Sign in to follow this  
GTG

The Refs Screwed Us AGAIN!

So you would have been just as upset if the pass gets through and Rudy scored?
Contact, but way to soft of a foul to call with 10 seconds left and a ball is basically put up for grabs.
Bull. He pulled Rudys arm down. Lets see you catch that otherwise decent pass when someone does that to you.

And either way they were both missed calls. Had he made it would I have been upset? No. But that would have required him actually catching the ball and not getting fouled while trying to catch it.

Dwash    0
Bull. He pulled Rudys arm down. Lets see you catch that otherwise decent pass when someone does that to you. And either way they were both missed calls. Had he made it would I have been upset? No. But that would have required him actually catching the ball and not getting fouled while trying to catch it.

How often do you see loose ball fouls called with 10 seconds left? You can say what you want about NBA reffing, but they are pretty consistent with that.

Why is it everytime we lose a close game no one wants to accept that the team was reponsible? Everyone wants to blame someone else. If we had executed the plays properly and made good decisions we would have won more than likely.

How often do you see loose ball fouls called with 10 seconds left? You can say what you want about NBA reffing, but they are pretty consistent with that.
Just like missed shot clock violations. Oh wait, their not.

Those two plays should have gotten us a shot in the air. Neither did.

Dwash    0
Why is it everytime we lose a close game no one wants to accept that the team was reponsible? Everyone wants to blame someone else. If we had executed the plays properly and made good decisions we would have won more than likely.

It's really sad. The Grizzlies missed layups left and right, shot 36% and made all kinds of stupid turnovers and the focus is on a missed shot clock violation where the Grizzlies recovered the ball. I hope Hollins doesn't think like this.

GTG    0

Hollins screwed us again, his rotations were awful

Were his rotations "awful" for the 12 games we won? Because, other than being forced to compensate for Tony's absence, the rotations were almost exactly the same as always.

I blame the team for how they played. Have no problem admitting that after playing back to back and playing against a rested Parker, Duncan, Ginobli that they played like crap. And still almost won.

I do blame the refs for screwing us a shot to get the game tied or a lead after having played as bad as they did after playing a back to back against a rested Parker, Ginobli, and Duncan.

The refs put that one in the loss column in the OT with the help of a tired Grizzlies team.

GTG    0

I'm not saying the refs are the ONLY reason we lost, but they played a factor. That's undeniable.

And BTW, the lineups coach put in were fine. When we went on that run Gasol was the focus. He stopped doing what he did in the third which was shooting and it cost us the lead.

Problem with tonites refs is they were calling touch fouls on the Grizz and typically on outlet passes when someone is knocked down they do blow the whistle. Zbo and Rudy should've been living at the line.

Even NBA TV commentators said that was obvious foul on Rudy. As we saw in the pistons game the refs could've called a foul then reviewed it in the last few secs but nope they didn't even attempt too.

Now this loss isn't on the refs but they sure as heck get some of the blame.

And BTW, the lineups coach put in were fine. When we went on that run Gasol was the focus. He stopped doing what he did in the third which was shooting and it cost us the lead.

Thank you! Gasol went into super defer mode and was passing up open shots. Hate when he does that.

GTG    0

Problem with tonites refs is they were calling touch fouls on the Grizz and typically on outlet passes when someone is knocked down they do blow the whistle. Zbo and Rudy should've been living at the line.

Even NBA TV commentators said that was obvious foul on Rudy. As we saw in the pistons game the refs could've called a foul then reviewed it in the last few secs but nope they didn't even attempt too.

Now this loss isn't on the refs but they sure as heck get some of the blame.

Bingo.

Like I said, I don't blame the entire loss on the refs or anything, but you can't just ignore it when theres blatent incompetence and/or favitorism.

Dwash    0
Problem with tonites refs is they were calling touch fouls on the Grizz and typically on outlet passes when someone is knocked down they do blow the whistle. Zbo and Rudy should've been living at the line. Even NBA TV commentators said that was obvious foul on Rudy. As we saw in the pistons game the refs could've called a foul then reviewed it in the last few secs but nope they didn't even attempt too. Now this loss isn't on the refs but they sure as heck get some of the blame.

My problem is that nobody acknowledges that it goes both ways. For example, there hasn't been any mention of when Z-bo pushed Bonner in the back and the refs called a blocking foul on Bonner for bumping Conley. This was 3 points that should have been a foul. But it's like ah well, we forgot about that....

We shot 22 FT to 24. Only 2 more fouls called (including our intentional ones). The reffing was not the problem, at all...

