Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SixthMan

Grizzlies vs Spurs

280 posts in this topic

Benches

Grizzlies
  • Darrell Arthur Shane Battier Rodney Carney Rudy Gay Hamed Haddadi Xavier Henry O.J. Mayo Ish Smith Greivis Vasquez Jason Williams
Spurs
  • James Anderson Matt Bonner Antonio McDyess Gary Neal Steve Novak Tony Parker Chris Quinn Tiago Splitter

The spurs are a great team. No denying that, but i think alot of the lucky plays they got came from the home court advantage...they will definitely respect us, so we have to win this one. NO excuses.

YO

Be helpful if Parker is still out, but with a full days rest, I kinda doubt it...

this is playoff time...doesnt matter what is on the other jersey.. We have to find a way to get the W and especially at home..Cant wait til Rudy is back 2.5 weeks..2-2 without Rudy, even if we keep the .500 pace, we will be ok..

YO

By the way, I'd MUCH rather see the JWill/Conley backcourt in this game than letting Mayo get any amount of significant playing time. He was absolutely WORTHLESS tonight.

16 minutes, 0-3 from the field, 3 TOs (team leader) and 2 fouls.

Seriously, whats the point? So upsetting our FO couldn't get that trade to go through. Even though it probably would have been a mediocre trade on our part, we couldn't be doing much worse than what we've got right now in OJ.

Im ready to put sam back on the bench..tired of the slow starts...start battier...if TA is struggling scoring..sub in OJ Or Sam, simple..n sam has no chance guarding ginobli or jefferson..

YO

Put Battier on Ginobili please.

That's why we re-hired him for.

What's the point of Conley on Manu?

Play Hamed Hadadi more than Marc Gasol.

Is this sarcasm? I seriously can't tell.

My buddy hooked me up with some free tickets for this one, can't wait to see the Grizz get this big W in person.

go ahead and take TP out of their rotation:

SpearsNBAYahoo: Spurs say guard Tony Parker has been diagnosed with a strained left soleus after undergoing a MRI and is expected to miss two to four weeks.

NO tony parker should equal a win for us...That kills thier bench depth and george hill is nowhere near what tony parker is in the pick and roll..

YO

I actually think George Hill is a handful. Unlike Tony, he can shoot. He had his moments against us yesterday. A line up of him, Ginobili, Jefferson (all can hit 3's) and then you bring in Bonner, who can knock down 3's with the best of them, this isn't going to be any easier.

I still say we win this one, but its going to take the same effort we gave in San Antonio.

I actually think George Hill is a handful. Unlike Tony, he can shoot. He had his moments against us yesterday. A line up of him, Ginobili, Jefferson (all can hit 3's) and then you bring in Bonner, who can knock down 3's with the best of them, this isn't going to be any easier.

I still say we win this one, but its going to take the same effort we gave in San Antonio.

Without tony parker this is the exact same team we beat twice last year. Totally different team..and tony parker and waay faster than hill...ginobli will have to carry them 4 48 minutes and if we cant stop him thats on us...We have to do the little things like not leaving matt bonner ever..

YO

I'm not a big fan of playing teams right after they suffered an injury to one of their stars. The team tends to rally for a game or two before coming back down.

It should be in our favor that they have beaten us twice though.

another loss, IF WE CAN'T DEFEND THE D*** 3 POINT SHOT.

Gee, Bonner is on the court, I wonder if is going to try to hit a few 3 pointers?? DEFEND HIM PLEASE. Dont leave him WIDE OPEN!! He is the reason why the Spurs won that game. If he had missed 2 of those 3 pointers, we would of held on to win.

other than that, GO GRIZZLIES! ;)

Close out on the three point shooters, stop dribble penetration.

Gotta win this one, Grizz.

Close out on the three point shooters, stop dribble penetration.

Gotta win this one, Grizz.

Question: What the heck do we do about Manu? Last game, nobody could stay in front of him and if we collapse to help out, he just dishes to Blair or Duncan for a dunk or kicks out to Matt "I do absolutely nothing but stand out here behind the arc and wait for them to pass it to me" Bonner. Tony Allen cant guard everybody. We all saw what George Hill can do last game. If we play the funky zone, that may cut down on the drives to the basket but then we have to do something about the 3 pointers they shoot. Maybe we should clone Tony Allen and add a couple inches of height.

Question: What the heck do we do about Manu? Last game, nobody could stay in front of him and if we collapse to help out, he just dishes to Blair or Duncan for a dunk or kicks out to Matt "I do absolutely nothing but stand out here behind the arc and wait for them to pass it to me" Bonner. Tony Allen cant guard everybody. We all saw what George Hill can do last game. If we play the funky zone, that may cut down on the drives to the basket but then we have to do something about the 3 pointers they shoot. Maybe we should clone Tony Allen and add a couple inches of height.

With Manu, you've got to have an experienced defender with quickness. Tony Allen is the only guy that fits that bill on our team. Shane doesn't have much lateral quickness and Sam isn't experienced enough to deal with Manu's dirty crap. Putting a PG on him like last game simply isn't going to do the trick because he can either shoot over the top of you or bully you all the way to the rim.

We need Tony to stay out of foul trouble this time around. His foul trouble killed us Sunday night.

With Manu, you've got to have an experienced defender with quickness. Tony Allen is the only guy that fits that bill on our team. Shane doesn't have much lateral quickness and Sam isn't experienced enough to deal with Manu's dirty crap. Putting a PG on him like last game simply isn't going to do the trick because he can either shoot over the top of you or bully you all the way to the rim.

We need Tony to stay out of foul trouble this time around. His foul trouble killed us Sunday night.

agreed.