Sign in to follow this  
memphian901

Grizz Path To The Playoffs (Updated 04/26/12)

I initially started this thread over at "The Grindhouse", but thought I'd share it here as well ... haven't been here in a while, but thought we'd put something like this up ...

I'll update the OP, periodically, as the season goes on ...

As of: 04/26/12, here are the Western Conference standings and the GRIZZLIES path to the playoffs.

33ym3dj.jpg

Games remaining: 0 games (0 home games, 0 away games) - schedule here: http://espn.go.com/n...mem&season=2012

I'll update the OP, periodically, as the season goes on ...

the last 8 games definitely look winnable ...

Apr. 14 Utah

Apr. 15 at New Orleans

Apr. 17 at Minnesota

Apr. 18 New Orleans

Apr. 20 at Charlotte

Apr. 21 Portland

Apr. 23 Cleveland

Apr. 26 Orlando

nice to have the last 3 at home as well.

I will update this thread once tonight's and tomorrow's games are over ... hopefully PHI is ****** off and takes it out on HOU tonight!!! ;)

Is that the chick who went all ballistic on the Grizz last year after every loss, talked all bad about the players and team and then apologized the next day? I can't remember her name. Haven't been here all year.

Apr. 14 Utah

Apr. 15 at New Orleans

Apr. 17 at Minnesota

Apr. 18 New Orleans

Apr. 20 at Charlotte

Apr. 21 Portland

Apr. 23 Cleveland

Apr. 26 Orlando

Great post, and yes the last 3 games at home is going to be VERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Apr. 14 Utah

Apr. 15 at New Orleans

Apr. 17 at Minnesota

Apr. 18 New Orleans

Apr. 20 at Charlotte

Apr. 21 Portland

Apr. 23 Cleveland

Apr. 26 Orlando

8 games in 12 days is difficult if you are playing D-League teams.

Is that the chick who went all ballistic on the Grizz last year after every loss, talked all bad about the players and team and then apologized the next day? I can't remember her name. Haven't been here all year.

The poster's name referenced in "lilgregmonre"s signature is "thunder thighs".

Don't know what he/she/it user name was last year.

Spurs beat the Nuggets tonight. Nuggets now 18-17. As of tonight Portland takes their place for the #8 spot in the Western Conference play- off race.

Grizz are at #7 ..... 1 game ahead of Portland. ..... Go GRIZZ! 19-15 and rolling!

The poster's name referenced in "lilgregmonre"s signature is "thunder thighs".

Don't know what he/she/it user name was last year.

GrizzGal8

Denver and Utah are in a tailspin (hopefully enough to last after the ASG break), and there starts to be some separation among the playoff contenders in the West. Minny is looking up and they will upset some big name teams, but I think they'll ultimately fall short. We're still in a very good position to compete for home court advantage.

Denver and Utah are in a tailspin (hopefully enough to last after the ASG break), and there starts to be some separation among the playoff contenders in the West. Minny is looking up and they will upset some big name teams, but I think they'll ultimately fall short. We're still in a very good position to compete for home court advantage.

Wouldn't we have to win the southwest for homecourt?

Wouldn't we have to win the southwest for homecourt?

As long as all three division winners and us make it into the top 4 we'd have homecourt advantage in the first round, I think

As long as all three division winners and us make it into the top 4 we'd have homecourt advantage in the first round, I think

The way I understood the new rules it works like this.

The Grizzlies only need to be one of the top 4 records in the conference to have home court advantage in the first round. However seeds are determined by the division winners and the next best record in the conference.

As an example, if San Antonio wins the Southwest division but finished with the 5th best record in the conference the Spurs would be the 4th seed but the 5th seed (the team with the better record) would have home court advantage in the 1st round.

home court advantage doesnt mean 2 ****s in the NBA. All that matters is being number 1. Not happening this season. But we have to stay competitive. Fight hard for that #2 seed and all is well. Just want to play an inferior opponent round 1 so we have a decent shot at round2. then enjoy being swept by the OKC at their home and ours - DOES NOT MATTER. They could play in Puerto Rico.

jimmora.jpg

I remember a "grizzgal" last year who would torch the Grizz sometimes

I think we have a way easier schedule compared to Denver and Houston.

I hope so, especially Houston. I have grown to "not like" OKC a lot but it is because they are so good and I believe they get special prima donna treatment by the media and thus the refs at times.

But I just simply cannot stand Houston. They are flopping punks who I really hope have a brutal second half schedule.

I dont like OKC, but I can respect the fact that they are really really good, better than last year unfortunately,BUT Houston----flopping punks. I hope they lose every game they play.

Can you tell that I dont like Houston?? Well I really dont.

I hope so, especially Houston. I have grown to "not like" OKC a lot but it is because they are so good and I believe they get special prima donna treatment by the media and thus the refs at times.

But I just simply cannot stand Houston. They are flopping punks who I really hope have a brutal second half schedule.

I dont like OKC, but I can respect the fact that they are really really good, better than last year unfortunately,BUT Houston----flopping punks. I hope they lose every game they play.

Can you tell that I dont like Houston?? Well I really dont.

How about Lowry grabbing his face and falling to the ground when MC11 barely (if at all) grazed him.