Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lilojmayo

Official: OJ Mayo is a Bust

lot of people talking about wanting consistency and then we sign someone who's more inconsistent in Bayless

Yea he may be just as inconsistent a shooter but he can atleast dribble the ball and is way better at attacking the basket and drawing fouls, which is a dimension Mayo never had. I like Mayo and hate to seem like im tearing him down but his Name was more of a threat to score than his actual jumpshot. He thrived because of his reputation on offense moreso than production. Bayless has the much needed Point Guard skills so even if his shot isn't dropping he can still contribute by giving Conley rest. Besides Bayless costs us 3 mil vs OJ's 7 mil (QO) so i can live with the 1% less shot consistency.

Yea he may be just as inconsistent a shooter but he can atleast dribble the ball and is way better at attacking the basket and drawing fouls, which is a dimension Mayo never had. I like Mayo and hate to seem like im tearing him down but his Name was more of a threat to score than his actual jumpshot. He thrived because of his reputation on offense moreso than production. Bayless has the much needed Point Guard skills so even if his shot isn't dropping he can still contribute by giving Conley rest. Besides Bayless costs us 3 mil vs OJ's 7 mil (QO) so i can live with the 1% less shot consistency.

Yep, the ball handling skills is very much a plus. If we still had Mayo I would make J Selby backup Conley and start Mayo SG but that's not an option now is it.

Yep, the ball handling skills is very much a plus. If we still had Mayo I would make J Selby backup Conley and start Mayo SG but that's not an option now is it.

Ideally, Selby should be the secondary playmaker on the floor and a scorer/shooter first so having Selby as primary backup to Conley would have been a gamble for Memphis. Selby struggled playing as a 1. Being a scorer comes naturally to him however so his best position will always be shooting guard.

Had OJ made any king of impact in the play-offs this year, we would have found the money to pay him and we wouldn't be having this OJ the bust topic....I told you' all years ago that OJ is not athetic enough to be a star in the NBA but noooooooo....you didn't listen...When the play-off intensity hit him, the pressure was more than he could bear....And I say the same thing about James Harden who disappeared when the "heat" was on... That's why I always say, the playoffs separate the men from the boys...

Looks like OJ was playing possum so we wouldn't offer him the qualifying offer...you telling me that he wasn't effective as a starter? Looks **** good to me. Hollins looks like he's doing the same to Bayless. Trying to change a combo guard into a PG.

Looks like OJ was playing possum so we wouldn't offer him the qualifying offer...you telling me that he wasn't effective as a starter? Looks **** good to me. Hollins looks like he's doing the same to Bayless. Trying to change a combo guard into a PG.

Lil OJ Mayo must be there with you! Man Mayo is the past. We have two players in Ellington and Bayless to replace him and we are better off with them than with Mayo! So go back to toasting beers with Lil OJ Mayo!

LOL!!! I want to, but this is too good to pass up!!! 32 points so far tonight as a STARTER. I know we won, but the Mavs are winning big with OJ!!! On his birthday!!!

OJ is good everyone knows that he just wasn't a good fit for us, good players these days just not going to accept coming off the bench...James Harden was good for okc but he ultimately wanted to start and be the man

OKC is looking lost without Harden, because he was a playmaker. OJ shooting lights out without any free0throw attempts. That's gonna be hard to keep up! Our starters are too good.

He's only gettin $4 Mil a year from Dallas...we could have afforded that.

But we would have had to pay him $8 million. That was his qualifying offer.

But we would have had to pay him $8 million. That was his qualifying offer.

No we did not. We rescinded the qualifying offer, we could have given him whatever we wanted. Even though doing that would have been a blow, it happens. Whenever a qualifying offer is not picked up, usually its because a player hasn't lived up to expectation. However, they can still re-sign the player but the player is an UFA.

Mayo is Grizz history. Turn the page.......

What till the season plays out we will look like fools for not giving him a contract and making him a starter. He was the shooting guard we needed and we let him go for nothing.