While I was agree it is a struggling team, and only one game, we also have a fan base that went into meltdown mode over a single decision by Rudy Gay last game.

I would read that we kicked the &^#! out of the Lakers despite horrible, biased officiating again, and that the gaping hole in the bench that was supposed to exist because Speights is gone doesn't exist. When Leuer comes, I really don't think that we will be fundamentally different as a team.
333fncw.jpg

Great energy and movement tonight and we got a win, hope it continues, but I'm not worried about that right now-just gonna enjoy it until Friday's game.

Your Jeopardy answer: The Jets, Tim Tebow, and the LA Lakers. The question: What are three below average items that get way too much coverage on ESPN?

The Lakers own the first TWO headlines on the ESPN front page as of right now.

I jut hope Jon Leuer does not take ANY minutes away from DA.

Saw him in the Lexus lounge after the game and he seemed very timid. Definitely did not have the typical NBA Player "swag"....and I hate that word, but I couldn't think of another.

I think everyone should just stop trying to predict what's going to happen and enjoy this roller coaster season we have going on. We've shown we can be great, we've shown we can play garbage. We play really up, but really really down. We have a new start with new faces and it started out great if you ask me. Hopefully the players can keep riding the high and get us back in contention with the spurs, and it sounds like we will try and keep the core together for another run at it. The games that already happen are over, the present is the most important because its the only thing grizz can do anything about, and the future is 2nd because it is all we can plan for. The past games are lessons and stories told, lets see what story grizz will write in the future. Here's to a new season, the halfway mark is coming up. Playoff basketball is officially starting

Oh yeah, is anyone else praying for fakers to finish last this year. They are 3 1/2 games ahead of the suns!

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/standings?season=2013&seasonType=2&groupId=7

Exactly this game showed how valuable DA and Tony Wroten are. It also showed that Bayless can be very useful when playing at the 2 guard with MC/TW. He's a scorer/shooter, not a facilitator who can run offensive sets. Leave that to MC11 and Wroten, let Bayless score.

This game shows that Lionel does not know how to use Players to their strengths unless he is FORCED to. Even in previous games when he plays Conley Bayless backcourt he still has Bayless playing the 1. Throughout his tenure every break through has happened because of circumstances outside of Coach just plain ole making adjustments.

This game shows that our HALFCOURT offense is the problem Zbo and Rudy are not elite ISO scorers so that should not be 75% of the half court set. Rudy handling the ball 30ft from basket is a recipe for disaster and nowadays Zbo cannot impose his will in the low post. He scores 80% of his buckets on putbacks and early feeds to the post before defense is set. I am just about to ready to say that the Hollins,Rudy and Zbo era should come to a close after this last playoff run.

This game shows further proof that Mike Conley is not best used as a ball-dominant halfcourt PG. ALL of our perimeter players thrive in an open fast transition paced game. Mike Conley needs someone to share ball-handling duties with him in the back-court.

This game further shows that Zbo and Gasol have there place as a tandem but they really play better apart with a floor spacing athletic big to offset there plodding. DA's midrange game, defense, and energy makes a huge difference. He also is able to run with the perimeter players that helps speed up the pace of the game.

D-league player can be a perfect replacement for Wayne Ellington at a fraction of the cost.

This game shows that Lionel does not know how to use Players to their strengths unless he is FORCED to. Even in previous games when he plays Conley Bayless backcourt he still has Bayless playing the 1. Throughout his tenure every break through has happened because of circumstances outside of Coach just plain ole making adjustments. This game shows that our HALFCOURT offense is the problem Zbo and Rudy are not elite ISO scorers so that should not be 75% of the half court set. Rudy handling the ball 30ft from basket is a recipe for disaster and nowadays Zbo cannot impose his will in the low post. He scores 80% of his buckets on putbacks and early feeds to the post before defense is set. I am just about to ready to say that the Hollins,Rudy and Zbo era should come to a close after this last playoff run. This game shows further proof that Mike Conley is not best used as a ball-dominant halfcourt PG. ALL of our perimeter players thrive in an open fast transition paced game. Mike Conley needs someone to share ball-handling duties with him in the back-court. This game further shows that Zbo and Gasol have there place as a tandem but they really play better apart with a floor spacing athletic big to offset there plodding. DA's midrange game, defense, and energy makes a huge difference. He also is able to run with the perimeter players that helps speed up the pace of the game. D-league player can be a perfect replacement for Wayne Ellington at a fraction of the cost.

