Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SixthMan

Grizzlies vs Nuggets

260 posts in this topic

Starting Five Matchups
Teams Point
Guard
Shooting
Guard
Small
Forward
Power
Forward
Center Head
Coach
Grizzlies Nuggets Mike
Conley
Mike Conley Chauncey BillupsChauncey
Billups
Sam
Young
Sam Young Arron AfflaloArron
Afflalo
Rudy
Gay
Rudy Gay Carmelo AnthonyCarmelo
Anthony
Zach
Randolph
Zach Randolph Kenyon MartinKenyon
Martin
Marc
Gasol
Marc Gasol NenêNenê
Lionel
Hollins
Lionel Hollins George KarlGeorge
Karl

Benches

Grizzlies
  • Tony Allen Darrell Arthur DeMarre Carroll Hamed Haddadi Xavier Henry O.J. Mayo Hasheem Thabeet Greivis Vasquez Jason Williams
Nuggets
  • Chris Andersen Renaldo Balkman Anthony Carter Melvin Ely Gary Forbes Al Harrington Ty Lawson J.R. Smith Shelden Williams

anyone who sees carmello & co out on beale on saturday night- please encourage them to have another drink/hurricane... southern hospitality...

slim.

anyone who sees carmello & co out on beale on saturday night- please encourage them to have another drink/hurricane... southern hospitality...

slim.

Hopefully when you see them, they will be toasting their former teammate Carmelo, because he just got traded to an Eastern Conference Team.

Hopefully when you see them, they will be toasting their former teammate Carmelo, because he just got traded to an Eastern Conference Team.

cheers.jpg

even better. yes, please.

slim.

Somewhere in the world Chauncey Billups is smiling, seeing the scouting report that OJ Mayo will be suspended this game. Knowing he won't have the chance to get embarressed by such a young talented player..... Again

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=...?gid=2009110107

That being said, this is the last day of OJ Mayo suspension. I know for sure mental notes have been taken, he probably even has a who has been naughty list to him list posted in his room. Payback time is soon approaching. Feb 15th the return of OJ Mamba, i mean Mayo.

Bright days are ahead.

Somewhere in the world Chauncey Billups is smiling, seeing the scouting report that OJ Mayo will be suspended this game. Knowing he won't have the chance to get embarressed by such a young talented player..... Again

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=...?gid=2009110107

That being said, this is the last day of OJ Mayo suspension. I know for sure mental notes have been taken, he probably even has a who has been naughty list to him list posted in his room. Payback time is soon approaching. Feb 15th the return of OJ Mamba, i mean Mayo.

Bright days are ahead.

I love how you bring up the dude's career high as if it were some sort of stat. :lol:

And fyi, we lost that game by 10 points so his output was completely meaningless anyways. Also that was before he regressed.

speaking of Chauncey, he missed last night with a hyperextended knee, but is supposed to play tonight. It bears watching because if he cant go Sunday that is a major plus for us

I love how you bring up the dude's career high as if it were some sort of stat. :lol:

And fyi, we lost that game by 10 points so his output was completely meaningless anyways. Also that was before he regressed.

This was one of the games on the 1-8 stretch + Iverson drama.

His 40 points kept us in the game. The game was closer than what the final score says. Explodes on Rudy after the game for playing so badly on defense.

A few games later and Rudy Gay scores 41 over the Miami Heat and I just knew something was fishy.

I love how to try to shoot down the accomplishment of a player just to counter-react to a poster who annoys you.

There is this thing called ignore.

Yeah I'm sure Billups was shaking in his Nike's before he heard that OJ won't be playing in this one. He probably forgot who he (OJ) was. Kidding of course. But come on....are you serious?

Marc needs to come alive in this one.....sounds like a broken record.

Anyone know if Randolf will be playing? Thanks.

Talking about Chauncey I really hate you signature.GTG

I haven't had a signature in weeks. :blink:

Nuggets 31-23

Grizzlies 29-26

If we beat the Nuggets today, we'll be closer to homecourt advantage in the playoffs.

Remember, last time we played it, 'Melo didn't even play that well. It was Afflalo and Nene that killed us last time. We need to do a better job on them. I have a feeling a bench player for the Nuggets will have a big game. Look out for J.R. Smith as he can light it up from 3, we we STILL suck guarding the 3 point line.

Remember, last time we played it, 'Melo didn't even play that well. It was Afflalo and Nene that killed us last time. We need to do a better job on them. I have a feeling a bench player for the Nuggets will have a big game. Look out for J.R. Smith as he can light it up from 3, we we STILL suck guarding the 3 point line.

Yeah. We need to put Allen on JR. It's JR killed us last season in our home court by his 3s.

Nuggets 31-23

Grizzlies 29-26

If we beat the Nuggets today, we'll be closer to homecourt advantage in the playoffs.

The game is tomorrow..

Yeah I'm sure Billups was shaking in his Nike's before he heard that OJ won't be playing in this one. He probably forgot who he (OJ) was. Kidding of course. But come on....are you serious?

Marc needs to come alive in this one.....sounds like a broken record.

Anyone know if Randolf will be playing? Thanks.

nuggets are a tough team.. i really hopw we can lock down and pull out this win! :)

This game scares me. Denver has so many offensive weapons, a very good bench, and a ton of 3 point shooting.

We dont just need Zbo for this one, we need Zbo in beast mode with a 20/20 or something like that. And Hollins needs to find a way to ugly this game up, much the way Milwaulkee played us on Friday night.

This game scares me. Denver has so many offensive weapons, a very good bench, and a ton of 3 point shooting.

We dont just need Zbo for this one, we need Zbo in beast mode with a 20/20 or something like that. And Hollins needs to find a way to ugly this game up, much the way Milwaulkee played us on Friday night.

I was extremely impressed with Denver when they played Dallas the other night. Not a very ideal matchup for Memphis. A big PG like Chauncey to bully Conley, Melo's going to make Rudy work on the defensive end, they have three point shooters, and they have some good rebounding bigs.

The key in this game will be limiting Denver's possessions. We have to keep them off the offensive glass, keep them off the break, and we have to force a lot of turnovers.

If we can get a good possessions margin on them, we stand a pretty good chance. But taking scoring opportunities away from them will be ultimately crucial.

I was extremely impressed with Denver when they played Dallas the other night. Not a very ideal matchup for Memphis. A big PG like Chauncey to bully Conley, Melo's going to make Rudy work on the defensive end, they have three point shooters, and they have some good rebounding bigs.

The key in this game will be limiting Denver's possessions. We have to keep them off the offensive glass, keep them off the break, and we have to force a lot of turnovers.

If we can get a good possessions margin on them, we stand a pretty good chance. But taking scoring opportunities away from them will be ultimately crucial.

Yet, we have our advantages too. Rudy and Conley, I expect them to have a field day on offense. Rudy can't be stopped by Carmelo. Conley might lack size, but he has the quickness to run past Billups. ZBo is a bad matchup for anybody not named Dwight Howard. Rudy is also one of the only guys that have the body to matchup against Carmelo's. He's athletic enough to match Carmelo on both ends of the floor.

We never defend the perimeter aggressively. Make the offense work. No open shot. No easy baskets.

Even if Denver is a potent running team, they have their own troubles with a very quick game, given that they are a natural half-court team. If we focus forcing TOs, attacking aggressively on fastbreak points and give us some time to recover on defense, we win this game.