Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Granttis

Local Investors Reach Deal W/ Pera

I hope we see a pop in ticket sales as so many people have used the lack of local ownership as a reason for not purchasing tickets in the past.

Thank you Staley, Pitt, Barbara, Duncan, Edward and Joe for stepping up to support a major positive in our community.

sounds like Pera needed some cash before his stock plummeted far enough to be traded for food stamps

come on my man.

even you should get tired of the rainy day parade.

you may need to find some new material.

slim.

first sign dealing with Pera may be better than Heisley:

@geoff_calkins

One nuance: It's not that the locals shares can't be diluted, it's that the ROFR can't be diluted away, like it was under the Heisley deal.

When the sale first broke, I wrote that Pera should make a grand gesture -- extend the lease -- and people thought it was preposterous.

That's how big this is. It's gone from preposterous to reality in a couple months.

One of the people who told me it was preposterous: Heisley.

I hope we see a pop in ticket sales as so many people have used the lack of local ownership as a reason for not purchasing tickets in the past.

Thank you Staley, Pitt, Barbara, Duncan, Edward and Joe for stepping up to support a major positive in our community.

Chip, come on, that's not really your first thought. Just express happiness, we all know this is a critically important piece and a huge win for Grizzlies fans and the city.

sounds like Pera needed some cash before his stock plummeted far enough to be traded for food stamps

I have to admit, this had me laughing for several minutes.

Anyway, this news is HUGE!!!! Congrats and thanks to Mr Pera, those that made the deals, and most importantly, congrats and high fives to each and every fan of our beloved Memphis Grizzlies.

This is the best news of the year.

MEMPHIS BELIEVES !!! PERA BELIEVES !!!

Tickets sales have been improving anyhow due to winning. For your average John Doe individual game ticket buyer, winning is the best promotion. Where this is really going to help is in the corporate support. Local companies will be much more likely for corporate packages since the Griz roots now go through some of Memphis finer companies and corporate citizens. Maybe the Neely's will shoot a new commercial and dump the one they've run during the telecasts for the past many seasons. "What about Nashville?'

I bought/was gifted by my wife a pair of 20 game packs in section 107 as a consolation prize for being forced over the 4-0 hurdle this December. Got a party suite for the celebration too. The most I have done before is a pair of mini-packs in 108, but we waited too late and there were no more half-season packs left in 108. In fact, they told me that our 107 purchase was the last available in that section.

The site says that Terrace IV and Plaza IV are sold out; it also seems like there are pretty good numbers in Plaza III also. I have no idea how they split up ticket sales, but I infer from what my rep was saying (and appropriately so) that the best seats in the sections obviously go first, but are still reserved for full season ticket purchasers. We got row 12, so that's definitely heckling distance. I'm pleased to be turning 40! And, this season, health notwithstanding, will be the best on record! GNG!

Maybe I'll get to go to Plaza I when I turn 50! :o

screw ticket sales - we should form a message board trust and become our own local investors partnership. who's with me? B)

Pera's companies stock is up to $10.71. Go Ubiquiti, go! We still need the NBA to approve this deal. Keep those fingers crossed Grizzlies fans.

So when are the Grizzlies leaving? Baskerville Holmes is on the case .. fear not great Memphians....Porperty Taxes will rise and you will be sold a bid of lies.The great team of Memphis ???well it will become another AAA team in the NBA for another city ...GO MONEY...YEA

So when are the Grizzlies leaving? Baskerville Holmes is on the case .. fear not great Memphians....Porperty Taxes will rise and you will be sold a bid of lies.The great team of Memphis ???well it will become another AAA team in the NBA for another city ...GO MONEY...YEA

I guess drunk-posting is better than nobody posting.

i really not long ago when someone argued with me saying that team would leave. how stupid does he sound now, and the reason i say how stupid is because he really believe the team would be gone in 3 to 4 years tops, even with the lease.

Heidi is alive and well. This post may be a higher grade of manure; but it reeks of skunk oil.

Tickets sales have been improving anyhow due to winning. For your average John Doe individual game ticket buyer, winning is the best promotion. Where this is really going to help is in the corporate support. Local companies will be much more likely for corporate packages since the Griz roots now go through some of Memphis finer companies and corporate citizens. Maybe the Neely's will shoot a new commercial and dump the one they've run during the telecasts for the past many seasons. "What about Nashville?'

I hope the NBA approves Pera. I take this Pera/local owner partnership as a positive. I just bought season tickets for the first time. I never attended more than 5 to ten games in the past.