Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smt509

Espn 2012-2013 Nba Player Rankings

Looks like we'll be coming up on Zach soon, then Rudy, then Marc. Tough to guess where they'll be. I'd guess a pretty significant drop for Zach, a slight drop for Rudy, and a slight rise for Marc.

I thought TA had a better year and a bigger impact 2 seasons ago.

Yep. He was the glue that bought the Grizzlies together 2 years ago, but today Insert any good defender in TA's spot (like Pondexter) and we still play good team defense. And hopefully that guy will shoot better.

Yep. He was the glue that bought the Grizzlies together 2 years ago, but today Insert any good defender in TA's spot (like Pondexter) and we still play good team defense. And hopefully that guy will shoot better.

Apparently the knee was still bothering him if the report about the surgery that he just had was true.

Kyle Lowry officially jumps Mike Conley. Lowry 51, to Conley's 65. bogus. That's what difference is when you put a good player on a bad team versus a good player on a good team. The one looks better.

Kyle Lowry officially jumps Mike Conley. Lowry 51, to Conley's 65. bogus. That's what difference is when you put a good player on a bad team versus a good player on a good team. The one looks better.

We've said all along that the two guys are different kinds of players. Lowry is a score-first point guard, Conley is pass first. Plenty of folks around here get really agitated that Conley isn't more of an attacker, doesn't finish at the rim spectacularly, and isn't a shooter, doesn't create his own shot and score with the clock winding down. I can say much of those frustrations are legitimate. And Lowry has come along better than I think most people expected, really being able to light it up at times, and he's turned into a very, very good player, which I, for one, absolutely did not expect. But, Conley has done well too.

What's interesting is that the point guards Conley is around are Lowry, John Wall, Brandon Jennings, Conley, then Tyreke Evans, Jrue Holiday and Jeremy Lin. I'm not sure we'd want any of those guys straight up for Conley right now other than maybe John Wall.

Interesting.

Monta Ellis at 46

Bogut at 45

Jefferson at 44

Stoudemire at 43

ZBO was ahead of all 4. Rubio, Lawson, Monroe and Ryan Anderson also fall below ZBO.

41 and 42 still have yet to be announced.

ZBO was a top 20 player so sliding all the way to 40s would be harsh. just because of injury. Brook Lopez only played 5 games last season and was Extremely overrated and yet his ranking stayed about the same this year. therefore ZBO's ranking will likely again be in the top25. but that's not factoring in the bias of brooklyn compared to memphis so don't be surprised if he gets dissed and put somewhere in the 30s this year.

Keep in mind they had Blake Griffin as #10 on this list last year. ZBO has always been a significantly better player than Griffin. I don't think Griffin will be as good as ZBO in his prime but that's just me. it's partially a popularity contest keep that in mind. But If girffin is #10 ZBO is going to be right behind him somewhere a few spots down.

Monroe and Anderson did not "fall below ZBO" they have never been anywhere near his plane of existence. Those are low-level ninjas as Shaquille O'Neal would say.

ZBO was a top 20 player so sliding all the way to 40s would be harsh. just because of injury. Brook Lopez only played 5 games last season and was Extremely overrated and yet his ranking stayed about the same this year. therefore ZBO's ranking will likely again be in the top25. but that's not factoring in the bias of brooklyn compared to memphis so don't be surprised if he gets dissed and put somewhere in the 30s this year.

Keep in mind they had Blake Griffin as #10 on this list last year. ZBO has always been a significantly better player than Griffin. I don't think Griffin will be as good as ZBO in his prime but that's just me. it's partially a popularity contest keep that in mind. But If girffin is #10 ZBO is going to be right behind him somewhere a few spots down.

Monroe and Anderson did not "fall below ZBO" they have never been anywhere near his plane of existence. Those are low-level ninjas as Shaquille O'Neal would say.

Who do you think the highest rated Grizzly will be Rudy, Z-BO, Or Marc?

Gordon is 38th, and he played all of 9 games last season. He moved up from 39.

Can espn embarrass itself any more so than it has with this stupid, f-ing list?

Gordon is 38th, and he played all of 9 games last season. He moved up from 39.

Can espn embarrass itself any more so than it has with this stupid, f-ing list?

So far, the highest ranked player who is clearly ranked much too high is Luol Deng.

So far, the highest ranked player who is clearly ranked much too high is Luol Deng.

I don't get how a player (Gordon) who missed 57 games last season, played on a cellar dweller, and has never been to the playoffs improved his player ranking. Meanwhile, every other player who missed significant time or the entire season in some cases fell in the player rankings, often significantly. DA and Jeff Green come to mind. Further, Manta Ellis put up similar numbers on a better team for a full season, but his ranking fell. I could go on, but it's a waste of time.

As for Deng, I don't have a problem with his year to year ranking. He was an all star in the East on the top regular season team, and without Rose, he was the best player on the Bulls. I can see why his ranking went up.

I haven't seen entire list, but Ibaka is way too high in my view.

Also, these ranking are about "reputation." Again, "star power" still counts more than actual productivity. As you all have pointed out, players with injuries retained some of their rankings because of pure reputation. OJ Mayo who has "star pedigree" was actually garbage in the playoffs, but essentially held his position/slightly increased it. ZBo's drop is plainly because of perception. Fair on not, it is what it is. Thank goodness this is not college football.

If some of you caught it, you could pretty much tell who would be the highest rated player on each team just by looking at the team roster.

They had Marc at the top, then Rudy, ZBo, Conley, TA, etc, etc. So, I pretty much already knew the order, just didn't know where they would land. Just a heads up, even though its almost over. :lol:

I don't get how a player (Gordon) who missed 57 games last season, played on a cellar dweller, and has never been to the playoffs improved his player ranking.

While I don't agree with it, I think it's plain and simple. I've been saying this since the CP3 trade went down... the fact that he was the tangible return for the Hornets in that trade seriously inflated his value among fans and the media. Imo, he is not nearly the "star in the making" that he's being made out to be. He is a talented player, don't get me wrong, but people seriously overrate this guy. Factor in his size and the durability concerns, and it's pretty alarming that he got a max deal.

I don't have a problem with EG either. I'm just questing the logic of the list.

I agree with NewSkool. The list is a fairly accurate reflection of "reputation" not so much performance.

Who do you think the highest rated Grizzly will be Rudy, Z-BO, Or Marc?

we all know it's Marc Gasol. he was the allstar last year.

I just saw yesterday's unveiling. Rudy Gay and ZBO got ******!!!!!!!!!

how can Paul Pierce be ranked ahead of Rudy Gay?

that is a lifetime achievement award not a player ranking.

Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Pau Gasol, Tim Duncan, LeMarcus Aldridge, Chris Bosh, Kevin Garnett, Al Horford all ranked ahead of ZBO.