Sign in to follow this  
GTG

The Refs Screwed Us AGAIN!

I don't think it really made a difference today, but still, EVERY single 50/50 call went in favor of the Celtics and an absurd number of 'ticky-tack' fouls were called against the Grizzlies.

Yet another disappointment in the officiating department. All I ask for is that the GRIZZ get fair treatment once in awhile.

This thread really needs to be closed. The whining is useless and reeks of negativity.

You don't have to reply if you dont want to.

It's a FACT that the officiating has been terrible this year. We have a right to discuss it.

We would have lost tonight against the Cs with/without the refs.

Just didn't bring it tonight. We need Zbo back now.

We would have lost tonight against the Cs with/without the refs.

Just didn't bring it tonight. We need Zbo back now.

Completely agree, it's just disappointing that whether we play good or bad, we're always fighting against the officials.

This thread really needs to be closed. The whining is useless and reeks of negativity.

No it doesn't. Officiating is ridiculously biased against us. There is no effing way an objective third party watches the matchup b/t Marc and Boston's old man front court and concludes he got a fair shot today. It's not about whining; I'm just tired of watching ***** poor officiating and people siting around saying "we just have to play through it". Yes, you play through a missed call here and there, but when you're literally getting smacked in the face with no calls and then getting flops that junior high school girls refs could see are fake called against you, that's problematic. It has to be embarrassing as PROFESSIONAL who expects to be respected in his trade to put up the stinkers they have put up against us.

I try and be objective and maybe one OJ Mayo jumper was a phantom call the went our way, but I'm thinking and can't recount any games this season where I can say that officiating helped us win the game whereas there are multiple where it negatively impacted us. That's all I'm saying.

Just curious, can anybody think of a Grizzly who flops like Jermaine ONeal did today? or like Harden does for OKC or KMart does for Houston or Manu? In all seriousness, do we have any player who even attempts to draw a call like that? I know Speights takes a charge every once in a while but he doesnt flop does he?

My point is that maybe we should try. The refs obviously will buy it sometimes. The ONeal flop was ridiculous but yet successful. I guess I get so frustrated by crapt like this because it seems that the Grizzlies as a team choose not to play that way. Maybe we are missing some golden opportunities.

Hollins would never allow flopping. The basis for our game plan is to fight and grind to get the win. Flopping is a disgrace to the game itself and we wouldnt sink to that level. Simply put, the Grizzlies have too much class to do something like that.

The referees should really be able to do a better job at weeding out flopping though. Like Pranica said during the game, Marc would have had to have been the strongest man on earth to make O'neal go down like that. Yet the "highly trained" official that probably made $5,000+ for today's game bought right into it.

You don't have to reply if you dont want to.

It's a FACT that the officiating has been terrible this year. We have a right to discuss it.

Yeah; but all your discussions are whines.

Ok. This is my last reply on this thread. That's good advice. Whine on. It may help you to vent, but it's not going to change NBA officiating.

PS: The thread "What sucks about the NBA" is a discussion.

the refs job us because Hollins never says anything to them, he shows no emotion on the sidelines even during the most blatant incompetency

But should he have to cuss out paid professionals that miss blatant smacks in the face and goal tends and fall for the most ridiculous flops? Even though their officiating quality may seem like it,these dudes aren't volunteers in a church basketball league.

Embarrassing for anybody who believes in integrity.

wow I remember seeing it live and thinking that was a flop but on this I cannot believe it!!!

Maybe we should just start throwing ourselves all over the court and see what happens. Then again it would probably go uncalled and the offensive player would be wide open.

This is getting to the point where it's ALMOST comical. I can't even remember the last game where one could say the officiating was definitely good.

Tonight it's just atrocious.

It doesn't look like its slowing down; this thread should get a sponsorship and be renamed the Neely's side of slaw officiating archive. Two ridiculously poor calls so far tonight, and counting.

Yeah; but all your discussions are whines.

Ok. This is my last reply on this thread. That's good advice. Whine on. It may help you to vent, but it's not going to change NBA officiating.

PS: The thread "What sucks about the NBA" is a discussion.

In the words of another poster on the boards here: "Shut up and color"

Im never big on the refs but I saw a lot of garbage tonight...Rudy was fouled on the rim and multiple times in the paint no call, Conley decked no call, Marc received a lot of contact many times.. no call.

YO

Did we play as well as we should have down the stetch? No, but you even up the officiating and it probably wouldn't have needed to come down to a desperation 3 with less than 10 seconds on the clock.

We were playing the second game of a back-to-back with travel and without the services of our best offensive, and our best defensive players. Factoring that in, I say we did a pretty good job overall. I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record, but this is yet another loss that, in my opinion, falls on the referees.

I'm tired of blaming the refs. If the Grizzlies stop falling behind early on and can shoot a decent percentage from the field, we wouldn't have to complain about them all the time.

We were lucky to get some of the calls we did get, including that "and 1 blocking foul" by OJ.