Kuma    0

The Grizz do not play for the refs. Leave the whining to garbage teams like the Clippers and focus on why we lost this game.

My problem is that nobody acknowledges that it goes both ways. For example, there hasn't been any mention of when Z-bo pushed Bonner in the back and the refs called a blocking foul on Bonner for bumping Conley. This was 3 points that should have been a foul. But it's like ah well, we forgot about that....

We shot 22 FT to 24. Only 2 more fouls called (including our intentional ones). The reffing was not the problem, at all...

I understand your point but you cannot ignore a bad call that contributed to loss of the game. Last week the refs made a formal apology to an Nba team because they missed a call that affected outcome of game.

Bad calls in the middle of a game can be overcome missed calls in tightly contested game in last minute of the game has considerable more weight.

Rudy was held by a player behind him on a fastbreak if that foul got called potentially it could've been a penalty two foul with free throws plus possession. So that was a big missed call but the game shouldn't have come down to that but it did.

GTG    0

It was not the biggest factor though.

Perhaps not, but it was big enough of a factor to be mentioned.

Were you guys watching the same game I was? The spurs adjusted in the 4th and denied Gasol's spots... The last 10 seconds of non-calls absolutely affected the outcome of the game.

Shotclock: If the call would've been made, Hollins would've called a timeout to advance the ball and run a set play.. We all know how good the griz are coming out of a timeout..

Ginobli: if the correct call was made (if I'm correct) would've put the Spurs in the penalty and give Rudy 2 FT's.... A chance to tie at 97-97z

So regardless of how we played in the 4th, you cannot deny that the calls affected the outcome..

Herodotus    0
proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2JpYXZrZi5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=sGMN-TnrAOwAy13QDYuKChCcwy0nwCQJZfMS39Z9Vnw

This would have been a flag in the NFL for pass interference and they would have gotten it right.

The problem with tonight's game is that once we got the Spurs down big, they dug in and turned the game into a football game. And they did it while only getting whistled for one foul for most of the fourth quarter, while we were getting called for ticky-tack crap and had to fight around criminally illegal screens just to contest shots. When Bonner gets set out there to play dirty, the refs have to enforce the rules, or the game just unravels.

One of the reasons we crumbled in the fourth is because our offense gets jammed up when the Spurs are basically playing bump-and-run against us on defense instead of basketball. The ball movement gets stagnant because our guy off the ball can't move and we end up with terrible undesigned shot after terrible undesigned shot. It's the refs job to keep it FAIR out there. And what we witnessed was absolutely not fair. And it was barely basketball. If the Spurs can disrupt just five plays by playing like that, either on offense or defense, then they've changed the outcome of just about any basketball game. And that's what they've done for decades. How has the NBA not gotten sick of it by now? How? I just can't understand it.

Meanwhile, after all of that b.s. - ticky-tack fouls robbing our fastbeak opportunities and putting them at the line, Bonner basically boxing people out on screens, the Spurs slapping and grabbing the arms of our passers leading to "turnovers," so much grabbing and fouling going on away from the ball that it looks like an NFL line of scrimmage - it was just insult to injury for the NBA to let game actually be decided by a series of blown calls on one, deciding play. From the shot clock violation, to Manu's pass interference on Rudy, to the faux-review to give the appearance of objectivity, it was an absolute farce.

The NBA needs to clean it up, because casual fans see through all the cr*p. They see this stuff and they think the NBA just isn't a fair game. And they're right.

Memphicity    0
Refs did us a favor by not calling a shot clock violation. Grizzlies did not capitalize.

Had they called it we could have made a set play and the Grizz are very good at out of timeout play calls. We Would have had 11.8 seconds to tie or win instead of bayless making a rushed pass.

in the nba a 15 point lead with a whole quater to play isnt much of a lead. almost every team in the nba would make a run at that and cut it down. i cant even be mad a the grizzles for that. the grizzles had their shot to win as well. i do think the grab on gay couldve changed the outcome of this basketball game though

Dwash    0
Had they called it we could have made a set play and the Grizz are very good at out of timeout play calls. We Would have had 11.8 seconds to tie or win instead of bayless making a rushed pass.

They could have called timeout (anybody, including the coach) as soon as Bayless caught the ball. This is such a poor excuse that it's ridiculous.

The team tried to take advantage of the ref's error. Rudy sprinted out, Bayless took off while pretty much everybody else on the court except for Ginobili and one other Spur stood and watched. When this failed, people wanted to blame the ref for the same error that they just tried to take advantage of. If you can't see something wrong with the line of thinking, then there should be some type of examination.