Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SixthMan

Grizzlies vs Rockets

Starting Five Matchups
Teams Point
Guard
Shooting
Guard
Small
Forward
Power
Forward
Center Head
Coach
Grizzlies Rockets Jeremy
Pargo
Jeremy Pargo Kyle LowryKyle
Lowry
Tony
Allen
Tony Allen Kevin MartinKevin
Martin
Rudy
Gay
Rudy Gay Chase BudingerChase
Budinger
Zach
Randolph
Zach Randolph Luis ScolaLuis
Scola
Marc
Gasol
Marc Gasol Jordan HillJordan
Hill
Lionel
Hollins
Lionel Hollins Kevin McHaleKevin
McHale

Benches

Grizzlies
  • Darrell Arthur Mike Conley Dante Cunningham Josh Davis Xavier Henry O.J. Mayo Quincy Pondexter Josh Selby Sam Young
Rockets
  • Jeff Adrien Goran Dragic Samuel Dalembert Jonny Flynn Courtney Lee Marcus Morris Chandler Parsons Patrick Patterson Hasheem Thabeet Terrence Williams

k mart and kyle KILLIN on spurs tonight...

must defend the 3....that is was scares me with mike being out...pargo and josh wanting to go behind the screen leaving them an open look...TA gonna have to ball on kmart

go grizz...

and yes, game 3 of the season is a must with chicago coming up sunday

Rockets will be in 2nd game of 3 in a row.

I'm just prepared for the Houston bigs to have free reign to body and chop Marc and ZBo, while K-Mart goes to the line 28 times because TA breathes on him.

Definitely not going to be an easy win. The Rockets just blew out San Antonio. What's more shocking though is Thabeet was 3-3 from the field tonight! :blink:

Need to fight hard for 48 minutes, protect the ball, pound the paint, but most importantly, DEFEND THE 3pt LINE! Do that, and we should be able to walk away with a W.

Budinger and Martin worry me coming off of screens on the arc. Those are two guys that we need to fight through the screen. DO NOT GO UNDER IT. Pargo and Lowry I think will have similar games tonight. And, I can't wait to see the defense of Allen and Pondexter on Martin. Keep your feet down guys!

Hey guys, never been to a game in Memphis (I'm closer to OKC during the year, so I usually watch us play there) but I'm on Christmas break closer to the Grind House. Would it be best to get my tickets online for the game tonight, or wait and get them from a scalper? Thanks

Kyle Lowry's going to have a quadruple double, Martin will score 83 and Thabeet will have 20-10 + 10 blocks but we'll win despite the resultant whining and crying about individual players that performed so well while causing their team to lose on the other side. ;)

Hey guys, never been to a game in Memphis (I'm closer to OKC during the year, so I usually watch us play there) but I'm on Christmas break closer to the Grind House. Would it be best to get my tickets online for the game tonight, or wait and get them from a scalper? Thanks

Check StubHub. I wouldn't trust the scalpers, and we don't have a history of sustained success or this much early hype, so it's really hard to gauge how fair their prices will be.

Check StubHub. I wouldn't trust the scalpers, and we don't have a history of sustained success or this much early hype, so it's really hard to gauge how fair their prices will be.

Will do. Thanks!

The Rockets are going to shoot a lot of threes set up by penetration. They use a lot of pick and roll to try and find lanes at the rim. Pick and roll defense is going to determine the outcome of this came as far as I'm concerned. If the Grizzlies can keep Houston's guards out of the paint, that eliminates a lot of the easy looks that Houston gets as a result of the drive and kick.

They have some three point weapons on that team. We have to be better at guarding the three point line. Don't over commit on penetration. Stay at home on the three point shooters and we'll get win #1.

I'd go through StubHub or Ticketmaster. You end up paying extra fees but probably still gonna be cheaper than those scalpers.

Have fun at your first game in the Grindhouse!

I'd go through StubHub or Ticketmaster. You end up paying extra fees but probably still gonna be cheaper than those scalpers.

Have fun at your first game in the Grindhouse!

Thanks! On my way now.

Can anyone point me to a good place to park?