But, dude, we won, big. :huh:

This game shows that Lionel does not know how to use Players to their strengths unless he is FORCED to. Even in previous games when he plays Conley Bayless backcourt he still has Bayless playing the 1. Throughout his tenure every break through has happened because of circumstances outside of Coach just plain ole making adjustments. This game shows that our HALFCOURT offense is the problem Zbo and Rudy are not elite ISO scorers so that should not be 75% of the half court set. Rudy handling the ball 30ft from basket is a recipe for disaster and nowadays Zbo cannot impose his will in the low post. He scores 80% of his buckets on putbacks and early feeds to the post before defense is set. I am just about to ready to say that the Hollins,Rudy and Zbo era should come to a close after this last playoff run. This game shows further proof that Mike Conley is not best used as a ball-dominant halfcourt PG. ALL of our perimeter players thrive in an open fast transition paced game. Mike Conley needs someone to share ball-handling duties with him in the back-court. This game further shows that Zbo and Gasol have there place as a tandem but they really play better apart with a floor spacing athletic big to offset there plodding. DA's midrange game, defense, and energy makes a huge difference. He also is able to run with the perimeter players that helps speed up the pace of the game. D-league player can be a perfect replacement for Wayne Ellington at a fraction of the cost.

Im glad someone else sees this. Good post.

This game further shows that Zbo and Gasol have there place as a tandem but they really play better apart with a floor spacing athletic big to offset there plodding. DA's midrange game, defense, and energy makes a huge difference. He also is able to run with the perimeter players that helps speed up the pace of the game.

This could be a good source of our offensive woes. When Zach first arrived, it seemed that him and Marc were a bad pairing because of their lack of quickness and athleticism. Although that was true, it was offset by their rebounding and intelligent play in the paint, their deficiencies were overlooked due to their strengths in other areas. Now that ZBo has turned into a role player we are left with two bigs that duplicate themselves on the court. If the other ZBO doesn't come back, then adding some athleticism next to Marc will be necessary, or vice versa as we saw tonight when ZBo and DA were playing together.

This game shows that Lionel does not know how to use Players to their strengths unless he is FORCED to. Even in previous games when he plays Conley Bayless backcourt he still has Bayless playing the 1. Throughout his tenure every break through has happened because of circumstances outside of Coach just plain ole making adjustments.

This game shows that our HALFCOURT offense is the problem Zbo and Rudy are not elite ISO scorers so that should not be 75% of the half court set. Rudy handling the ball 30ft from basket is a recipe for disaster and nowadays Zbo cannot impose his will in the low post. He scores 80% of his buckets on putbacks and early feeds to the post before defense is set. I am just about to ready to say that the Hollins,Rudy and Zbo era should come to a close after this last playoff run.

This game shows further proof that Mike Conley is not best used as a ball-dominant halfcourt PG. ALL of our perimeter players thrive in an open fast transition paced game. Mike Conley needs someone to share ball-handling duties with him in the back-court.

D-league player can be a perfect replacement for Wayne Ellington at a fraction of the cost.

I wonder how dangerous we would be letting DA get the start over zbo, zbo should still get his minutes IF he is on (that goes for every player) and him and haddadi can come in every now and then. I know this would NEVER happen but what if

This could be a good source of our offensive woes. When Zach first arrived, it seemed that him and Marc were a bad pairing because of their lack of quickness and athleticism. Although that was true, it was offset by their rebounding and intelligent play in the paint, their deficiencies were overlooked due to their strengths in other areas. Now that ZBo has turned into a role player we are left with two bigs that duplicate themselves on the court. If the other ZBO doesn't come back, then adding some athleticism next to Marc will be necessary, or vice versa as we saw tonight when ZBo and DA were playing together.

Yea i really think we need to find a way to score someone from Utah. I don't care if its Kanter, Favors, or Milsap they are all more athletic than Zbo and can score. But recently it has become even more glaring obvious that both of them play much better when the other is on the bench.