Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MemphisX

2012 NBA Draft

We need to take a look at Dion Waiters as well. That kid can flat out play. NBA ready body, speed, nice stroke, and he can play both PG and SG to the fullest!

need a real 2 guard, Tony Allen and Mayo is an awful backcourt rotation. Probably should take Lamb if he falls that far or Terrance Ross with our lottery pick

I can't believe someone said Will Barton is the best SG prospect in the draft. Lol

I would love to get Beal somehow, but I don't see us trading up into the top 5. Jeremy Lamb is nice, but he looks very inconsistent on the defensive end. Lacks energy, and I don't think we need another player like that on the team.

Royce White is the type of guy that would fall right into our hands. Teams will over evaluate his troubled past, anxiety disorder, conditioning, etc. and think it won't be a good transition to the league. I expect him to fall like DeAndre Jordan, Blair, Arthur, etc. did, but he will turn out to be a beast. Would love to add him to the squad.

I can't believe someone said Will Barton is the best SG prospect in the draft. Lol

I would love to get Beal somehow, but I don't see us trading up into the top 5. Jeremy Lamb is nice, but he looks very inconsistent on the defensive end. Lacks energy, and I don't think we need another player like that on the team.

Royce White is the type of guy that would fall right into our hands. Teams will over evaluate his troubled past, anxiety disorder, conditioning, etc. and think it won't be a good transition to the league. I expect him to fall like DeAndre Jordan, Blair, Arthur, etc. did, but he will turn out to be a beast. Would love to add him to the squad.

Agreed, I just looked at Espn and Draftexpress mocks and they both have Arnette Moultrie falling past us! He has the potential to be everything Rashard Lewis should have been.

Some other names that intrigue me are Dion Waiters, Terrence Ross, Tony Wroten and Patrick Young.

When Jeff Taylor, Arnette Moultrie, Festus Ezeli and Adonis Thomas are projected 1st-rounders, it's a weak draft.

Maybe so, but it's worth having Festus Ezeli just for his name.

If anyone thinks this is a weak draft then they either don't watch college basketball or they haven't been paying attention to the last few years of drafts. This is one of the deeper ones in a long time.

We will get a good player this year in the 20's.

As far as realistic choices go, Dion Waiters would probably top my list right now.

We will get a good player this year in the 20's.

As far as realistic choices go, Dion Waiters would probably top my list right now.

I would rather have Terrence Ross, Tont Wroten, or Doron Lamb over him

I would rather have Terrence Ross, Tont Wroten, or Doron Lamb over him

Love Doron Lamb but I hate Tony Wroten and his low bbiq and love for the flashy play.

BPA...I would be shocked if we can draft someone who can get PT.

Probably need a backup 5/4 depending on what happens with Arthur and Speights.

I'm a big fan of Moultrie's talent. My fear would be how much playing in his hometown hamper him? You never know. If the team considers drafting him, it better do its research first. Young guys are impressionable. Being close enough for every person they have ever known to be a leach can't be a positive.

I also like Meyers Leonard. He is a skilled big man. If we are able to draft a big man who is capable of contributing, then we will be less desparate to overpay Speights or Arthur. However, only draft a big man if you think he is the best available player.

Other players to consider Jeff Taylor, Quincy Miller, and Tony Mitchell.

Andre Drummond of UConn is the projected #5 pick. Is it a typo on ESPN.com or did this kid really shoot .295 from the charity stripe?