Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin B Moses

I Think We Need To Face The Facts: Zbo Isn't Going To Beast Mode Any Time Soon.

51 posts in this topic

if i recall correctly, OJ was on the team last year, and he failed to lead us to the promise land against OKC. you remember, when they doubled zach, and oj couldn't throw it in the ocean.

Your wrong. OJ played great last year in the playoffs, especially against okc. It was sam young, mike conley, basically everyone else that couldn't "throw it in the ocean"

... heck we even have someone comparing OJ Mayo to Batman.

Which Batman? Bale (the best so far), Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney or West? :D:ph34r:

This message board is really becoming a joke.

It's gone from a great place to have discussions about the team to something resembling a bad soap opera. We have people creating multiple topics complaining and worrying about things when the team is doing great, we have people saying the Grizzlies organization is discriminating against certain players, heck we even have someone comparing OJ Mayo to Batman.

I think it may be time for me to cut back on my activity around here. I love the Grizz, but there's just too much drama on this website.

I think it all went downhill when staff moved the Samuel L. Jackson thread to trade forum, more than a year after it was started. Also, Thabeet isn't around to pile on, so that limits the thread quantity, and of course, the team is winning more than half of its games, so that there is less to gripe about (although, people try). Plus, trade deadline has passed, so there goes those threads.

Man, does anybody believe that this Steve Nash or 2002 Sacramento Kings style offense is going to go anywhere in the playoffs? I sure don't. We were unique from the rest of the league when we made a point to pound it into the paint which kept turnovers and bad shots to a minimum. Now we are just another team playing like everybody else, just with a little more talent most teams and struggling to be consistent offensively.

The time to go back to Zbo is now, even if it costs us a few games.

I really think he is doing this on purpose. It's the stuff Kobe used to pull. You think I'm in the way and shooting too much? Well then I won't shoot anything.

Zach weight loss worked against him. He has never been quick, but his extra weight and strength made him a bruiser down low.

People forgot that Zach was playing sub par basketball before his injury happened early in the season, he is on the decline.

hmmm this is actually making some sense..zbo is notbullying at all and he is becoming such a liability on the court that it is difficult to find time for him to get reintegrated with the team. he really has me concerned as well

hmmm this is actually making some sense..zbo is notbullying at all and he is becoming such a liability on the court that it is difficult to find time for him to get reintegrated with the team. he really has me concerned as well

It's not the weight, you can fight 20 lbs. lighter. He just doesn't seem to be in the fight at all, one thing is fighting and losing, the other is running away from the fight.

I really think he is doing this on purpose. It's the stuff Kobe used to pull. You think I'm in the way and shooting too much? Well then I won't shoot anything.

I'm wondering if it wasn't something arranged with Lionel. Midway through the second quarter, there was a time out and Eric Hasseltine described Lionel coming out to meet the team with a smile on his face after three terrible offensive possessions. Eric was wondering why he was smiling.

Well, how do you explain Zach Randolph getting 13 rebounds, albeit only two offensive, but still only taking two shots in 23 minutes of time on the court? Either no one was getting Zach the ball (belied by his three assists) or he was passing up shots that he would normally take. If he was having a bad game, Lionel has shown he is not afraid to use the hook, even with Zach. So, maybe Lionel decided "how better to embarrass the players who are wanting to just chuck up shots than just let them have their way in a game against somebody that should not beat you, unless you can't make shots."

Long range shooting is a streaky business, and after being so hot last night, people were bound to cool off, and cool off in a major way they did. Even worse, this was before a national televised audience. Rudy performed, Marc was performing until he got hurt, Mo Speights was doing okay. Zach was a rebounding machine. But our perimeter players, other than Arenas, blew it, and blew it big.

O.J. played 27 minutes, a good chunk of that at point. How's this stat line: 11 points, 3 of 12 from the field (0 for 7 from three), 5 of 8 from the line, 4 rebounds, two assists, one steal and six turnovers? I doubt lilojmayo is crowing tonight.

