Sign in to follow this  
Dwash

Harden Traded!

They also trade Aldrich and are now counting on Thabeet.

Not that much. Barring injuries i guess they'll run with a big men rotation of Ibaka-Perkins-Collison, and Durant will probably see a few more minutes at the 4.

Not that much. Barring injuries i guess they'll run with a big men rotation of Ibaka-Perkins-Collison, and Durant will probably see a few more minutes at the 4.

Yeah, but come playoff time they might have to face the Warriors (Lee-Bogut), the Lakers (Gasol-Howard) and the Grizzlies (Randolph-Gasol). A spare big body could come handy.

Houston gets marginally better.

OKC gets worse.

From Hardwood Paroxysm on Twitter:

"@HPbasketball: I like how people think that Harden's efficiency and production will be the same when defenses aren't worried about KEVIN MF DURANT and Russ"

And

"@HPbasketball: Harden's not going to get that third best defender anymore. Iguodala, Tony Allen, Luol Deng, THOSE are who he gets now."

Totally agree with him.

As for the Rudy for Tyreke discussion, in my best Ed Lover voice... "Come on, son!"

I'm what the box score fans on this forum would call a Rudy hater, but even I think that trade is going from the penthouse to the outhouse.

I wouldn't mind getting Tyreke and let him run wild on the 2nd unit but that's about the most hope I can have for him.

I think this is VERY good for the Grizzlies. Houston gets better, but not good enough to come anywhere close to us, IMO. The Thunder are losing a HUGE piece to their puzzle though and replacing him with someone who hasn't proven himself as an effective team player.

I may sound crazy, but I think the 2 LA teams are our only legitimate threats now.

I agree...Harden was a Grizzlie killer and will continue to be because we have no one to guard him on the perimeter especially with Durant lurking in the corners....This may be the move that will get us to the Western conference title if Gay plays up to his potential and Conley and Bayliss do their collective things running the floor...I have no doubt the Zbo and Mark will hold up their end.

Still, I would have given Harden the max contract and amnestied that overrated Perkins next year, but that would have made OKC still a little better than the Grizzlies so I approve of the trade.

Harden with 34/5/11 with 4 minutes left. I think the Thunder are kicking themselves right about now.