Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SixthMan

Grizzlies vs Knicks

SixthMan    0

Benches

Grizzlies
  • Darrell Arthur Shane Battier Rudy Gay Hamed Haddadi Xavier Henry O.J. Mayo Leon Powe Ish Smith Greivis Vasquez Jason Williams
Knicks
  • Renaldo Balkman Chauncey Billups Derrick Brown Roger Mason Jr. Andy Rautins Ronny Turiaf Bill Walker Shawne Williams Shelden Williams

SixthMan    0

We dont really have anybody for Amare...but we can blitz melo all night, and Zbo has noone to guard him...We should be able to get this one. Its on national tv.. Lets go grizz...dont stop the winning!!

YO

Rudy should be about a week away from coming back. We need him to get back and get gelled and also to lock in our playoff rotation..

YO

We dont really have anybody for Amare...but we can blitz melo all night, and Zbo has noone to guard him...We should be able to get this one. Its on national tv.. Lets go grizz...dont stop the winning!!

YO

Z-bo and Marc will make him work on the defensive end and limit his offensive production. I betcha he misses alot of easy shots in this game from working so hard on the defensive end. We can run with them but they cant pound with us.

I think we matchup well with the Knicks, especially without Billups. If our perimeter defense is what people make it to be, then we can force some TOs even before the ball reaches into the hands of Melo and Amare. Defensively, they can't stop us either.

GTG    0

Winnable game.

We're deadly inside FEF this year. That alone makes me confident.

I don't wanna get ahead of ourselves but as long as the Grizzlies play to their potential they should beat any team in the east not named the Celtics...maybe the Bulls....But the Grizzlies are playing like they are the one of the elite teams in the league. And like TA said tonight, the Grizzlies need these games a lot more than the other teams. They just gotta want it more.

BHZMAFIA    0

If Billups is out, PLEASE watch Douglas. He's one of those quick scoring guards that can get it going if no one pays attentiont to him.

You definitely don't want him scoring no more than his average.

I think we will end up winning this game though. Limit their 3 point makes by closing out on Williams, Fields and Walker. Continue to force turnovers and we got the guys to defend Melo. Make Amare work on the defensive end and there ya go.

This is definitely a must-win game. They might have two superstars ready to play, but overall, this team is better on paper. And as a whole, the Grizz are bigger then the sum of their parts. We are definitely a more cohesive team. We might get crushed by the officiating, but no matter the cost, we need to win this. We need to win games against teams lesser than us.

Acehigh718    0

Man, I'm excited for this one. My hometown eastern conference boys, vs. the Grizz. Finally I get to watch a game on TV instead of the computer, haha! I hope we kick the crap out of everyone's new favorite team.

The biggest thing here, is we can't let Amar'e get his jump shot going. If there's any team I've watched more than the Grizz this year, it's the Knicks... although admittedly I've been a bit turned off by them after the Melo trade and have only seen 2 games since. Anyway, they really seem to get rolling when Amar'e's raining from the iso-mid-range game. If we can keep that in check (maybe play a lot of DA on him), I like our chances. I'm not worried about Melo at all. TA and Shane should be able to get in his head early on. Offensively we just need to pound them. Marc. Zach. They have absolutely no answer for that. No defense inside. Zbo should go for 20-20 again. One other huge caveat I have about this game is to watch the freakin 3-line! We generally suck at closing out of 3 shooters, and the Knicks all love to camp out there.

n2wires    0

anyone with tickets for sale for this game i am intrested....e-mail me at n2wires@yahoo.com....thanks

Benji    0

This game is VERY winnable, but only if we come prepared. Even without Billups this is a team that can beat us if we don't bring our A-game.

Defense will be the decider. We play good D, we win.

lilojmayo    0

This is an important game for the Grizzlies and OJ Mayo. It is no secret that Walsh has always been in aww of OJ's superstar potential ( who can blame him ). Rumors were Walsh was trying to make a run at OJ earlier this season.

OJ needs to give Walsh a reason to make another run at him I feel like OJ is going to give him that reason this game when Walsh is tuning in.

A good game from OJ, could be rewarded by playing with Carmelo Anthony and a fnisher like Amare, and being mentored by Chauncey Billups next season

He has so much to gain this game,

Lets go OJ Mayo !!

Pumuki    0

We have to stop the lovefest about this team, focus and toughen up again.

Let's make an statement, WE DESERVE THE W !!!

Like all of our good wins, it will start on the defensive side. If we come out and are flat footed and not energetic, the Knicks can score some points in bunches. We have to keep cool and not try get in shooting contest with them. Simply put, we need to be disruptive with our defense and try to get some cheap buckets.

For some reason, I am really worried about this game. I just dont want us to start "reading our own press clippings" as they say. I think a lot of folks may be counting this as an automatic win because we have been playing well beating a couple tough western conference teams. Then an eastern conference team who recently lost to Cleveland comes to town, and maybe we think we will just show up and win. We got to stay focused. Got to win at home because I got a feeling Miami is going to get beat by the Lakers in Miami and then we are coming to town (Miami) on Sat and they are going to be desparate for a win and we will get pummeled. So we got to take care of the home court.

Hope we can have a good crowd on a Wednesday night. 13,800 showed up Monday night for OKC. We need more tonight.

Benji    0
I like OJ and all but do you have to mention him every time you say something about the team?

You will quickly learn that the answer is yes. This guy isn't a Grizzlies fan, he's a player fan. When OJ is gone, lilojmayo will also leave.