Sign in to follow this  
CoachHesam

Oj Mayo Says Goodbye To Grizz & Hello To Mavericks

:lol: I'm not scared of OJ and the Mavs as nearly as scared of Greivis Vasquez and the Hornets. If Davis pans out (although he looks like an angry bird or a muppet baby on acid), and Eric Gordon catches fire - they are a deadly squad. Ryan Anderson plays a bit like Pau and ZBO but even better shooter. They could be next clippers quicker than lickity spit.

If he finds happiness in Dallas then watch out. I'm a Grizz fan first but, I definitely wouldn't be upset to see him torch Tony Allen or anyone else on the team when they play us just to spite some of the people who think he's a scrub.

Good luck Juice and Go Grizz

Sounds like a real Grizzlies fan.

I was watching Austin Rivers draft analysis then I found they compare him to OJ and Bayless...

#!

I blieve this is a very funny comparasion since we get one to replace the other...just give more credit to the FO move.

It still hurts me that we didn't trade Mayo to Indiana. Would Kawai Leonard and Brandon Rush (along with a big) not complete this bench? Imagine that depth? All matchups are covered. Big man, Mo, DA, Leonard, QP, Rush, Wroten, Selby, Bayless. I know Rush had to be resigned, but if we had of gotten the pick and taken Leonard, then we would have been a lot less inclined to sign Cunningham, whose money could be used on Rush. Oh well.

It still hurts me that we didn't trade Mayo to Indiana. Would Kawai Leonard and Brandon Rush (along with a big) not complete this bench? Imagine that depth? All matchups are covered. Big man, Mo, DA, Leonard, QP, Rush, Wroten, Selby, Bayless. I know Rush had to be resigned, but if we had of gotten the pick and taken Leonard, then we would have been a lot less inclined to sign Cunningham, whose money could be used on Rush. Oh well.

where are you coming up with Kawai Leonard? Brandon Rush is 1/16th the player that OJ Mayo is/was.

It was McRoberts plus the 15th pick in which he's assuming that we would've taking Leonard..

It was McRoberts plus the 15th pick in which he's assuming that we would've taking Leonard..

I thought I had heard the Rush was available. I don't see why he wouldn't have been, since they traded him for nothing (Amundson) a few months later.

Regardless of the details, we should have gotten a couple of bench players/picks for OJ since we knew he wasn't going to be resigned.

I thought I had heard the Rush was available. I don't see why he wouldn't have been, since they traded him for nothing (Amundson) a few months later.

Regardless of the details, we should have gotten a couple of bench players/picks for OJ since we knew he wasn't going to be resigned.

So the Grizzlies messed up before the playoffs by not trying to put the best team on the court to make a run in the playoffs?

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess but if any of these deals now being discussed had been pulled prior to the trade deadline people would have said the Grizzlies weren't trying to win now and castigated the franchise for being cheap.

So the Grizzlies messed up before the playoffs by not trying to put the best team on the court to make a run in the playoffs?

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess but if any of these deals now being discussed had been pulled prior to the trade deadline people would have said the Grizzlies weren't trying to win now and castigated the franchise for being cheap.

Well maybe others would have but not me. But the time to trade him was last off-season after the first failed attempt. It's been pretty clear for a year and a half that they weren't going to resign him and a guy who averaged 18 in his first two seasons and was a #3 pick is too big of an asset for a small franchise to let go for nothing. You don't agree with that?

Yes they did. The core players would have made a playoff run without OJ and they would have got something for him instead of him just leaving for nothing.

Donnie Nelson and Carlisle said Mayo could play the 1 or 2 when they signed him

okay that makes sense why he chose them over the Suns who could have offered more money but have PGs Dragic and Marshall.

If you are going to go with the hindsight route, then do it right. Heisley should have stuck it out in Canada. The team would be worth more and they'd be packing the fans in.

Well in all fairness the team apparently DID try to pull off several OJ Mayo trades in those times and I for one was VERY HAPPY they failed to pull them off. I'd take a couple extra months of MAYO and let him walk than to acquire scrubs. The only trade I wanted was Taj Gibson for Mayo but Chicago never took the bait. Now they're up **** creek.

If you are going to go with the hindsight route, then do it right. Heisley should have stuck it out in Canada. The team would be worth more and they'd be packing the fans in.

There really is no "hindsight" about this....the FO NEVER showed any real interest in retaining Mayo for the long haul. If you know that he wasn't going to be re-signed since February 2011, trade him.

Well maybe others would have but not me. But the time to trade him was last off-season after the first failed attempt. It's been pretty clear for a year and a half that they weren't going to resign him and a guy who averaged 18 in his first two seasons and was a #3 pick is too big of an asset for a small franchise to let go for nothing. You don't agree with that?

I was for trading Mayo the day after we acquired him. I was against the first trade (although I do recognize that Z-Bo wouldn't be here if we hadn't done that deal). We also wouldn't have drafted Thabeet if we didn't have the deal for Z-Bo in the works.

I have no problem with people saying we should have tried to trade him earlier. I am against the idea that they should have done any deal just to unload him before the trade deadline. At the trade deadline this year no one was offering anything for Mayo worth taking which is why the Grizzlies preferred to keep him and free up the salary this summer to go after someone else rather than accept a bad contract which would tie the team's hands this summer.

I was for trading Mayo the day after we acquired him. I was against the first trade (although I do recognize that Z-Bo wouldn't be here if we hadn't done that deal). We also wouldn't have drafted Thabeet if we didn't have the deal for Z-Bo in the works.

I have no problem with people saying we should have tried to trade him earlier. I am against the idea that they should have done any deal just to unload him before the trade deadline. At the trade deadline this year no one was offering anything for Mayo worth taking which is why the Grizzlies preferred to keep him and free up the salary this summer to go after someone else rather than accept a bad contract which would tie the team's hands this summer.

Oh yeah, definetely. By the time the trade deadline had come, his value had been crapped by this 6th man stuff that he clearly wasn't suited for and a role that he struggled in. The year before last year and off-season 2011, teams probably still had memories of his starting days where he averaged 18 ppg.

OJ will easily be replaced, I wish him well but OJ did nothing particularly well out their with us, he just never accepted his role...with Dallas OJ might average about 18 with the maverick's because who else do they got other than Dirk and I also think his confidence would be completely restored, so OJ would do just fine he just didn't fit our team

Oh yeah, definetely. By the time the trade deadline had come, his value had been crapped by this 6th man stuff that he clearly wasn't suited for and a role that he struggled in. The year before last year and off-season 2011, teams probably still had memories of his starting days where he averaged 18 ppg.

That would be the year they tried to trade him for Josh McRoberts and Brandon Rush I believe. Trade deadline came to quick to pull it off and by the off-season McRoberts was a free agent and the financial incentive for the deal was gone.

It's about time everyone admits that Mayo didn't have the lure around the league people think he should have had.

That would be the year they tried to trade him for Josh McRoberts and Brandon Rush I believe. Trade deadline came to quick to pull it off and by the off-season McRoberts was a free agent and the financial incentive for the deal was gone.

It's about time everyone admits that Mayo didn't have the lure around the league people think he should have had.

The trade was McRoberts and a 15 pick (which Indy used on Kawai Leonard and traded him for George Hill). I'm sure Rush could have been had because Indiana gave him away pretty freely a few months later. I don't think he could have pulled a great haul or anything even at his peak value, but a couple of picks/bench players would have been nice.