Sign in to follow this  
Well_Pete

J Critt Charged with Murder

Well_Pete    0

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/former-geo...ar-1146197.html

A former NBA player and Georgia Tech standout has been charged with shooting a 23-year-old woman to death, Atlanta police said Friday night. Javaris Crittenton faces a homicide charge in the death Jullian Jones, according to Carlos Campos, APD spokesman.

Not sure what is taking so long on this, but here is an update...

Makes you wonder when his life went wrong?

Former NBA player and Atlanta native Javaris Crittenton was indicted Tuesday on charges of murder and gang activity.

The Fulton County District Attorney's office said Crittenton, 25, and his cousin, Douglas Gamble, were charged in a 12-count indictment in the death of an Atlanta woman and the attempted murder of another man.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ex-nba-player-indicted-murder-235158187--nba.html

If this is true, Crittendon is a bona fide idiot:

Former Georgia Tech basketball star Javaris Crittenton, who police say joined a Los Angeles gang after being a first round draft pick of the NBA Lakers, was indicted Tuesday on murder charges, accused of killing an Atlanta mother of four while trying to strike retribution at a rival gang member.

And Banks said Crittenton’s gang involvement has linked him to another death in California.

“There will at some point during the trial be facts from a related murder investigation,” the prosecutor said. “He was not charged in that murder, but at some point was a witness in that murder … that involved the Mansfield Gangster Crips.”

So he grew up middle class, was a great student in high scool and at Georgia Tech only to join a gang AFTER being drafted into the NBA as an adult. I can't picture anyone being that stupid.

I don't know personally but imagine what they call an "entourage" is same thing as a "gang". if that is the case then nearly every pro athlete is in a "gang".

I cant believe he's that dumb. Not saying that book smarts == street smarts. (definitely not! :ph34r: ) but dude was a top notch student. I'm pretty sure he had a 4.0 GPA in high school or something which I've used as a fact to defend the guy before.

I'd wait to hear the facts because the police are not the all-knowing source of intelligence either.

chipc3    0

I hope he is innocent and this is just a situation of guilt by cirmcumstance. He will get his day in court to prove his innocence and I hope justice is done.

I don't know personally but imagine what they call an "entourage" is same thing as a "gang". if that is the case then nearly every pro athlete is in a "gang". I cant believe he's that dumb. Not saying that book smarts == street smarts. (definitely not! :ph34r:/> ) but dude was a top notch student. I'm pretty sure he had a 4.0 GPA in high school or something which I've used as a fact to defend the guy before. I'd wait to hear the facts because the police are not the all-knowing source of intelligence either.

Did you read the article? It specifically identifies the Mansfield Gangster Crips. I don't know too many guys who name their entourage after well known street gangs/crime organizations such as crips, bloods, ms13, latin kings, gangsta disciples, vice lords, or aryan nation.I would think it's a gang and not an entourage if all of the info is correct.

yeah I just hope it's not. how often do they link other people as devil worshippers, satanists, or cultists? etc. when often they are just stupid or wrong place at the wrong time or nothing to do with the group they're being associated with. call of duty fanatics. I just hope that's what it is not that he's in a gang. there isn't much out there more stupid than that.