Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AnOJMayoStan

Would you guys trade Rudy Gay/OJ Mayo for Carmelo Anthony?

33 posts in this topic

I don't see why people call Melo a superstar. He's an elite scorer who's a black hole and brings nothing else to the table. All other superstars excel in multiple facets of the game.

Really it's the media that defines who the superstars are these days. So in concern to the media, Melo is definitely a superstar.

Is he a superstar talent, though? You have a point here. Elite scorer. Nothing else he does is above average.

That said, I still trade Rudy and Mayo for Melo. Mayo's likely gone after this year anyways. So the question I ask is, who would I rather have for the next 4 seasons, Rudy or Melo? I take Melo.

I'd do that trade. I'm as big a homer as anyone, but some of you guys are taking homerism to a whole new level here.

Zach Randolph has a $71 million dollar contract for 4 years, $5 million of which is unlikely to be even earned, as said by Wells. Carmelo is due for a $65 million extension in 3 years, by the 2014-2015 season, he'll be getting $23.5 million, terrible for a small market team's flexibility. Wouldn't necessarily say he wouldn't work here. But I hate Rudy's contract, I hate his contract even way more.

I wouldn't take Anthony for free. We'd never win anything with him.

Good point.

I was surprised to see my post there; I'd forgotten it.

But I stand by it, provided it refers to last year's Anthony.

Somehow he grew up this year.