Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T.O.

Grizzlies sign Hamed

A foreign individual cannot apply for a work visa while inside the United States. They must apply for the work visa at an United States consulate outside the country, and be able to show proof that they have a job awaiting them upon entry being granted. Canada is the closest country that also allows simple tourist entry, making it simpler to go there to do the paperwork. The INS has some very tangled regulations. Hamed had a more difficult time with his visa this year because he was a free agent. He did not have a confirmed work status, so he had to get the tourist visa first. With the lockout, the Grizzlies could not talk with him or his agent, nor assist in arranging his visa. It was simpler for Marc because he and his family have a residence here.

\

thanks Wells... that makes more sense than anything else ive heard

Hopefully this fool realizes that he has Visa issues every year and actually does something about it next year instead of stupidly waiting until the last minute

Who's the fool here?

The visa issues are created by US-immigrations not by Hamed or by Iran!

How in the heaven can Hamed know in advance what stones the US immigrations would throw in front of him the next time?!!! All he can do is to apply for re-entry visa and wait.

Just to let you know how the US immigration operates I tell you, it took me 25 years to get my permanent-residency, immigrations lost my file twice, and from the time I applied the 3rd time it took 13 years until my turn came!!!! I said YEARS not days. And they penalized me $1000 extra for delay!

And he blames Hamed for visa issue! :lol:

wouldnt Mexico be cheaper and close than Canada?

I think the closest U.S. consulate in Mexico is Mexico City. Toronto is a shorter trip.

im sure going to Toronto would be difficult for him

He would have to get an invitation, then leave some sort of a bond to insure that he will leave Canada and...

Iranian passport is worthless

I havent used mine for anything other than going to Iran and also getting questioned about it at US/Canada border

If the Grizz give Hadaddi 20 minutes game time, we will get back on track.

I'm not kidding. Just give him a chance.

If the Grizz give Hadaddi 20 minutes game time, we will get back on track.

I'm not kidding. Just give him a chance.

dude all haddadi needs is consisten 10 min games in a row and he'll be fine. this team will see how much value he'll bring. Problem is his playing has always been random and i doubt he has ever played more than 2 games in a row. Its hard to get in the flow when you play so little. Thats why people on this board say he's not good or he sucks, its cuz when he makes 1 mistake in 2 min. and then doesnt play for 5 games, people just remember the mistake rather than the good.

i dont think any NBA player has been able to put up 2-3 double doubles with so little playing time. I know he did it twice, and was very close another 2 times...thats terrific, i would like to see if someone can mention a player like that in NBA.

How about playing Marc and Hamed at the same time?

Denver started Mozgov and Koufos the other night against Milwaukee and they won. Hamed is better than either of those jokers. I think Marc could play the 4 actually - he's much more mobile than HH.

Denver started Mozgov and Koufos the other night against Milwaukee and they won. Hamed is better than either of those jokers. I think Marc could play the 4 actually - he's much more mobile than HH.

Thats what I was thinking

I remember at some point last year, they both played at the same time (Marc at 4 and HH at 5)

Thats what I was thinking

I remember at some point last year, they both played at the same time (Marc at 4 and HH at 5)

Yeah they did at one point against the Spurs during the playoffs, it was either Game 1 or Game 6 because I downloaded them all and watched those two before the season started.