Mike had a bad night shooting (1 of 8), with no steals. Tony was a non-factor, and Quincy wasn't much better.

Something makes me think that our interior game will see much more opportunities come Tuesday night in Minneapolis.

Personally, I thought something changed when the season began.

The viciousness inside was gone for Z-bo.

yes, he was piling up the stats but its like New York Z-bo and not Memphis Z-bo.

I want to go on record now and say: ZBO will be starting in the playoffs and he WILL be in "BEAST MODE" !!!!!

If i am wrong than you can all send me a plate of crow.

I'm wondering if it wasn't something arranged with Lionel. Midway through the second quarter, there was a time out and Eric Hasseltine described Lionel coming out to meet the team with a smile on his face after three terrible offensive possessions. Eric was wondering why he was smiling.

Well, how do you explain Zach Randolph getting 13 rebounds, albeit only two offensive, but still only taking two shots in 23 minutes of time on the court? Either no one was getting Zach the ball (belied by his three assists) or he was passing up shots that he would normally take. If he was having a bad game, Lionel has shown he is not afraid to use the hook, even with Zach. So, maybe Lionel decided "how better to embarrass the players who are wanting to just chuck up shots than just let them have their way in a game against somebody that should not beat you, unless you can't make shots."

Long range shooting is a streaky business, and after being so hot last night, people were bound to cool off, and cool off in a major way they did. Even worse, this was before a national televised audience. Rudy performed, Marc was performing until he got hurt, Mo Speights was doing okay. Zach was a rebounding machine. But our perimeter players, other than Arenas, blew it, and blew it big.

O.J. played 27 minutes, a good chunk of that at point. How's this stat line: 11 points, 3 of 12 from the field (0 for 7 from three), 5 of 8 from the line, 4 rebounds, two assists, one steal and six turnovers? I doubt lilojmayo is crowing tonight.

Mike had a bad night shooting (1 of 8), with no steals. Tony was a non-factor, and Quincy wasn't much better.

Something makes me think that our interior game will see much more opportunities come Tuesday night in Minneapolis.

From the time Zach entered the game at about the five minute mark in the third, until we put in our scrubs, the Hornets out-scored us by 12. There was a brief respite, with a flurry of six points in a row from Rudy Gay, but otherwise the Hornets killed us down the stretch.

The Hornets beat us by scoring 29 and 26 points in the third and the fourth. After a first half in which our offense failed, our defense also failed in the second.

Zach didn't play any defense at all, which is inexcusable, and we didn't ride Rudy, who was the hottest hand on the court. Rudy was the best player on either team tonight and we went away from him. He missed a three because Zach gave him such a poor he couldn't go up in a fluid motion, the only jumper I think he missed in the second half. He missed a difficult layup. He got clobbered on an offensive rebound that got ruled a turnover for traveling. Otherwise, he was incredible in the second half. But we didn't ride him.

So, was Hollins cool not only with Zach taking back seat on offense to prove a point, but also his horrible play on defense? That doesn't sound right at all. And otherwise, why didn't we ride Rudy? To prove to Mayo that he's not going to be hot every night?

I can't figure out what happened tonight either. The players didn't show up for most of the game, obviously. Once that was clear, I could be convinced that Tony Allen is being given a last chance to prove he hasn't lost all of his magic. I really felt like tonight, if Tony wasn't in the game, the Hornets don't get away from us. I could also be convinced that Zach was left in the game down the stretch to make clear his defensive shortcomings.

Hollins' head down in his hands late in the game said a lot, but I'm not sure what. He was obviously frustrated, but by what specifically I don't know. It was all just so strange tonight.

I want to go on record now and say: ZBO will be starting in the playoffs and he WILL be in "BEAST MODE" !!!!!

If i am wrong than you can all send me a plate of crow.

