Sign in to follow this  
lilojmayo

Oj Mayo The Best Sg In The Nba 2012-2013?

o-j-mayo-nick-collison-2012-4-2-22-11-1.jpg

I just saw this in another forum.

Kobe/Wade are on the decline

Harden is going to be a 6th man still

Monta got exposed as a buck

Joe Johnson is not going to get better.

Eric Gordon is injury prone

You give OJ Mayo 40 minutes , 20 FGAs,and PG time. Him finally being the best ( consensus wise) in within his talent spectrum.

Dam you jinxed him.

You ever had an ex that you upgraded from? Well OJ has upgraded from you so don't jump back on the bandwagon when he's doing good.

a sign that any player, including OJ, is the "best" at anything in the NBA is consistency. OJ's inconsistency has been, at least for me, the most frustrating aspect of his game.

OJ's talent, especially on the offensive end, is without question. He has been touted as a "baller" since the 8th grade, but OJ has been up and down, down and up, down down down, a little bit up, down again, and then way up up up.

This is what has frustrated me so much about Juice. We all can see what he CAN do. We just want him TO DO it. And it just baffles many of us when he goes 2 for 15 from the field and misses numerous 3pointers. We all know he can make all of those shots. We all know he flat out "ball."

Here is to OJ keeping it going. He was great in the last 2 games. Just keep it up and do it for maybe..say... 5 whole games before we anoint him the best shooting guard in the NBA. LOL Just kidding, but seriously, let him become more consistent and Im sure he is going to sign a really nice contract with somebody after the season ends.

a sign that any player, including OJ, is the "best" at anything in the NBA is consistency. OJ's inconsistency has been, at least for me, the most frustrating aspect of his game.

OJ's talent, especially on the offensive end, is without question. He has been touted as a "baller" since the 8th grade, but OJ has been up and down, down and up, down down down, a little bit up, down again, and then way up up up.

This is what has frustrated me so much about Juice. We all can see what he CAN do. We just want him TO DO it. And it just baffles many of us when he goes 2 for 15 from the field and misses numerous 3pointers. We all know he can make all of those shots. We all know he flat out "ball."

Here is to OJ keeping it going. He was great in the last 2 games. Just keep it up and do it for maybe..say... 5 whole games before we anoint him the best shooting guard in the NBA. LOL Just kidding, but seriously, let him become more consistent and Im sure he is going to sign a really nice contract with somebody after the season ends.

this pretty much sums it up perfectly.

post of the month...

slim.

The corollary is that OJ won't get anywhere close to 40 minutes on a regular basis in any team unless he shows that kind of consistency.

You give OJ Mayo 40 minutes , 20 FGAs,and PG time. Him finally being the best ( consensus wise) in within his talent spectrum.

i thought you and oj broke up?

He has no where to go but up. He was so horrible during last months stretch he was almost useless. If he continues to play this way, no doubt he will get paid.

It's topics like this that make this message board a very unpleasant place to be.

I knew the whole "I hate OJ!" thing was an act. This is probably an act too though. Whatever gets attention I guess...

Kobe went 3-21 two games ago and he missed his first 15 shots of the game. The game before that Kobe went 7-25, and three games before that he went 5-17, but no one is calling Kobe inconsistent. I understand that Kobe is more consistent than OJ has been this season, but OJ proved he can be pretty consistent his first two seasons when he averaged 18 PPG. Also, OJ is a much better player now than he was in his first two seasons, so I don't see why he couldn't become consistent again as a starter for the grizzlies or for another team.

Lilojmayo, what other forum did you see this in?

Lilojmayo... you're very close to Juice, can you tell me what model of Nike shoes he wears these days? Thanks.

Dont lie, you know you wrote it!

I agree here... OJ has the talent to become one of the best guards in the league... its up to him... but I don't think will be next year...next year he will explode as the best sixthman in the league... maybe he can fight throught get back a starting spot but the things are working so well right now that I don't see any reason to change... one thing is for sure he is making a big impact and should play around those 30 minutes that everybody on the starting lineup plays on a consistent basis.

It's topics like this that make this message board a very unpleasant place to be.

I knew the whole "I hate OJ!" thing was an act. This is probably an act too though. Whatever gets attention I guess...

I find it hilarious and entertaining.

OJ Mayo's per 36 ssince he decided to play to his talent level is about 25 ppg 4 apg.

That's the Juice Mayo for you,, he getting ready for playoff mode.

OJ Mayo's per 36 ssince he decided to play to his talent level is about 25 ppg 4 apg.

That's the Juice Mayo for you,, he getting ready for playoff mode.

I hope he keep up... it will be difficult since he is playing out of his mind the last couple of games but he has the talent to make it.

OJ has struggled to be consistent because his role in Memphis has changed every season along with his minutes.

When his role and minutes are consistent, so is his play.

OJ has struggled to be consistent because his role in Memphis has changed every season along with his minutes.

When his role and minutes are consistent, so is his play.

That's true but he has never consistently been among the top SGs in the league.

Dont lie, you know you wrote it!

Actually, if liloj and i browse the same forum, someone mentioned OJ being a top 5 SG. Maybe that's where he got it from.

He ain't the best.

He ain't the worst.

He's prolly 2nd or 3rd best off the bench (Harden, Manu(depending on what position one considers Manu))

He could start for most lotto teams and would be " the man" for the Bobkittens or Whizzers.

And he's young enough to pull it all together with consistency ....... HOPEFULLY, he'll figure that out.

I doubt it'll be here in Memphis and that's unfortunate, because I do like him on the team.

Since Randolph has come back and for the moment accepted his bench assignment ..... OJ has accepted his, and has been better and more consistent. Anyone else see this?

He ain't the best.

He ain't the worst.

He's prolly 2nd or 3rd best off the bench (Harden, Manu(depending on what position one considers Manu))

He could start for most lotto teams and would be " the man" for the Bobkittens or Whizzers.

And he's young enough to pull it all together with consistency ....... HOPEFULLY, he'll figure that out.

I doubt it'll be here in Memphis and that's unfortunate, because I do like him on the team.

Since Randolph has come back and for the moment accepted his bench assignment ..... OJ has accepted his, and has been better and more consistent. Anyone else see this?

I wonder if anyone will offer him more than his qualifying offer?

He's scheduled to make $7.4 million next season from his qualifying offer. If the Grizzlies offer him that he may take it.

I wonder if anyone will offer him more than his qualifying offer?

He's scheduled to make $7.4 million next season from his qualifying offer. If the Grizzlies offer him that he may take it.

this idea is starting to look shakey at best

here are a few sg's id take over mayo (in no particular order)

1 rodney stuckey

2.jarrd bayless

3.d wade at 40 yrs old

4. kobe at 45

5. manu (nah refuse to root for this guy)

5. jason terry

6. j harden

7. the guy who starts in front of harden

8. marcus thornton