Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leo heart

with the 49th pick of the 2011 NBA draft the Memphis Grizzlies select

(1) A big that can shoot three's but doesn't settle for them and, can play solid post defense.

or

(2) A shot altering defensive presence

or

(3) A rim runner who can take contact and finish

or

(4) A three point threat who isn't a defensive liability

in that order

4) A European big who still needs to develop and they can stash him overseas while he learns the game better like OKC did with Serge Ibaka.

Honestly I think if you go looking for a very specific type of role player with a pick that late, you are very very likely to end up with just a scrub who can't quite cut it at the nba level.

As a fan it's tough to get behind selling picks for cash but it wouldn't surprise me much if it happened. If we keep it, you look for what you think is the best talent available and take him. Every year there are a couple players that fall farther then most think they should have, and often they end up being decent. If we can come away with the 2011 version of Dejuan Blair or even Chase Budinger (assuming there will be one), I'd be happy.

4) A European big who still needs to develop and they can stash him overseas while he learns the game better like OKC did with Serge Ibaka.

The only thing to add to this is it could be an Asian, South American, or African (but it will probably be European).

My guess is Davis Bertans, who is young and needs time.

It will be interesting to see where Jeremy Tyler ends up.

Other bigs of interest:

Bojan Bogdanovic

Nikola Vucevic (likely gone by the time the Grizz draft)

Keith Benson

ehh..I don't expect any fireworks on this draft night, but people underestimate the value of a 2nd round draft pick in the current CBA. I don't think it will be sold.

The only thing to add to this is it could be an Asian, South American, or African (but it will probably be European).

My guess is Davis Bertans, who is young and needs time.

It will be interesting to see where Jeremy Tyler ends up.

Other bigs of interest:

Bojan Bogdanovic

Nikola Vucevic (likely gone by the time the Grizz draft)

Keith Benson

ehh..I don't expect any fireworks on this draft night, but people underestimate the value of a 2nd round draft pick in the current CBA. I don't think it will be sold.

Point taken. I should have said a foreign player or even an American willing to go overseas I suppose. The issue for me is not to take up salary space for someone who won't contribute this season.

Keith Benson, Vernon Macklin and if Malcolm Lee would drop that would be awesome.

Lots of interesting guys.

Chip, as far as them taking salary, it would be minimal for second rounder. Better than having JWill down there.

At 49 it seems that just about anyone worth anything will be gone. I didn't watch much college ball this year but would Gary Mcghee from Pitt be worth a look? He's 6'10" and 260 and allegedly a good rebounder and defender. We're not going to get much anyway and what we need is a 4th big with those skills who is more athletic than Hamed. I don't know, maybe you guys are right. Sell the pick.

KidCam, Goudelock is projected to be gone by the time we pick.

At 49 it seems that just about anyone worth anything will be gone. I didn't watch much college ball this year but would Gary Mcghee from Pitt be worth a look? He's 6'10" and 260 and allegedly a good rebounder and defender. We're not going to get much anyway and what we need is a 4th big with those skills who is more athletic than Hamed. I don't know, maybe you guys are right. Sell the pick.

KidCam, Goudelock is projected to be gone by the time we pick.

I was looking at draftexpress not nbadraft.net for what it's worth..

I say pick a good flopper who is effective at shooting threes and playing with broken...err bruised extremities.

From Argentina? Sounds good to me.

I think we should draft the best player from India then, hire the Indian Continental Basketball Team Broadcasters and sale the broadcast to 1 BILLION people. Same with Venezuela(28 million) and Iran(74 Million); for that matter.

Gary Flowers is someone who really could be a steal. Basically he can do the stuff Sam Young has trouble doing. Plus he's a good outside shooter like a poor man Stephen Jackson/Dorell Wright.

We need to make the less change we can on our team, so we need to make small moves with big impact... but the first thing to do is resign Marc and decide what to do with OJ. Then we should move the 49th pick, because it don't allow us much room to get a steal. I want a middle/late 1st or a trade for a Sanders or Thompson type of player. Sam is the odd man out. I like him but he don't bring much more to the table than what we already have.

My ideal rotation is:

Conley/OJ/Vasquez

Allen/OJ/Henry

Rudy/Battier/Henry

Zbo/"PF/C"/DA

Gasol/"PF/C"/DA

Bench warmers: Ish / Kapono / Haddadi

To tell the truth I think Henisley will make just that.

We need to make the less change we can on our team, so we need to make small moves with big impact... but the first thing to do is resign Marc and decide what to do with OJ. Then we should move the 49th pick, because it don't allow us much room to get a steal. I want a middle/late 1st or a trade for a Sanders or Thompson type of player. Sam is the odd man out. I like him but he don't bring much more to the table than what we already have.

My ideal rotation is:

Conley/OJ/Vasquez

Allen/OJ/Henry

Rudy/Battier/Henry

Zbo/"PF/C"/DA

Gasol/"PF/C"/DA

Why would you want DA as a 4th string PF? DA should be Zach's backup, 2nd string.

My ideal rotation is:

Conley/OJ/Vasquez

Allen/OJ/Henry

Rudy/Battier/Henry

Zbo/"PF/C"/DA

Gasol/"PF/C"/DA

Nikola Mirotic would be a great help to our bench. Thing is I believe someone really good will drop. The biggest help we have in this draft is the new CBA problem, and how low GMs value this draft class. Alot of these players are older and GMs love drafting off upside but we need a sure thing ready to play now. Thats why I rather get a senior or Euro guy who played for a winning squad. Shelvin Mack I believe is a guy who could help us as well as Jon Lauer.

If we move Mayo, I like Ben Hansbrough and David Lighty. Hansbrough is the definition of work ethic. I watched a lot of Big East basketball, because I am a Rutgers fan, and this guy is just solid. He had a bad tournament, but he can pass, shoot, and slash. His actual play-making skills are a little overrated, but I see him as a 2 guard anyway. I'd compare him to a stronger, but less-finesse, Will Bynum. If that makes any sense at all. Lol. I only saw a little of David Lighty with his time in Ohio, but I've been watching his highlights and interviews and I really like him. He is a fantastic defender. He would be great behind Tony Allen. He would learn a lot. Plus at 6'6" he could play a littler SF too.

Hansbrough Highlights:

Lighty interview I liked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6ZOIegM1Dw