AMEN brother.....at least somebody has a litte faith! I'm with you.

zbo is just fighting mentally, and, frankly, is losing right now.

i think he'll be alright come time.

the key is gasol. we have to have good news today sports fans.

slim.

Maybe Gasol missing a few games is a good thing. Get Zbo back in the lineup and get him involved. Plus Hollins doesn't have to swallow his pride and give in to what Zbo wants.

Cause I really know attitude when I see it. Z-bo standing on the three point line while Rudy is fighting in the paint. The way he grabbed his two offensive rebounds and instead of looking to score one-on-one, he did a pitch out to Rudy and/or OJ. It was the way he did it. It wasn't a normal pass out, but an underhand pitch like to say "here, you shoot it, yall been shooting everything else and I'm out the way" They were very suttle messages, but that was attitude last night. Nothing less.

And frankly, I don't blame him. Hollins has let Rudy and OJ have too much reign. We need one to always be aggressive, but not both. It should be Zbo and Rudy as the one-two.

If that fact you insist me to face, I decline

Maybe Gasol's sore knee will help Z-Bo step into the void and regain his role on the team.

there's just too much drama on this website.

You've come a long way in just a year. You used to BE the drama ;)

You've come a long way in just a year. You used to BE the drama ;)

:D:D

Maybe Gasol missing a few games is a good thing. Get Zbo back in the lineup and get him involved. Plus Hollins doesn't have to swallow his pride and give in to what Zbo wants.

Cause I really know attitude when I see it. Z-bo standing on the three point line while Rudy is fighting in the paint. The way he grabbed his two offensive rebounds and instead of looking to score one-on-one, he did a pitch out to Rudy and/or OJ. It was the way he did it. It wasn't a normal pass out, but an underhand pitch like to say "here, you shoot it, yall been shooting everything else and I'm out the way" They were very suttle messages, but that was attitude last night. Nothing less.

And frankly, I don't blame him. Hollins has let Rudy and OJ have too much reign. We need one to always be aggressive, but not both. It should be Zbo and Rudy as the one-two.

Well that jives with what Grizz beat writer Ron Ron Tillery said. He said Zach's actions on the court and his "non aggressive, I will just get out of y'all's way" attitude last night was deliberate--Ron's term not mine.

It appears Lionel has a chemistry problem if this is true. and this is not the time for that.

To be honest, we need to win our last 6 and NOT limp into the playoffs. I know Marc will rest some but the caliber of competition should allow for us to win provided we play well--not lights out great, but just play well. Last night we play awful and if we do that again, we will get beat again.

I believe that Zach has watched how OJ got moved to the bench last year and is now permanently entrenched there. I completely believe that Zach is determined for that not to happen to him. He hears and see the pressers with Lionel where Lionel says how much he likes Zach coming off the bench. The way Zach may see it is that if he starts to kick arse and take names, it will prove Lionel right and he will be entrenched on the bench just like Juice.

Zach has heard the thinking that if Speights doesnt start, he fades into the woodwork so Lionel continues to start him. Well Zach starts to think, if I start to fade into the woodwork, maybe I will get my starting job back.

This has the potential to be a real problem. But since Marc is out for a bit, Zach needs to start. It doesnt look like Lionel is giving into him BUT Zach needs to produce. He needs to be aggressive and he needs to play well. If he does, its a win win proposition.

Zach as a focal point and in the starting lineup is a proven playoff winning combination. Speights starting and Zach coming off the bench is not.

Maybe Gasol's sore knee will help Z-Bo step into the void and regain his role on the team.

Maybe, I'm all over optimist, Gasol will be a day to day Zbo wil get into the start lineup and OJ will get back on track (was just a off game), Rudy will continue to show another level of game and we will be dangerous on the playoffs. Mark it.

Maybe, I'm all over optimist, Gasol will be a day to day Zbo wil get into the start lineup and OJ will get back on track (was just a off game), Rudy will continue to show another level of game and we will be dangerous on the playoffs. Mark it.

bic-mark-it.jpg